Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, can you give me an ETA on your spunding valves,

Cheers

This product just got uploaded to the website:
https://www.kegland.com.au/blowtie-diaphragm-spunding-valve-adjustable-pressure-relief-valve.html

We have limited stock arriving at the end of next week that will probably sell out fast then we have a much larger batch arriving in about 5 weeks.

We have been using this product for some time and honestly once you compare this to the other spunding valves on the market you will really appreciate how much more accurate this device is.

@KegLand-com-au - Do you sell compression fittings for the wort heat exchanger, I've found these compression fittings but they seem to be too large? I want the chiller but not sure how I will attach it to the robobrew or water outlet?

For this particular job we have the 3/8 Push in x 1/2" thread Duotight Push in Fitting. We have not uploaded this to our website yet but this is a really nice way to connect your hoses but unfortunately just not in stock for another few weeks.

Those stainless compression fittings are really good for the stainless immersion chillers but they are not suitable for the copper ones so please do not purchase these.

I can't find KL07696 which is referenced in the description of the above..??

The stock of the KL07696 will arrive next week then we will put up on the website.

The current units that we have been testing have the incorrect scale so we didn't want to put them on the website as the photos would be misleading. So these will be photographed and put up by the end of next week I think.

For this particular job we have the 3/8 Push in x 1/2" thread Duotight Push in Fitting. We have not uploaded this to our website yet but this is a really nice way to connect your hoses but unfortunately just not in stock for another few weeks.

Those stainless compression fittings are really good for the stainless immersion chillers but they are not suitable for the copper ones so please do not purchase these.
Thanks for the info, just to confirm these aren’t the fitting you are referring to? Can you let me know when they will available for purchase, hoping to make an order this weekend.

Thanks for the info, just to confirm these aren’t the fitting you are referring to? Can you let me know when they will available for purchase, hoping to make an order this weekend.

No these are not the fittings. The fittings I am talking about will look similar to that but they use the Duotight system and also they will be made from Acetal not nickle coated brass like that one. We have not uploaded them to our website yet but we will start putting a lot more of the Duotight fittings up in the coming weeks.

You guys have been a game changer in the co2 bottle area. Any chance this might extend to nitro? I really wanna put nitro on one of my taps, but at two kidneys and a spleen for rent, its not an option.

You guys have been a game changer in the co2 bottle area. Any chance this might extend to nitro? I really wanna put nitro on one of my taps, but at two kidneys and a spleen for rent, its not an option.
You can actually buy Nitrogen bottles - no rent but they are pretty exy. From memory Gasweld have them but might be wrong there.

Maybe Kegland can come up with a more affordable option - if so I'll be no2 on the buyers list :)

Yes we are going to offer disposable nitrogen cylinder soon. I think the first lot of disposable nitrogen bottles will in about mid October.

These will have not ongoing rental cost but they will cost about 30 per cylinder. They are charged to 110bar and the cylinder is 1.4L in volume. So basically if you are dispensing at about 20-30psi you will get about 2-3 corny kegs out of one cylinder. So it's more expensive than CO2 but still significantly cheaper than rental if you are drinking less than a keg of stout per month.

You can actually buy Nitrogen bottles - no rent but they are pretty exy. From memory Gasweld have them but might be wrong there.

Maybe Kegland can come up with a more affordable option - if so I'll be no2 on the buyers list :)

That is correct. These are already available and they are slightly more expensive than us and not sure if they are food grade.

The disposable Nitrogen would certainly make it more accessible and I'm interested.

@KegLand-com-au do you have an update on the availability of 65L robobrews?

You guys have been a game changer in the co2 bottle area.

That's if you can actually get one delivered!
I ordered one 3 weeks ago, which was promptly "lost" by Toll. A replacement cylinder was supposedly sent last Monday, but nobody can tell me where that one is either.
Not happy Jan!

Edit: Replacement arrived today - no tracking info though.

Last edited:
Howdy Kegland,

Do you have any updates on the new fermentation fridges you're working on? I also recall you mentioning a while back that you were working on a stainless conical, so I'm keen to here any updates on that front too. I'm very close to shelling out for an SS Brewtank 7 Gal Unitank, so just wondering if it's worth holding off a bit longer to see what you bring to the market.

Thanks,
Steve

The disposable Nitrogen would certainly make it more accessible and I'm interested.

@KegLand-com-au do you have an update on the availability of 65L robobrews?

No worries. Also I wanted to ask you guys a question to see what you would prefer.

1. Option 1 - Refillable nitrogen cylinders but it might be a few months before we have a nitrogen refill station installed
- Aluminium cylinder
- Comes full and is sold for $28
- Looks like a sodastream cylinder and has same valve on top so it's compatible with various sodastream adaptors so you can connect it to your CO2 regulator just like a sodastream cylinder.
- Contains 110Litres of Nitrogen. Enough for about 2 corny kegs.
- Eventually when we start doing fills the fills will cost about $20 each.

2. Option 2 - Disposable nitrogen cylinders
- Made from steel
- comes full and is sold for $34
- Is twice the size of option 1 but holds 157L of nitrogen and is enough for almost 3 corny kegs
- has a much smaller metric thread designed to suit regulators that look like this:
http://www.airwholesalers.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=374

Do you guys have a preference on this one? It would be good to hear what you guys think.

No worries. Also I wanted to ask you guys a question to see what you would prefer.

1. Option 1 - Refillable nitrogen cylinders but it might be a few months before we have a nitrogen refill station installed
- Aluminium cylinder
- Comes full and is sold for $28
- Looks like a sodastream cylinder and has same valve on top so it's compatible with various sodastream adaptors so you can connect it to your CO2 regulator just like a sodastream cylinder.
- Contains 110Litres of Nitrogen. Enough for about 2 corny kegs.
- Eventually when we start doing fills the fills will cost about $20 each.

2. Option 2 - Disposable nitrogen cylinders
- Made from steel
- comes full and is sold for $34
- Is twice the size of option 1 but holds 157L of nitrogen and is enough for almost 3 corny kegs
- has a much smaller metric thread designed to suit regulators that look like this:
http://www.airwholesalers.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=374

Do you guys have a preference on this one? It would be good to hear what you guys think.

I'm always for reusable over throw away items, especially if they are similar cost, and if it uses a sodastream adaptor to allow use of an existing regulator - sounds great!
So I'd prefer option 1 if possible.

If it is a soda stream type bottle can you still use the same mini reg as the c02 one?

Back