Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We will have to do some reading first and work out what honey malt is. We will get back to you on this one.

Realistically we probably will not be in a hurry to get this in.

The problem is that with the more obscure malt varieties they simply do not turn over fast enough. If we cant turn them over quickly we are really doing you a diservice by stocking them.

I always use melanoidin as a replacement for honey, if you read brulosophy they did a comparison between the two and the preference was for the melanoidin.

Any plans on releasing a stainless fermenter (ss brewtech style)?

If so, any thoughts or details on when and design features?

Loving your work by the way.

I always use melanoidin as a replacement for honey, if you read brulosophy they did a comparison between the two and the preference was for the melanoidin.

Summary from brulosphy...
"Despite being produced using somewhat similar methods, the results of this xBmt suggest Melanoidin malt is different than Honey malt, at least based off the fact a significant portion of participants were able to reliably distinguish them from each other. While they certainly shared some characteristics, these findings counter the proposition that the malts can be used interchangeably to produce the same results, and provide continuing evidence that ingredient selection matters."

Will you be selling the 4 inch epdm gaskets that you are using in the new kegmenters?
I have an older kegmenter with a silicone one and it is a bit challenging to get a good seal at times.

Summary from brulosphy...
"Despite being produced using somewhat similar methods, the results of this xBmt suggest Melanoidin malt is different than Honey malt, at least based off the fact a significant portion of participants were able to reliably distinguish them from each other. While they certainly shared some characteristics, these findings counter the proposition that the malts can be used interchangeably to produce the same results, and provide continuing evidence that ingredient selection matters."

:) I think its the closest you will find in most LHBS given Honey malt is hard to find, I have used it as a replacement and been happy with the results.

They also used a lot more than you would generally so any difference would be exacerabted and still only 11 (the exact statistically figure) could distinguish.

Last edited:
Just wondering with the Robobrew, does it require any kind of "magic power" output to run.........I'm not an electrician, but by that I mean does it need to be put on a separate circuit or anything like that? Or can I simply just slap it into a power point and away I go? - Would hate to grab one only to find the house cant handle it and it trips the circuit breaker or something.

Just wondering with the Robobrew, does it require any kind of "magic power" output to run.........I'm not an electrician, but by that I mean does it need to be put on a separate circuit or anything like that? Or can I simply just slap it into a power point and away I go?

It only draws a hair over 10 amps, you can use it on any normal powerpoint. If you'd be happy to run a kettle from it, you can run a Robo from it.

Question for Keg Land. In the Keg King days, there was a 1/2" BSP nut with a recess for an o-ring, these worked great for things like ball vales etc onto round vessels. Any plans to bring out these as well? (or is there already an equivalent?)

These malts are already in stock. The only reason they are not online yet is because we are just fixing up some it stuff so the inventory is better managed. We will probably have them up for sale in the next week.

So we can buy a sack from your warehouse if we rock up?

If so, might see you tomorrow

Why do some products have IN STOCK and when selected come up as "Availability: Out of Stock"?
upload_2018-9-1_8-31-53.png

So we can buy a sack from your warehouse if we rock up?

If so, might see you tomorrow
Has to be bought and selected as pick up online bud.
Monday to Friday. They don't do Saturdays just yet.

Why do some products have IN STOCK and when selected come up as "Availability: Out of Stock"?
View attachment 113389
Must have been a temporary bug. Says online and i stock for me.

@KegLand-com-au When choosing a delivery option is the "Toll (authority to leave)" option for residential or is it for business addresses only?

I like Toll but but i'm a night shifter who is asleep during the day.

Howdy kegland

Just wondering if you have an eta on the digiboil units?

I did see a late September arrival on the site previously, but it just says sold out now.

Any plans on releasing a stainless fermenter (ss brewtech style)?

If so, any thoughts or details on when and design features?

Loving your work by the way.

These are the only stainless Fermenter that we have at the moment:
https://www.kegland.com.au/58l-kegmenter-304-stainless-uni-tank-pressurisable-fermenter.html
https://www.kegland.com.au/29l-kegmenter-304-stainless-uni-tank-pressurisable-fermenter.html

With that said we will probably do some smaller simple fermenters and also some larger 50l and 100L conical fermenters too but this is at least a few months away.

Will you be selling the 4 inch epdm gaskets that you are using in the new kegmenters?
I have an older kegmenter with a silicone one and it is a bit challenging to get a good seal at times.

Yes this will be available soon. I think they should be in stock in about 5-6 weeks.

Hey Kegland,

When are you getting more soda stream bottle filling adapters in?

TIA

Just wondering with the Robobrew, does it require any kind of "magic power" output to run.........I'm not an electrician, but by that I mean does it need to be put on a separate circuit or anything like that? Or can I simply just slap it into a power point and away I go? - Would hate to grab one only to find the house cant handle it and it trips the circuit breaker or something.

This Robobrew 35L unit just runs on normal 10amp power socket:
https://www.kegland.com.au/robobrew-35l-gen-3.html

However this Robobrew 65L will require a 16amp power plug.
https://www.kegland.com.au/robobrew-65l-gen-3.html

Latest posts

Back