Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As opposed to the whiners like me that, when they get a notification, find the stock is gone before they can order?
Whining no more.
Got in stock notification this morning and ordered. Still in stock. Yey.

I was watching your minikeg video and you were talking about ball lock disconnect flow controllers are coming out. Do you have any information about time frame?

We have already made some and we have been doing testing on this product. I am pretty sure they will be quite popular and they have several benefits over flow control taps.

We have found a couple small ways that we can make improvements to them so we are making some new designs which have minor alterations. I think the release date on these should be about November.

Why are your kegereators so cheap?

Are you going to stock any Weyermann malts?

Yes after the survey we got quite a few people say that wanted a large selection of Weyermann so this is something we are going to do.

We will probably hardly stock any Joe White. The Joe White stuff is really cheap but it's just not quite as good and this was really demonstrated in the survey that we recently did.

Why are your kegereators so cheap?
Probably a more useful answer than the other :)

I'd suspect Kegland have committed to buying a LOT of kegerators and are selling them at a low profit margin
to move some numbers.
Although I have no insight as to whether that's the real reason or not - just based on business economics I studied a while back.

cheers

They save money by spelling it kegerator ;)

The reasons why our kegerators/kegereators are so cheap are:
1. We have larger purchasing power on the kegerators so we purchase them cheaper than anyone else.
2. We have very low margins.
3. We are quite efficient at importing and moving stock and have fairly good staff to turnover ratio.

In addition to this we use superior beer line to some other importers. Some other importers use cheaper polyethylene beer line which can crack, doesn't work well with push in fittings, and also is a poor gas barrier so you get CO2 loss and O2 ingress through the beer line. A lot of people think plastic is a perfect gas barrier but this is far from the truth and PE is very porous and has extremely high gas transmission rates. The gas transmission rates are orders of magnitude higher than our EVABarrier tubing. We also no longer stock vinyl beer line either as vinyl has potential issues to human health. All vinyl beer line contains plasticisers. We already know of many plasticises that have negative effect on human health. Also almost all of these plasticisers gradually are released from the beer line over time. So it's something that just doesn't sit very well with me using food contact plastics like this that leech chemicals into the beverage.

We use excellent quality taps and fonts.

So by all means I think the overall kegerators are great value given all these factors and you probably will not find a better value kegerator anywhere in Australia.

I see you’ve put up the malts on your website, great prices. Do you have an ETA for stocking them?

Looking to buy some other gear and am torn. On one hand want to save on postage, on the other keen to get the new gear ASAP!

I have a Kegland Kegerator and looking at replacing the beer line with your 4mm line, how long should this be? 1.5M?

Hi Kegland you've said a few pages back you're not fans of ball lock valves. Any chance you're going to stock something else instead then? Butterfly valves?

Last edited:
I see you’ve put up the malts on your website, great prices. Do you have an ETA for stocking them?

Looking to buy some other gear and am torn. On one hand want to save on postage, on the other keen to get the new gear ASAP!

These malts are already in stock. The only reason they are not online yet is because we are just fixing up some it stuff so the inventory is better managed. We will probably have them up for sale in the next week.

You will probably find this might be the case for some time as we have a lot of new gear coming out over the next 6 months so you probably will end up making multiple orders anyway.

Their new kegerator kits come with 4mm line @1.7m length

That's right. We use this EVABarrier stuff now:
https://www.kegland.com.au/evabarrier-4mm-x-8mm-double-wall-eva-12meter-roll-in-bag.html

So when you use this 4mm ID 1.5meter is normaly enough to get adequate flow resistance. So the lengh that we send out with the kegerator can probably shortened a bit.

The taps that we sell work well with a flow rate of 300ml per 10 seconds. So you can tune the system with a keg of water if you can be bothered. Set your expected dispence pressure then use a stopwatch and pour for 10 seconds into a measuring cup. Shorten the line until you get the right flow speed.

Thanks for that. Easier to manage than the 3+ M in my existing one.

Yes would totally agree. I rarely use the 5mm ID as the resistance per meter is just too low and it's a pain to coil up in the fridge. Also have significantly more beer sitting in the lines too.

So when you go from 4mm ID to 5mm ID you will have about 4 times more beer sitting in the lines as you need to use twice as much beer line length and you have twice as much beer in the lines per meter(approximately) So it's a compounding effect. Beer will always be fresher in the keg than in the beer line. So from a quality beverage you are better off minimising the beer in the lines.

In addition to this the 4mm Line has thicker wall cross section giving the beer line slightly better kink resistance while also forming slightly better gas barrier to CO2 loss and O2 ingress. (these are marginal benefits, but they all add up to dispensing better quality beer).

Hi Kegland you've said a few pages back you're not fans of ball lock valves. Any chance you're going to stock something else instead then? Butterfly valves?

Yes we have some butterfly valves that will be coming into stock in the not too distant future.

Any chance of being able to source some honey malt?

We will have to do some reading first and work out what honey malt is. We will get back to you on this one.

Realistically we probably will not be in a hurry to get this in.

The problem is that with the more obscure malt varieties they simply do not turn over fast enough. If we cant turn them over quickly we are really doing you a diservice by stocking them.

Latest posts

Back