Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We do have larger immersion chillers that will arrive in stock in about 6-7 weeks so perhaps if you want a larger immersion chiller you should wait a bit longer.
I will talk to the other guys about this and we will look at getting a bundle together.
Awesome, I can wait, I'll have quite the order to go in what with the Fermentasaurus 2, spunding valve and a bunch of other things - hopefully everything will be in stock at once! Have you guys thought about also one day implementing a 'ship together' feature in your shopping cart, kinda like Amazon etc.,? Allow people to pay for everything including a single shipping fee and then dispatch when everything finally turns up - would be very convenient for us as customers, not sure about your end..

To be honest I hate conventional garden hose disconnects and I have swapped all my garden hose fittings to camlock fittings that just do not leak like garden hose fittings. So even the stuff to water the lawn is camlock now. If you want to convert other garden hose fittings to camlock you normally need one of these:
https://www.kegland.com.au/stainless-reducing-bush-1-2inch-x-1-4inch-908.html
and one of these:
https://www.kegland.com.au/ss-camlock-type-f-male-x-1-2inch-bsp-male.html

Unfortunately a couple of these parts have sold out but we have more on the way.
please order lots

Awesome, grain mill and silicone tubing have arrived, now to get some grain and fire that baby up.

Also, a instruction manual for the mill wouldn't go astray.

Awesome, grain mill and silicone tubing have arrived, now to get some grain and fire that baby up.

Also, a instruction manual for the mill wouldn't go astray.
Hi RR not much to know mate, set a gap and turn the handle (for malted barley 1mm is a good start, then modify it according to your results/equipment, biab handles a finer grind than a RB etc) different grains need different gaps of course, BUT! if you want to know the "best" gap for a given grain be prepared for an avalanche of opinions, theories etc Google is your friend, glad your weekend was un-ruined, best of luck and enjoy the new toy, although you may have opened a can of worms lol Cheers G

ps, use a 2 speed cordless drill on low speed instead of the handle, 200rpm is generally considered an ideal speed.

Any plans on releasing a stainless fermenter (ss brewtech style)?

If so, any thoughts or details on when and design features?

Loving your work by the way.

Will you be stocking the Fermentasaurus Gen 1 ? The comprises made to suit your fridge make the gen2 unsuitable for my system.

Is there any advantage to the 8/10L mini kegs over the 9.5L picnic keg? They cost about the same when you factor in the head

Ugh... i swear Auspost has it out for me. I bought a refractometer yesterday morning, paid for Auspost express, got the shipping email at about 10:30am yesterday morning and as of now they either haven't picked it up or they haven't scanned it anywhere because it still says that its been "approved" and its not on my doorstep and no "we missed you" card in the letterbox.

I am sticking to toll from now on and pray that they don't increase their shipping costs.

I decided to stick with Toll too after how quickly they delivered my Robobrew. Ordered on a Thursday, delivered the next day - Melbourne to Adelaide - very happy with that.
Problem is, now they seem to have lost my 6kg CO2 bottle. It's been sitting in Melbourne all week apparently. I rang them to find out why it's taking so long and they said they'd check & get back to me.
They got back to me alright, but they can't tell me where it is, other than it's not in Adelaide.
They'd better bloody well find it!

Hi Kegland,
First of all I have ordered several time from you various products and haven't been disappointed so thanks! I was hoping you could help, I have purchased a liquid ball lock post bulkhead and I wanted to add the short dip tube to it which I purchased but I can't see how I can connect the two. Could you please instruct me.
Cheers.

I decided to stick with Toll too after how quickly they delivered my Robobrew. Ordered on a Thursday, delivered the next day - Melbourne to Adelaide - very happy with that.
Problem is, now they seem to have lost my 6kg CO2 bottle. It's been sitting in Melbourne all week apparently. I rang them to find out why it's taking so long and they said they'd check & get back to me.
They got back to me alright, but they can't tell me where it is, other than it's not in Adelaide.
They'd better bloody well find it!

The only problem i have with toll is that they are a day out with their delivery date estimate, a few times now it has come a day later, other than that they have been awesome, even when i had road works out the front the delivery guy parked a block away and delivered to me, it was my robobrew so props to that guy.

The only problem i have with toll is that they are a day out with their delivery date estimate, a few times now it has come a day later, other than that they have been awesome, even when i had road works out the front the delivery guy parked a block away and delivered to me, it was my robobrew so props to that guy.
+1 for Toll, but Auspost has been good here too, my previous house a couple of things went "missing" I jumped through all their hoops to no avail, the problem is they use contractors and if your local guy is a thief there doesn't seem to be much they can (or are willing) to do about it. I'm rural now (was ACT before) and our guys are brilliant, maybe it's the old city v country thing.

+1 for Toll, but Auspost has been good here too, my previous house a couple of things went "missing" I jumped through all their hoops to no avail, the problem is they use contractors and if your local guy is a thief there doesn't seem to be much they can (or are willing) to do about it. I'm rural now (was ACT before) and our guys are brilliant, maybe it's the old city v country thing.

My Auspost guy is quite good, but its the in between stuff from leaving the warehouse to being on board with the driver is what im having trouble with. But in saying that i do choose Auspost if i am not in a hurry to get my items.

Hi Kegland,
First of all I have ordered several time from you various products and haven't been disappointed so thanks! I was hoping you could help, I have purchased a liquid ball lock post bulkhead and I wanted to add the short dip tube to it which I purchased but I can't see how I can connect the two. Could you please instruct me.
Cheers.

Thanks for that. You have a couple options to solve this problem.

You can use this part to convert the thread to female:
https://www.kegland.com.au/1-4-inch-bsp-stainless-internal-threaded-socket.html

Then use a barb like this one:
https://www.kegland.com.au/6mm-hosebarb-1-4-inch-male-bsp.html

So this will allow you to attach some beer line as a dip tube.

We will also have some 1/4 female to 8mm duotight fittings in the future too so this might be another option but this larger range of Duotight fittings doesnt arrive for another 6 weeks.

Alternatively you can just remove the very short dip tube that comes with that fitting and replace with a long stainless dip tube like this one:
https://www.kegland.com.au/stainless-keg-dip-tube-long-liquid.html

So you have various different options to complete this task.

I was watching your minikeg video and you were talking about ball lock disconnect flow controllers are coming out. Do you have any information about time frame?

Back