Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@KegLand-com-au Just a couple of suggestions for you next Robobrew update.

First is better quality control, all the mesh screens that came with mine are bent AF and allowed grain to get under the malt pipe. Next is a small mesh screen over the pump inlet, when it came to pump my wort after boiling the pump was blocked, luckily the ball valve was there.

Do not get me wrong, i am happy with my purchase and are just suggestions to make a great machine even better for future buyers.

Kegland.

I bought some of your silicon hose and it absolutely ******* stinks! What is it? It is that bad it has stunk my garage out and i don't think i would brew with it, well definitely not, probably will throw it in the bin it is that bad.

Kegland.

I bought some of your silicon hose and it absolutely ******* stinks! What is it? It is that bad it has stunk my garage out and i don't think i would brew with it, well definitely not, probably will throw it in the bin it is that bad.

Let me know where your bin is and I'll grab it out.

Let me know where your bin is and I'll grab it out.

He's not wrong, though - I've got some here and it reeks.

No intention of throwing it away, though, I'll recirculate some hot water through it for a while and see how it goes.

Kegland.

Oh dear.

I picked up my burners today, cheers to KL, now these beauties were cheap, and I mean forget the price on the KL website. I deliberately questioned the store owner(and his wife on the way to the car boot) both assured me they had made a decent mark up on the product. Best I can tell at least from this purchase stories of KL undercutting their whole sale customers, is garbage. Infact my LHBS has told me they prefer me to order KL products through them.
Now this business is near brand new and working to make itself known in the area if there was an issue with price undercutting these guys would be feeling it.

Anyway despite their assurances I still felt like I was stealing at least one of these burners.
I,m after a burner where did you get it and how much, please
BUMP!

I picked up my burners today, cheers to KL, now these beauties were cheap, and I mean forget the price on the KL website. I deliberately questioned the store owner(and his wife on the way to the car boot) both assured me they had made a decent mark up on the product. Best I can tell at least from this purchase stories of KL undercutting their whole sale customers, is garbage. Infact my LHBS has told me they prefer me to order KL products through them.
Now this business is near brand new and working to make itself known in the area if there was an issue with price undercutting these guys would be feeling it.

Anyway despite their assurances I still felt like I was stealing at least one of these burners.

Thanks for your business. We really appreciate the support.

This is the design of burner that we have. I believe we are the exlusive importer of this burner at the moment:
https://www.kegland.com.au/high-pressure-lpg-burner-with-stand-and-regulator.html

The burner is very efficient and being high pressure you can kick out quite a bit of power. It's quite difficult to get a high pressure burner approved and compliant to AGA standards which is why you see so many of the mongolian and other low pressure burner types.

My only very slight issue with the burners as they are sold out of the box is that the air/gas orrifice which can be adjusted by spinning the steel plate must be in a fixed position as this is a requirement to the AGA standard to limit the amount of control we give to our customers. With that said if you use this burner in America you can remove the screws that hold this mixing plate in the fixed position and then you can adjust this plate to get the absolute most efficient burn. This would be my preffered way of using this burner.

@KegLand-com-au Just a couple of suggestions for you next Robobrew update.

First is better quality control, all the mesh screens that came with mine are bent AF and allowed grain to get under the malt pipe. Next is a small mesh screen over the pump inlet, when it came to pump my wort after boiling the pump was blocked, luckily the ball valve was there.

Do not get me wrong, i am happy with my purchase and are just suggestions to make a great machine even better for future buyers.

That makes sense. We appreciate the response. If you send us a photo of t bent mesh screen this is all we need to process a warranty claim for you. Alternatively just remind us on your next order and we will just throw a free one in for you.

With regards to the pump all the wort that goes through the pump needs to pass through this valse bottom which is actually the pump filter:
https://www.kegland.com.au/robobrew-35l-gen3-false-bottom.html

Did you have this fitted prior to getting the blockage?

Please do not throw out the hose. All silicon hose is manufactured with curing agents. If the hose is freshly made just like ours has been then it will have a smell of the curing agent. Once the hose is a few months old the curing agent evaporates and no longer smells.

We have been selling out of hose fast and as a result we have not had it sitting around long. It gets extruded, stuffed into plastic bags shipped to us and not long after its sold.

As we start to hold more stock it will take longer for the stock to rotate and the hose will have more time to fully cure. For this reason the smell will disappear.

I am fairly confident the hose is fine it’s just a bit too new.

Please do not throw out the hose. All silicon hose is manufactured with curing agents. If the hose is freshly made just like ours has been then it will have a smell of the curing agent. Once the hose is a few months old the curing agent evaporates and no longer smells.

We have been selling out of hose fast and as a result we have not had it sitting around long. It gets extruded, stuffed into plastic bags shipped to us and not long after its sold.

As we start to hold more stock it will take longer for the stock to rotate and the hose will have more time to fully cure. For this reason the smell will disappear.

I am fairly confident the hose is fine it’s just a bit too new.

Well may i suggest that you hold onto it until the smell disappears, because if we had smellovision no one would even touch it.

Is there no common sense there or is it all about the dollars.

Well may i suggest that you hold onto it until the smell disappears, because if we had smellovision no one would even touch it.

Is there no common sense there or is it all about the dollars.

I need to see this for myself. You send it to me ill pay for freight.

@KegLand-com-au Hi Kee my order arrived promptly thank you (yes I had to wait till you had stock see comment at end) but unfortunately I have to agree with RRising re: QA on the RB's, all the screens were bent quite badly, the stick on cover for the control panel was skewed by 11mm, the grinding on the malt pipe lifting handle looked like the work of a first year apprentice and the gauge of steel is "adequate".
OK here's the rub, I paid $399! for a system that WORKS, not $1200, not $2000 plus, just $399 for that I thank you, it took me 2 mins to peal off the sticker and put it back on correctly, the screens are now sort of flat will see how that works in practice, the handle at the end of the day is just that "a handle" and the gauge of steel? well if I'd paid $2000 I wouldn't be happy, but I didn't so it's a fair deal, it just looks like some small manufacturer got a big order and they just slapped it all together and threw it all in a box without any care, very sad that an extra 10 mins per unit would have made a world of difference to the end product.
To those here that whinge about "out of stock" a word if I may. I wanted 2 things (sort of) an RB and a 6kg gas, not wanting to pay double freight I waited until the RB's came and they did, and yep the gas was then out of stock, so I waited again (fingers crossed) I got both (plus a few bits) eventually for $30 freight, we live in an age of NOW! but it's false, it's only NOW! if it's electronic, no-one can deliver 30kg's through your smart phone, tablet, laptop, sure people can airfreight and have it in 5 days (do you really want to pay for that?)
You would think that Toyota (massive storage ability, unlimited funds, global reach) would have the bit you need sitting on a shelf near you (they don't!) they operate JIT (just in time) where computers predict what parts will be needed where and when, and if you are unlucky enough for your $150,000 Landcruiser to suffer an "unexpected" failure you will have to wait for the part to be shipped from Japan (yes they will air freight it lol)
My point is this: this tiny company with limited funds and limited storage is trying to supply a service at minimal cost to it's customers and should be applauded, if this means we don't get it NOW! well my friends there are at least a half dozen other suppliers that will supply it now, just be prepared for the "air freight" Cheers G

ps, just ordered new taps and stuff, and yep some bits are out of stock, oh well "shrugs"

That makes sense. We appreciate the response. If you send us a photo of t bent mesh screen this is all we need to process a warranty claim for you. Alternatively just remind us on your next order and we will just throw a free one in for you.

With regards to the pump all the wort that goes through the pump needs to pass through this valse bottom which is actually the pump filter:
https://www.kegland.com.au/robobrew-35l-gen3-false-bottom.html

Did you have this fitted prior to getting the blockage?

As of writing this, your website is down but i assume its the same false bottom that comes with the system and yes i did have it at the bottom.

I took a photo and as you can see some pieces are quite bent.

p8yb4A0m.jpg

Hi @KegLand-com-au, I have one of your Fresh Wort Kits (Summer Ale) sitting in my cupboard ready to be brewed this weekend. However if I wanted to save it for a party in October and brew then would it hold fine? Or is it the earlier the better?

Cheers,

Latest posts

Back