Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might check with your LHBS, I went to mine Thursday, and they're ordering the gear for me from KL, no postage cost to me.
This seems to be the only chance of getting somethings.
58 litre kegmenter supposedly coming on 17th but now the pressure lids have gone straight from available to out of stock. Presumably kegmenter will be available for 20 minutes and then oos.
I give up.

Oh yeah. Ub40 really are the band for the moment...

Don’t break my heart
Impossible love
Please don’t make me cry
If it happens again
Kiss and say goodbye

So, i bought a bottle filling gun - what's the best way of hooking it up to gas, ideally id like you be able to grab a disconnect off a keg and plug it into the gun without too much tubing permanently hanging off the gun.

Any thoughts on how best to do this? Still learning all the brewing fittings and fixtures!

y hoping to get one of these before I keg this weekend.
Any update as to when the KL06972: MINI KEG - BALL LOCK TAPPING HEAD (WITH SILICONE DIP TUBE) will be back in stock? Up until today the ETA was today, and now it has disappeared and there is no updated ETA.

Really hoping to get one of these before I keg this weekend.

Also I am assuming this will fit on other suppliers minikegs?

Yes the tapping head is compatible with various other mini kegs on the market. The tapping head should be back in stock later this week.
https://www.kegland.com.au/mini-keg-ball-lock-tapping-head-with-silicone-dip-tube.html

This seems to be the only chance of getting somethings.
58 litre kegmenter supposedly coming on 17th but now the pressure lids have gone straight from available to out of stock. Presumably kegmenter will be available for 20 minutes and then oos.
I give up.

Sorry about this. Things have been selling out fast but we are increasing the stock levels on a large range of the items that we have now. Now that we have a much larger warehouse we are able to hold more stock so we will be getting a lot more stock in generally speaking.

So, i bought a bottle filling gun - what's the best way of hooking it up to gas, ideally id like you be able to grab a disconnect off a keg and plug it into the gun without too much tubing permanently hanging off the gun.

Any thoughts on how best to do this? Still learning all the brewing fittings and fixtures!

We will be getting more of these duotight fittings in very soon and expanding the range.
https://www.kegland.com.au/catalogsearch/result/?q=duotight

I think soon we will have some reducers to reduce from 8mm OD down to smaller sizes. These ones should be able to clip directly onto the stainless steel tube on the back of the gun. So we might make a video about this and upload it in the near future. We have also been working on a new bottle filling device but this probably wont come out until the end of the year.

We will be getting more of these duotight fittings in very soon and expanding the range.
https://www.kegland.com.au/catalogsearch/result/?q=duotight

I think soon we will have some reducers to reduce from 8mm OD down to smaller sizes. These ones should be able to clip directly onto the stainless steel tube on the back of the gun. So we might make a video about this and upload it in the near future. We have also been working on a new bottle filling device but this probably wont come out until the end of the year.
Are you able to say what the general gist of your new device is? Still a gun, or something permanently mounted?

I find one of my most useful tools in brewing to be my pressure cooker and I really like being able to sterilise items in it, especially if they are a little fiddly to clean (gives a bit of piece of mind). Could you let me know which of your items below I could put in the pressure cooker without them melting or distorting?:

Carbonation caps
Ball lock posts with 5/8” BSP thread (sankey to corny disco)
Weldless thermowell
Corny plastic disconnects
Intertap faucets
Fermentasaurus parts (the non PET parts)
Your new duo tight fittings (I don’t have any of these but it might sway my potential future purchases for this kind of gear)

Cough...

Not sure if you missed this or whether it requires a bit of research...

I called earlier and spoke to Oliver who indicated they're emptying the container with these items inside today and tomorrow.

We should expect stock to appear on the site tonight or tomorrow at some point.

Back in stock as anticipated - can't wait for my mini-kegs!

Are you able to say what the general gist of your new device is? Still a gun, or something permanently mounted?

It will not be like a gun we can tell you that much. We are still working on the new design though so it's better if we hold of giving too much away until closer to the release date.

It will not be like a gun we can tell you that much. We are still working on the new design though so it's better if we hold of giving too much away until closer to the release date.
OK no worries. What ever happened to the Pegas lookalike from a few years back? Seemed to disappear about the same time the stainless carb cap was released, not a like-for-like replacement in my view though? I'm keen on one of these jiggers.

counter%20pressure%20bottle%20filler%20zen.JPG

Another one on the list, hell I might need bigger white board soon.

OK no worries. What ever happened to the Pegas lookalike from a few years back? Seemed to disappear about the same time the stainless carb cap was released, not a like-for-like replacement in my view though? I'm keen on one of these jiggers.

counter%20pressure%20bottle%20filler%20zen.JPG
I have one of these and they are still all over Alixpress and such, there's also an SS version, waiting to see what KL come up with, cause I have a ton of flip top bottles that won't work with the pegas. And I have been fermenting under pressure constantly now so bit of a pita.

KL will the new CPBF do flip tops (Grolsch type bottles)

IMG_7301.jpg

One of these gas valves is what I use for my beer gun, and just the line supplied with a beer disconnect

I have one of these and they are still all over Alixpress and such, there's also an SS version, waiting to see what KL come up with, cause I have a ton of flip top bottles that won't work with the pegas. And I have been fermenting under pressure constantly now so bit of a pita.

KL will the new CPBF do flip tops (Grolsch type bottles)

Yes we did sell these a long time ago but they were just not reliable enough. these units were horrible to clean and they really were not sanitary in the way they were designed. As a result beer would dry up inside the unit and then start to glue up the components preventing it from working correctly. So we dont have anything positive to say about this pegas copy of the bottle filler. It worked well when it was new but then quickly started to have issues.

The new Pegas taps have done away with the cartridge system for that reason and you can even retro fit the new system in the old fillers.

Ugh... i swear Auspost has it out for me. I bought a refractometer yesterday morning, paid for Auspost express, got the shipping email at about 10:30am yesterday morning and as of now they either haven't picked it up or they haven't scanned it anywhere because it still says that its been "approved" and its not on my doorstep and no "we missed you" card in the letterbox.

I am sticking to toll from now on and pray that they don't increase their shipping costs.

Back