Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi @KegLand-com-au your website is still awfully slow and the search is rubbish. Are you investing in fixing this?

Any old website analyser will give simple advice on how to improve the performance e.g. Pingdom Tools

Yes sorry about this. We have a massive issue right now as we had a large email out go to quite a long list regarding the Core 360 Regulators. As soon as this email went out we had about 1500 people trying to compete for the shipment of these and they have now sold out in a relatively short amount of time.

One of the issues with this type of thing is that it puts a large load on the server then normally customers are rapidly hitting F5 to refresh the page so when they come available then can purchase as many as they can and with 1500 customers rapidly pressing F5 it just seems to slow the site down quite a lot. I think you will notice it should be better in the next two days.

Any answer on this? Also when are new stock of oxygen cylinders expected?

These oxygen cylinders here are in the process of getting discontinued. We have a new cylinder type that is slightly larger and better value for money and this will be arriving very soon so this will replace the old type.

Also I noticed that your sodastream style cylinders now say they can be used for nitrogen. Are you aware of anywhere in Sydney that will refill these with nitrogen?

Also I noticed that your sodastream style cylinders now say they can be used for nitrogen. Are you aware of anywhere in Sydney that will refill these with nitrogen?

We have been planning to do this eventually in Melbourne but just have not got round to this yet as we have been quite busy with other tasks but once all the development of new products slows down a bit we will then get setup for a nitrogen filling service. It's not a huge number of customers that need this so we have not been really chasing this too much but it certainly would be nice if we could offere nitrogen fills and mixed gas nitrogen and co2 fills too.

payment fee?
Ive given up on the 360 core regulator. I was going to order a few other bits I need, when I get to the checkout there is a payment fee! This is before any payment option is selected.
I decided to put my order in the queue way way over there.

payment fee?
Ive given up on the 360 core regulator. I was going to order a few other bits I need, when I get to the checkout there is a payment fee! This is before any payment option is selected.
I decided to put my order in the queue way way over there.

What form of payment were you using? If you us the standard Visa or Mastercard or Bank Deposit no payment fee exists. All other forms of payment type have a fee associated.

We simply cannot make the Core 360 units fast enough. We are getting large orders from Europe, America and other countries so we are spreading the stock thinly across many customers at the moment. Sorry about this. As we expand our manufacturing capabilities we will able ot eventually make supply = demand.

Yes sorry about this. We have a massive issue right now as we had a large email out go to quite a long list regarding the Core 360 Regulators. As soon as this email went out we had about 1500 people trying to compete for the shipment of these and they have now sold out in a relatively short amount of time.

One of the issues with this type of thing is that it puts a large load on the server then normally customers are rapidly hitting F5 to refresh the page so when they come available then can purchase as many as they can and with 1500 customers rapidly pressing F5 it just seems to slow the site down quite a lot. I think you will notice it should be better in the next two days.
It’s not isolated to today, when I was trying to unsuccessfully buy that regulator as a gift. Your website is always slow, for all of the money you spend on tooling and promotion it is always frustrating trying to actually browse or order anything.

It’s not isolated to today, when I was trying to unsuccessfully buy that regulator as a gift. Your website is always slow, for all of the money you spend on tooling and promotion it is always frustrating trying to actually browse or order anything.
Can confirm always slow on iOS browser (chrome), especially using the search function. Always takes ~20-30 seconds to load a page which is painfully slow when bouncing page to page

What form of payment were you using? If you us the standard Visa or Mastercard or Bank Deposit no payment fee exists. All other forms of payment type have a fee associated.

We simply cannot make the Core 360 units fast enough. We are getting large orders from Europe, America and other countries so we are spreading the stock thinly across many customers at the moment. Sorry about this. As we expand our manufacturing capabilities we will able ot eventually make supply = demand.
If you read my post it said it was applied BEFORE I chose a payment method, and just to confirm, your website is a sad joke, has been for over twelve months. For a company that has worked so hard to do what you've done, it's hard to fathom why you choose this debacle as the major interface between company and customer.

Yes I would tend to agree with you guys. We really need to focus more on improving site speed. I will talk to our web designers about this and get this prioritised. Yes I often find the google searching our page is faster than using our own internal search function.

Just a suggestion for the Fermzilla setup:
I've been finding it extremely hard to get the bottom collection canister off my unit. I'm putting that much force on it I'm scared either the strap wrench or the canister is going to break . The canister actually flexes in and I know it's not the most flexible plastic. Yes I lube the thread and o-ring each time. I might try a different product next time.
My suggestion is to put some ribs on the collection canister like the ones that are on the lid. This will give the strap wrench more to grab hold of and it wil also add strength to the canister.
This is my only issue I've come across in the 10 brews I've done so far.

The bar fridges are often not a suitable size for fitting in a range of different fermenters which is the only problem. If you are starting off with the 140L bar fridge you probably will not be able to do double batches as no fermenter large enough to do 50L would fit into a bar fridge that small.

OP didn't specify what kind of fermenter so hard to recommend specific models. Assuming 50L you're referring to being able to fit a 50L kegmenter? Also no mention of double batches in OP.

@reddog As for what I've used in the past, I had a kelvinator 140L impression series (M140D-R) and could fit a standard 30L plastic fermenter (without any mods). Shelves removed from the door and weren't moulded, freezer was in the corner and fermenter was short enough to fit.

Other bar fridge was a westinghouse 140L (RA141S-R) which I bent the cooling plate down 90 degrees. I wanted to ferment under pressure and also ended up hacking the insulation off the door and could squeeze two 19L cornies and a 2x 5L demijon (or half kegs e.g. 9.5L) on the hump, so I could do two batches (split between four vessels - not ideal but it suited as a proof of concept).

I also saw recently someone converted a small bar fridge to a 2x kegerator without removing anything (no freezer section - model WRM1400WD) - PXL-20210623-055454627

There are also commercial versions that go through catering auctions at times, such as frigidaire, anvil, FED and other brands which often don't have the freezer compartment, and a smaller hump recessed further back (Fed Bar Fridge Auction (0080-7028808) | Grays Australia). The FED fridge in the link is almost identical to the kegerators you can buy.

Alternatively if you can find a taller bar fridge it could work, something like this (990mm tall).

1626829686923.png

So it comes back to how long you want to wait, how much space you have, how much you have to spend and what you want to ferment in. You can find plenty of options that work, but how well they work or how flexible they are will vary, so it's really down to your own needs and preference. If you have the $ for 2x kegerators and that's an easy option and solves the problem, perfect. Also depends when you say conditioning, if you're talking about moving it to a keg first - so your size requirements may be less.

I went for a taller upright fridge to fit an all rounder or a conical or similar to have the extra headspace in the fridge.

Attachments

• barfridgedoor.jpg
    barfridgedoor.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 9
  • barfridgekeg.jpg
    barfridgekeg.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 10
  • barfridgeplate.jpg
    barfridgeplate.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 10
  • kelvinator1.jpg
    kelvinator1.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 10
  • kelvinator2.jpg
    kelvinator2.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Just a suggestion for the Fermzilla setup:
I've been finding it extremely hard to get the bottom collection canister off my unit. I'm putting that much force on it I'm scared either the strap wrench or the canister is going to break . The canister actually flexes in and I know it's not the most flexible plastic. Yes I lube the thread and o-ring each time. I might try a different product next time.
My suggestion is to put some ribs on the collection canister like the ones that are on the lid. This will give the strap wrench more to grab hold of and it wil also add strength to the canister.
This is my only issue I've come across in the 10 brews I've done so far.

I put some skateboard grip tape on mine and this makes it easier for the strap wrench to have something to hold on too, because if there is any liquid at all that wrench does not grip at all!

But yes, some redesign should be considered I think

Hi @KegLand-com-au your website is still awfully slow and the search is rubbish. Are you investing in fixing this?

Any old website analyser will give simple advice on how to improve the performance e.g. Pingdom Tools
I have to agree with the comment. It's very frustrating and I often go looking for products elsewhere when it's running so slow

Well just missed out again on a Series x plus. At least this time i got it in the cart then the site paused and 'boom' all sold, again... time to look at a new keezer

OP didn't specify what kind of fermenter so hard to recommend specific models. Assuming 50L you're referring to being able to fit a 50L kegmenter? Also no mention of double batches in OP.

@reddog As for what I've used in the past, I had a kelvinator 140L impression series (M140D-R) and could fit a standard 30L plastic fermenter (without any mods). Shelves removed from the door and weren't moulded, freezer was in the corner and fermenter was short enough to fit.

Other bar fridge was a westinghouse 140L (RA141S-R) which I bent the cooling plate down 90 degrees. I wanted to ferment under pressure and also ended up hacking the insulation off the door and could squeeze two 19L cornies and a 2x 5L demijon (or half kegs e.g. 9.5L) on the hump, so I could do two batches (split between four vessels - not ideal but it suited as a proof of concept).

I also saw recently someone converted a small bar fridge to a 2x kegerator without removing anything (no freezer section - model WRM1400WD) - PXL-20210623-055454627

There are also commercial versions that go through catering auctions at times, such as frigidaire, anvil, FED and other brands which often don't have the freezer compartment, and a smaller hump recessed further back (Fed Bar Fridge Auction (0080-7028808) | Grays Australia). The FED fridge in the link is almost identical to the kegerators you can buy.

Alternatively if you can find a taller bar fridge it could work, something like this (990mm tall).

View attachment 120824

So it comes back to how long you want to wait, how much space you have, how much you have to spend and what you want to ferment in. You can find plenty of options that work, but how well they work or how flexible they are will vary, so it's really down to your own needs and preference. If you have the $ for 2x kegerators and that's an easy option and solves the problem, perfect. Also depends when you say conditioning, if you're talking about moving it to a keg first - so your size requirements may be less.

I went for a taller upright fridge to fit an all rounder or a conical or similar to have the extra headspace in the fridge.
Thanks for the reply the fermenters that I'm currently using ar the 30l all rounders but that will probably change in the future as new equipment becomes available.
I want to go with new units so i can get them to match and i need to be able to stack them. I checked my local Retravision they had several bar fridges but non that filled my requirements. So I will probably go with the Kegland option when I can figure out how to get two of them to the Pilbara.
Keglands shipping option ridiculous.

Back