Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope this is the right thread, sorry, I'm a noobie.

Inline Regulator HELP PLEASE!

I have Kegland's duotight Inline regulator (KL15035)setup running my two keg setup. With the idea of forced carbonating one keg when I need too and the other is set to serving pressure (7psi).
My issue is when I try and pump up the pressure for force-carbing (say 30psi), the serving regulator jumps up! And I can't seem to dial it down. It's as if the pressure equalises between the kegs
Am I missing something? Or is my regulator broken?

Also a related question... Sounds stupid, but I can't figure when the regulator is closed?
When the dial is at it's 'highest' and twists all the way out? Or when the dial is turned all the way down?

Thanks in advance.

Agreed had the same issue of which way to control the inline instructions non existent.

Can't see your video.
But make sure the inline is setup to have gas flowing from cylinder to keg with the arrow on side of the reg.
To increase the pressure setting of the inline reg turn clockwise ( same as for your cylinder reg).
If the inline regulator is downstream of the cylinder regulator ( it has to be ) and the right way round spur the line before this to the force carbing keg and the cylinder reg is your force carbing pressure.
The inline going to your serving keg you dial to your serving pressure.

Last edited:
Agreed had the same issue of which way to control the inline instructions non existent.

Can't see your video.
But make sure the inline is setup to have gas flowing from cylinder to keg with the arrow.
To increase the pressure setting of the inline reg turn clockwise ( same as for your cylinder reg).
If the inline regulator is downstream of the cylinder regulator ( it has to be ) and the right way round spur the line before this to the force carbing keg and the cylinder reg is your force carbing pressure.
The inline going to your serving keg you dial to your serving pressure.
Thanks for the reply! Here's the video of my setup. I think I have it as you suggested.

Attachments

• Regs_1.mp4
    38.7 MB
I hope this is the right thread, sorry, I'm a noobie.

Inline Regulator HELP PLEASE!

I have Kegland's duotight Inline regulator (KL15035)setup running my two keg setup. With the idea of forced carbonating one keg when I need too and the other is set to serving pressure (7psi).
My issue is when I try and pump up the pressure for force-carbing (say 30psi), the serving regulator jumps up! And I can't seem to dial it down. It's as if the pressure equalises between the kegs
Am I missing something? Or is my regulator broken?

Also a related question... Sounds stupid, but I can't figure when the regulator is closed?
When the dial is at it's 'highest' and twists all the way out? Or when the dial is turned all the way down?

Thanks in advance.

Is there any chance you can email us a video. This would make it much easier to determine the issue. If the video shows the whole setup that would be good. I am sure we can work it out but we don't quite have enough information. With regulators when you remove the adjustment knob from the regulator this is closed (ie. the no gas will pass through the regulator from the high side to the low side however it's possible at this position for gas to go in the reverse direction still unless syou have a check valve in place)

@KegLand-com-au - regarding the use of your Core 360 Regulator. I have connected this with your 74g c02 cartridges, which works great right until it's time to disconnect the cartridge. Can you please tell me how to properly disconnect the cartridge? It's impossible to simply turn the thumbscrew anti-clockwise to release the pin and if I unscrew the cartridge with the thumbscrew pin still engaged I lose the entire contents of the bulb. What am I doing wrong here?

With any of the disposable bulbs such as the 74gram or 16gram CO2 bulbs you cannot disconnect these once they are punctured an no spring loaded pin is inside this bulb. Once they are punctured you cannot re-seal them. These have no valve which is why they are so cheap and disposable. If you really want to be able to disconnect and reconnect a cylinder to the CORE 360 regulator then I would recommend you use one of our reusable cylinders like this sodastream type one.

Is there any chance you can email us a video. This would make it much easier to determine the issue. If the video shows the whole setup that would be good. I am sure we can work it out but we don't quite have enough information. With regulators when you remove the adjustment knob from the regulator this is closed (ie. the no gas will pass through the regulator from the high side to the low side however it's possible at this position for gas to go in the reverse direction still unless syou have a check valve in place)
Thanks for the reply! I'll email you the video now.
My setup

I am thinking of getting two Series X Kegerator base models just to use as fermenter chambers. Do you think it would be ok to stack one on top of the other?
Currently using a very large chest freezer that takes up to much space in my laundry.

I am thinking of getting two Series X Kegerator base models just to use as fermenter chambers. Do you think it would be ok to stack one on top of the other?
Currently using a very large chest freezer that takes up to much space in my laundry.
Why don't you go with a purpose built ferment fridge. It will be much more energy efficient with 1 single compressor operating and has the added feature of wifi if you want to use it.

https://www.kegland.com.au/rapt-temperature-controlled-fermentation-chamber-fridge.html

I want to have one brew conditioning while the next one is fermenting
Fair enough mate, I have a series x using as kegerator, works well. I saw reviews of them being "noisy". Not at all from my experience. Good luck, the ministress of finance would not allow me to buy equipment like that for fermentation, im jealous.

Fair enough mate, I have a series x using as kegerator, works well. I saw reviews of them being "noisy". Not at all from my experience. Good luck, the ministress of finance would not allow me to buy equipment like that for fermentation, im jealous.
I think the wife would be happy just to get the space back in the laundry

I'd be inclined to just go two bar fridges (depending on what fermenter you want to use obviously check size/specs). Cheap as chips, grab a couple inkbirds and you're away. Probably about $600 cheaper than 2x series x...

I'd be inclined to just go two bar fridges (depending on what fermenter you want to use obviously check size/specs). Cheap as chips, grab a couple inkbirds and you're away. Probably about $600 cheaper than 2x series x...
I had thought of that but all the bar fringes i have looked at have a freezer compartment in them taking up space for the fermenter it is still an option though.
Thanks for the reply I will keep looking.

I had a kelvinator then a Westinghouse, both 140L bar fridges. The kelvinator had the freezer bit to one side like a rounded square opening, could fit a 30L plastic fermenter no problem. Westinghouse I ended up bending down the cooling plate and could squeeze two kegs in (with some modification to the door too).

Westinghouse also do a bar fridge with no freezer, some commercial / catering style ones also have no freezer and a smaller hump further back too.

Tl;dr there are options suitable but depends how much time you want to spend looking and test fitting.

Maybe finding a slightly taller bar fridge for fermenting and a regular (140L) for conditioning in a keg 🤷‍♂️

wo bar fridges (depending on what fermenter you want to use obviously check size/specs). Cheap as chips, grab a couple inkbirds and you're away. Probably abo
[/QUOTE

The bar fridges are often not a suitable size for fitting in a range of different fermenters which is the only problem. If you are starting off with the 140L bar fridge you probably will not be able to do double batches as no fermenter large enough to do 50L would fit into a bar fridge that small.

This has probably already been asked but does the nukatap push in counter pressure filler fit in the older intertap nozzle? Is it the same nozzle as the nukatap?
Any answer on this? Also when are new stock of oxygen cylinders expected?

Latest posts

Back