Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noticed you have camlock fittings in stock, looking forward to you getting a full range of stainless fittings (don't forget to source the parts KK doesn't stock)

What gives with the kegmenters?
Back in stock notification at midnight sold out by morning? There goes my birthday present.
Why can’t we just preorder them?

Q1: Any idea when "Mini Keg - Ball Lock Tapping Head (with Silicone Dip Tube)" (KL06972) will be back in stock?

Q2: You seem to recommend non-flow control taps, yet your mini-keg "package" is listed with FC taps. ( https://www.kegland.com.au/4l-mini-keg-portable-system.html) What's the recommendation for a tap-on-keg? FC or non-FC?

Cheers!
(A happy customer)

If you're attaching a tap directly to a mini keg for a portable setup with a mfl adapter, then use a flow control tap. If it's in a fridge setup, then balance the system with a length of beerline. Search for calculator as to what length you need 1.5m of 4mm id line is about right for most systems.

Hi @KegLand-com-au What do i do if someone at Auspost has sticky fingers???

Ordered a corny keg and carbonation lid last week and so far its been sitting at the Adelaide depot all week even though i had an sms from them on sunday night saying it would be delivered monday. Useless tits at Auspost say they can't do anything over the phone and i have to fill out a missing items form which could take up to a week to resolve.

Hi @KegLand-com-au What do i do if someone at Auspost has sticky fingers???

Ordered a corny keg and carbonation lid last week and so far its been sitting at the Adelaide depot all week even though i had an sms from them on sunday night saying it would be delivered monday. Useless tits at Auspost say they can't do anything over the phone and i have to fill out a missing items form which could take up to a week to resolve.
If only they resolved all missing mail. I have lodged a few complaints over the years. On one occasion, I eventually received a message that there was an employee identified as stealing mail items, and I had been identified as being affected. No further feedback or recovery took place.

........... do I get wholesale prices??

Please....??
I need (note not want) burners and mini kegs and other good stuff :drinkingbeer:

I spoke with Oliver and Khee Friday, really easy to talk to, but apparently, cause I am not actually them, I don't actually deserve the discount.

Can't blame a guy for tryin!!:rolleyes:

They did give me a good run down on soon to be released gear, the next 12 months is going to be Fab for HBers hardware.

Better keep savin those pennies.

I spoke with Oliver and Khee Friday, really easy to talk to, but apparently, cause I am not actually them, I don't actually deserve the discount.

Can't blame a guy for tryin!!:rolleyes:

They did give me a good run down on soon to be released gear, the next 12 months is going to be Fab for HBers hardware.

Better keep savin those pennies.

Sure is

Regarding the refill of CO2 pressure cylinders:
At least here on the Gold Coast in Qld, I have two LHB shops that are happy to refill any "bottle" that looks in good condition. If this is routine in Qld, I feel sure it is elsewhere.
The LHB shops buy a commercial/industrial cylinder from one of the gas suppliers & dispense to smaller customer cylinders. It's true that they can't generally achieve a complete fill but who cares, it works & you pay on the weight increase. (Can't remember the actual cost to the end customer per Kg of CO2 gas.)
Many locals happen to have cylinders owned by one or other of the gas supply companies. Rent should be paid on these but for one reason or another it rarely is. If such a cylinder was presented for refill it's likely it would be "confiscated", if not due to an ownership claim, perhaps an overdue pressure certification.
I suspect almost all home brewers know this but newcomers may not

Regarding the refill of CO2 pressure cylinders:
At least here on the Gold Coast in Qld, I have two LHB shops that are happy to refill any "bottle" that looks in good condition. If this is routine in Qld, I feel sure it is elsewhere.
The LHB shops buy a commercial/industrial cylinder from one of the gas suppliers & dispense to smaller customer cylinders. It's true that they can't generally achieve a complete fill but who cares, it works & you pay on the weight increase. (Can't remember the actual cost to the end customer per Kg of CO2 gas.)
Many locals happen to have cylinders owned by one or other of the gas supply companies. Rent should be paid on these but for one reason or another it rarely is. If such a cylinder was presented for refill it's likely it would be "confiscated", if not due to an ownership claim, perhaps an overdue pressure certification.
I suspect almost all home brewers know this but newcomers may not
There are rules about this and they need to be followed. All else is bullshit.

Hi, just wondering when you are planning to start this?

within the next couple of months. I think bulk sacks of grain will be one of the first things to go up.

Then we are also working on some new recipe building software at the moment.

Q1: Any idea when "Mini Keg - Ball Lock Tapping Head (with Silicone Dip Tube)" (KL06972) will be back in stock?

Q2: You seem to recommend non-flow control taps, yet your mini-keg "package" is listed with FC taps. ( https://www.kegland.com.au/4l-mini-keg-portable-system.html) What's the recommendation for a tap-on-keg? FC or non-FC?

Cheers!
(A happy customer)

Yes that is correct. We prefer the standard SS taps. The only issue is that with the mini kegs if you attach the tap directly to the keg you need to introduce some flow resistance somehow and this is the only product that we have that will satisfy this objective.

With that said we have some new flow control ball lock disonnects that we are also working on so hopefully these will also give us another optoin that we can offer.

Noticed you have camlock fittings in stock, looking forward to you getting a full range of stainless fittings (don't forget to source the parts KK doesn't stock)

If you dont mind me asking what parts in particular are you after?

What gives with the kegmenters?
Back in stock notification at midnight sold out by morning? There goes my birthday present.
Why can’t we just preorder them?

Sorry about that. We have just moved into a new 1900 square meter warehouse and we have much more space in the new warehouse so we have started to order much more stock as a result. This will in turn mean that we are not selling out of stock so frequently in future. I know the past 6 months we have been selling out of stock a lot but this problem will be signifiantly improved with this new warehouse location.

Pre-orders, a Wishlist and a New-In would be welcomed features - the site is a little tricky to navigate and there's lots of stuff tucked away under menus..

Thanks for that. I think we do still have to make further website updates as we would agree it's a bit hard to find some of the stuff sometimes.

Latest posts

Back