Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi @KegLand-com-au What do i do if someone at Auspost has sticky fingers???

Ordered a corny keg and carbonation lid last week and so far its been sitting at the Adelaide depot all week even though i had an sms from them on sunday night saying it would be delivered monday. Useless tits at Auspost say they can't do anything over the phone and i have to fill out a missing items form which could take up to a week to resolve.

It is very unusual for cartons just to get stolen or completely go missing. Normally it's just fallen off a conveyor belt or something and it's sitting on the floor of a warehouse or something the it gets found and starts scanning again. With that said our policy is that if a carton doesnt scan for 10 business days then you need to notify us and we will process the claim for you and you will either get re-sent goods or alternatively get a full refund.

check out cheekypeak. Limited range but the main ones

Yes we have no plans to bring in this yeast in the near future so they might be the best option if you want this yeast specifically.

If you dont mind me asking what parts in particular are you after?

Ball locks (single/2 piece & 3 piece), tri clamp parts, pipe size/thread adaptors, NPT & BSP parts (so we can use those bits and pieces from the USA), oh, and MFL/FFL parts so we can easily get gas and beer line attached to other stainless parts.

Yes that is correct. We prefer the standard SS taps. The only issue is that with the mini kegs if you attach the tap directly to the keg you need to introduce some flow resistance somehow and this is the only product that we have that will satisfy this objective.

With that said we have some new flow control ball lock disonnects that we are also working on so hopefully these will also give us another optoin that we can offer.

One only needs 1.5m of 4mm hose.... not a big deal even in a portable system. FC is for chumps that dont want to do the math (even though its been done to death by the HB community)

Ball locks (single/2 piece & 3 piece), tri clamp parts, pipe size/thread adaptors, NPT & BSP parts (so we can use those bits and pieces from the USA), oh, and MFL/FFL parts so we can easily get gas and beer line attached to other stainless parts.

Definitely conventional ball valves are coming in but the 3 piece ball valves might not come in unfortunately. Our believe is that if you really need a sanitary valve then 3 piece is only half way there. You really need to go with a butterfly valve to do the job property so we will stock the 1/5inch tri-clover butterfly valves for instance for customers that want sanitary fittings.

Yes the MFL/FFL parts are definitely stuff that we will get in stock too.

With the manifolds, can the hose tails be unscrewed to allow the SS 1/4" nipple to be screwed in to use push lock fittings?

With the manifolds, can the hose tails be unscrewed to allow the SS 1/4" nipple to be screwed in to use push lock fittings?
You would need to remove the entire 1/4" Ball Valve and install a 1/4" Gas Ball Lock Bulkhead.

Yes that is correct. You can unscrew the 1/4inch ball valve and fit in any of the push lock fittings.

Do you mean the Duotight push in fittings? We do not currently have a Duotight push in fitting however we do have some new 1/4inch Duotight fittings available in about 3 weeks that will look similar to this however will have male 1/4inch thread on them so you can use them with the manifold:
https://www.kegland.com.au/duotight-8mm-x-ffl-to-fit-mfl-disconnects-7-16-20unf-1-4-sae.html

When will 1.5" TC butterfly valves be available? Cheers!

These will be coming in but they are more than 6 weeks away. Most of the tri-clover stuff is still a bit of a wait unfortunately but it's definitely coming into stock eventually.

You would need to remove the entire 1/4" Ball Valve and install a 1/4" Gas Ball Lock Bulkhead.

Yes that is correct. You can unscrew the 1/4inch ball valve and fit in any of the push lock fittings.

Do you mean the Duotight push in fittings? We do not currently have a Duotight push in fitting however we do have some new 1/4inch Duotight fittings available in about 3 weeks that will look similar to this however will have male 1/4inch thread on them so you can use them with the manifold:
https://www.kegland.com.au/duotight-8mm-x-ffl-to-fit-mfl-disconnects-7-16-20unf-1-4-sae.html
Ok thank you, I was planning on using your 4mm ID hose and the push in 8mm x FFL and 5/8 fittings that you do have in stock (not the duolock, these ones are the metal ones), I have just updated my cart to include your 5mm ID hose and clamps, to enable me to use the existing ball valves and tails. I figured the 5mm ID hose would be easier to fit to the 6mm barbs than mucking around with 4mm ID on those, and I will just keep the 4mm ID hose to run to my taps.

Ok thank you, I was planning on using your 4mm ID hose and the push in 8mm x FFL and 5/8 fittings that you do have in stock (not the duolock, these ones are the metal ones), I have just updated my cart to include your 5mm ID hose and clamps, to enable me to use the existing ball valves and tails. I figured the 5mm ID hose would be easier to fit to the 6mm barbs than mucking around with 4mm ID on those, and I will just keep the 4mm ID hose to run to my taps.

If you are talking about these metal ones here:
https://www.kegland.com.au/push-in-8mm-x-5-8-bsp-suit-keg-coupler-tap-shank.html

These are not as good as the duotight ones. I would highly recommend waiting for the duotight push in fittings as they are simply a much better fitting.

So if you can wait for these they are a much better option:
https://www.kegland.com.au/duotight-8mm-push-in-to-5-8-to-suit-keg-couplers-and-tap-shanks.html

If you are talking about these metal ones here:
https://www.kegland.com.au/push-in-8mm-x-5-8-bsp-suit-keg-coupler-tap-shank.html

These are not as good as the duotight ones. I would highly recommend waiting for the duotight push in fittings as they are simply a much better fitting.

So if you can wait for these they are a much better option:
https://www.kegland.com.au/duotight-8mm-push-in-to-5-8-to-suit-keg-couplers-and-tap-shanks.html
Cheers, I will still get the old ones in the mean time, and order some of the duotight ones when they are in stock, unfortunately I have a commitment to get it all set up before the end of the month.

These will be coming in but they are more than 6 weeks away. Most of the tri-clover stuff is still a bit of a wait unfortunately but it's definitely coming into stock eventually.
You keep saying that ball valves are unsanitary, and that butterfly valves are the go. Any chance of you guys stocking some 1/2" stainless steel food grade butterfly valves for us mere mortals who don't need 1.5" tri-clovers?

We will start releasing more information about the new fermenting fridge at the end of November. We are still making some changes to the design at the moment. Sorry I can't give too much away regarding this one.
Not expecting much info, but can you confirm/deny that the new Fermentasauruseseses will fit in the upcoming ferment fridge? Small or large model?

You keep saying that ball valves are unsanitary, and that butterfly valves are the go. Any chance of you guys stocking some 1/2" stainless steel food grade butterfly valves for us mere mortals who don't need 1.5" tri-clovers?

Yes that is correct. Ball valves really are not sanitary. You can get away with them if you are using them pre-boil in brewing. Some customers say that that the three piece ball valves are the way to go because they are easier to disassemble and clean but I dont really believe this as very few people actually take apart the three piece ball valves to clean them. Can i please have a show of hands who owns 3 piece ball valves on their brewery and take them apart for cleaning after every brew day?

Not expecting much info, but can you confirm/deny that the new Fermentasauruseseses will fit in the upcoming ferment fridge? Small or large model?
Yes absolutely. We are designing the Fermentasaurus 27L and 50L so that it fits into the Fermenting fridge that we are also working on.

Hi @Kegland, any good sales planned for today, it being International Beer Day and all? :D

Ie. That 3 tap kegerator i've been trying to convince the missus to let me buy haha

Hi Kee just wondering if you guys have thought about releasing a brew randal/ hop rocket?

It's not something that we have looked at recently as we have quite a lot of other projects on the go that are of a higher priority at the moment.

Hi @Kegland, any good sales planned for today, it being International Beer Day and all? :D

Ie. That 3 tap kegerator i've been trying to convince the missus to let me buy haha

If you want to get the notified of sales and discount codes you should join our Facebook group here:
https://www.facebook.com/kegland.com.au/

We have no discount codes right now but if you are part of the Facebook group you will get these updates.

Latest posts

Back