Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually the wife has JUST messaged me to tell me they're here (the package said "Plastic Massager"...)
I'll take some pics when I get home

@KegLand-com-au any plans on making something similar to these in the duotight range? A push fit fitting instead of a barb would be brilliant. Hard to find in australia and for some reason ridiculously expensive for what it is.
beer-gas-tubing-quick-disconnect-in-line-w-shut-off-set-vermont-homebrew-supply-3647526010953_2048x2048.jpg

It's funny you mention this. We have been looking at these fittings recently. Did you want to use it for beer, gas or other liquid like glycol?

The main reason I ask is because we have been considering if dual line shutoff or single line shut off is necessary.

With dual line shutoff you get a bit more flow resistance.

Also we were only looking at the 3/8th inch size and this size. What size were you interested in?

Last edited:
Nice idea with the free RO water :) Can't say I'd order more frequently just for it, but I'd certainly fill a keg worth when visiting.

@KegLand-com-au ever throught about doing Cornelius keg posts (liquid primarily) with barbs like the carb caps / fermzilla ones. Would make floating dip tubes better and be less likely to get clogged (as opposed to inside a gas / shortened dip tube).

It would be possible to do that. We will do some experimentation with this and have to get back to you to see if it works well enough.

Ideally it's best not to put hops and other solids in the keg and keep all the dry hopping and these types of solids in the fermenter only. Then once you are happy with the finished carbonated and clarified beer then transfer to keg.

It's funny you mention this. We have been looking at these fittings recently. Did you want to use it for beer, gas or other liquid like glycol?

The main reason I ask is because we have been considering if dual line shutoff or single line shut off is necessary.

Also we were only looking at the 3/8th inch size and this size. What size were you interested in?
I would prefer dual line shut-off. I could use a 10 pack of each and sort out my keezer and jockey box...

I probably only really need it for gas so dual shut off would be good. Having said that they would come in handy for beer lines as well.

I would just need them to suit your 5x8mm eva beer/gas line. What would the lead time on these be?

Cheers!

Actually the wife has JUST messaged me to tell me they're here (the package said "Plastic Massager"...)
I'll take some pics when I get home
Nice one spork. How are the plastic massagers? Good quality?

Nice one spork. How are the plastic massagers? Good quality?
So funny story...
I had ordered JUST the 4 sets of disconnects, but because they didn't list them individually on Aliexpress I had to order something else from the store and their person who runs the store would adjust the price and advise the packing people to just send me the disconnects.
Nope, I got the disconnects AND some other weird shit...

Last edited:
So funny story...
I had ordered JUST the 4 sets of disconnects, but because they didn't list them individually on Aliexpress I had to order something else from the store and their person who runs the store would adjust the price and advise the packing people to just send me the disconnects.
Nope, I got the disconnects AND some other weird shit...

Forget the disconnects, post a photo of the weird shit hahaha

I was looking at the 3/8" size for the glycol coil. They'd be great for preventing spills when disconnecting the coil.

@KegLand-com-au actually it would be great if there was also a version with a ffl thread. Would be good for my tri clover carb stone, but I'm sure there would be heaps of other uses

@KegLand-com-au actually it would be great if there was also a version with a ffl thread. Would be good for my tri clover carb stone, but I'm sure there would be heaps of other uses

No worries. This is not something available at the moment but we will look at making new tooling for this. We will do a business case on this and see if it's something we can make worthwhile doing.

I probably only really need it for gas so dual shut off would be good. Having said that they would come in handy for beer lines as well.

I would just need them to suit your 5x8mm eva beer/gas line. What would the lead time on these be?

Cheers!

We only just received samples last week. So have not done much testing yet. We have to do chemical resistance testing and testing on the physical strength of the fittings. The chemical resistance testing takes about 4 weeks. If they pass we will then start looking at which fittings to stock and which ones to make.

Has anybody had issues with the Kegland Sodastream bottles of late? I purchased two in August and filled them both up with no issues a few weeks after. About an hour after filling one of them and with nobody near it the bottle just exploded (not physically and thereby sending bits of bottle everywhere) but suddenly blowing and all of the gas venting from the small nut on the side. It made an almighty racket whilst it was escaping and I plus everyone else in the room pooped their pants whilst it was doing so.

Then the other day I took the second bottle I purchased out of the SS unit as it wasn't working and I thought maybe it had been used and was empty and a few minutes later this one did the same.

I have only just contacted KegKing as I have been overseas for 3 weeks so am waiting to see the response but thought I would ask if anyone else has experienced something similar. I am somewhat reluctant to refill at this moment in time in case there is a manufacturing issue.

Cheers

Back