KegKing now at keg-king.com.au

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So anyone could go and register Keg King as a propriety limited company and sell it back to them.:)
Not necessarily. Company names and registered business names are now all administered by ASIC. If the business name is registered with them you won't be able to get that as a company name. For uniqueness they're nearly equivalent.

plus trade mark infringement and shit
since when did keg king care about trademarks and copyrights. when blickmann was over they were blatantly selling copies of his gear with no cares about copyright.

I wonder what's going to happen to intertap? Are they a separate company and made in the states or China and sold exclusively by KK?

Probably just coincidence, but iKegger isn't selling their flow control Intertaps except when part of a keg package. Asked them about it, they said there's a problem in the supply chain.

The silence is deafening - no announcements, and yeah it looks like they have stock issues too - even for the basic stuff.
Hope they get back on track quickly.

I was at kegking today, staff were there, I picked up lots of things , but stock levels were low on
some things. I don't believe they're going out of business but I think the management at the
moment have some issues.

I was at kegking today, staff were there, I picked up lots of things , but stock levels were low on
some things. I don't believe they're going out of business but I think the management at the
moment have some issues.

The management have always had some issues.....

That would be strange, as they have just finished renovating their store

I think they will get the wagons to form a circle and regroup after Christmas.
I was in there end of last week and there were a couple of suits with briefcases, didn't look like ATO personnel, they looked quite happy.

Seems weird doing this just before Xmas, this should be their best sales period?
I'm guessing none of it was planned. The fact that the old website doesn't redirect to the new web-site suggests that they don't have access/passwords for the old domain.

reading through this thread, I have come to this conclusion:

Kee got booted
Kee owns the domain, or atleast has all the passwords
Kee kicked back....

Is that because of stock issues or don’t want to pay before goods received?

If they can't fill an order, they ignore it. You never know whether anyone has even read emails. Some of their gear is good for certain applications, but it is just too hard work placing, and then getting them to fill orders.

The paying up front bit is ok, as the volume I trade with them is far less than for example Bracton or Lancer. I only used KK in the past for special projects. (Usually ones that required 19 or 9.5Lt. kegs.)

Kee got booted
Kee owns the domain, or atleast has all the passwords
Kee kicked back....

+ 1.

I was in yesterday and this was confirmed.

Additionally only 4 of the original 15+ staff remain post Kee leaving.

They are heavily down on stock, even basic stuff like no rinse sanatiser, gas regulators etc - the shop is looking bare in comparison to normal.

When quizzed if stock levels will return to normal I was told they had no idea and no eta.

Was in the Taree LHBS. Guy says Kee sacked. Actual owner Maggie restructuring business.
Up for hundreds of K for trademark violation (Germany).
He can't get stock himself.

Latest posts

Back