KegKing now at keg-king.com.au

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtb

Beer Bod
Reaction score
Received an email from keg-king.com.au advising that their domain name has changed. Surely enough, kegking.com.au no longer reaches their website.

The fact that a redirect from kegking.com.au to their new URL doesn't exist tells me they probably forgot to renew their domain name and someone else grabbed it.. I can't see any reason for them to elect to change it on their own. Chucking in a hyphen just confuses people.

ed: A WHOIS lookup of kegking.com.au has the domain name registered to ACN 159930382, but ABN Lookup has no record of that ACN. keg-king.com.au is registered to a new ACN, 065572009. Funny goings on perhaps, interesting nonetheless.

Received an email from keg-king.com.au advising that their domain name has changed. Surely enough, kegking.com.au no longer reaches their website.

The fact that a redirect from kegking.com.au to their new URL doesn't exist tells me they probably forgot to renew their domain name and someone else grabbed it.. I can't see any reason for them to elect to change it on their own. Chucking in a hyphen just confuses people.

ed: A WHOIS lookup of kegking.com.au has the domain name registered to ACN 159930382, but ABN Lookup has no record of that ACN. keg-king.com.au is registered to a new ACN, 065572009. Funny goings on perhaps, interesting nonetheless.

Yeah I saw that, seems like a f*(k up.

Surely as an interim measure though, they'd chuck in a redirect on the old domain to the new one? There is undoubtedly a loss of revenue as a result of the old URL not resolving to anything - not everyone checks their emails like I do (especially not the "Other" folder, which is where Outlook put their email for me)

I was wondering what's wrong a few days ago.
They lost a sale from me, had to go elsewhere with my order.

Domain isn't owned by MCH Australia.

Looks like Kee has control of the domain via a separate entity:
Name: TEAM KK PTY LTD
ACN: 159 930 382
Something has happened behind the scenes and Kee hasnt/didn't/couldn't hand it over.

It certainly looks intentional. Not a glitch.

Last edited:
I've been in and out of KK pretty regularly, when I asked "what's goin on with the no more discounts for cash situation?"
Gru replied with "change of management"
Same people in there today, I managed to make it in & out in under 20 mins, new PB

I've been in and out of KK pretty regularly, when I asked "what's goin on with the no more discounts for cash situation?"
Gru replied with "change of management"
Same people in there today, I managed to make it in & out in under 20 mins, new PB
ha, 20 minutes beats my PB. I like a 10% discount like anyone and asked no questions. :rolleyes: ponders but hope it sorts itself out.

They haven't updated the link on their Facebook page yet. If you click on the 'shop now' button, it takes you to the old web address.

I'm not sure if it is still the case, but there was a time when you forgot to renew a domain name, the domain would go into quarantine for a certain period of time. You'd have to jump through hoops to get it back, but that quarantine period was supposed to be there to prevent someone from snatching your domain if you stuff up. Could be another explanation...

Regardless of what their website is, I find them almost impossible to deal with.

Emailed an order to them on the 23/11. I heard nothing back, so rang yesterday. Nobody had processed it, and they couldn't find my order. I resent the order, and a chap called Daniel answered my email saying that he had found the original order but a couple of lines on it were unavailable. We arranged to delete them from the order, and I asked him to email an invoice so I could pay them. I have still not received an invoice despite them saying they had sent it. Asked them to resend after confirming they had my correct email. Still nothing...

To be honest, I reckon that operation is a 3 ring circus without animals or acrobats - only clowns.

Regardless of what their website is, I find them almost impossible to deal with.

Emailed an order to them on the 23/11. I heard nothing back, so rang yesterday. Nobody had processed it, and they couldn't find my order. I resent the order, and a chap called Daniel answered my email saying that he had found the original order but a couple of lines on it were unavailable. We arranged to delete them from the order, and I asked him to email an invoice so I could pay them. I have still not received an invoice despite them saying they had sent it. Asked them to resend after confirming they had my correct email. Still nothing...

To be honest, I reckon that operation is a 3 ring circus without animals or acrobats - only clowns.

So you didn't bother using their purpose built website? You just randomly emailed an order?

Yes, why would you expect a business with an online presence to respond to an email? What on earth were you thinking?

Bet there is no spf record for the new domain. Check spam/junk folder

Latest posts

Back