KegKing now at keg-king.com.au

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i been there many times , always got served by a skinny bloke with a eastern bloc accent, was that kee? he was always pretty helpfull but had a bit of a reserved nature about him at first.

i been there many times , always got served by a skinny bloke with a eastern bloc accent, was that kee? he was always pretty helpfull but had a bit of a reserved nature about him at first.

Kee's in the videos, you'll see him downstairs occasionally

Anyone know if this is causing the shortage of swap and go Co2 bottles in Melbourne? Struggling to get any currently, and don't want to drive across town to KK if they dont have any either.
just call them...

they had a few on saturday but the cage was emptier than normal

I think for myself and most punters the issue is familiarity, when we bought from KK in the past we knew who we were dealing with, and props to Kee, he always backed his products with replacement on the spot or refund and that includes the element debacle, which I'm pretty sure was down to manufactures cutting corners, and I'm sure out of the spec he had specified. Kee went to a great deal of effort to ensure quality control, setting up a specific facility overseas to do so, yeah sure it took a while, but that was $$$ he could otherwise have put in his own pocket. For us Aussie brewers he's tried to deliver product we would otherwise have bought our selves form overseas at a much greater mark up with exorbitant postage cost on top.

The big questions are:

Who are the new owners?
Do they have the same drive for quality and after sales service?
Are they going to put in the hard yards and still be here in years to come when issues do arise?

Do we know exactly whats taken place? NO

Are there supply issues? yes
Does this inspire confidence?

Has there been any communication from new management? NO
Does this inspire confidence?

I've done BB's with a few sponsors of this site and I'd be more that happy to do business (5-20k) with a lot that aren't sponsors. I was considering a BB with Kee early in the new year. The lack of available stock at KK and general instability within the business raise big red flags and for the time being I won't go down that path, despite some excellent products particularly, in fermenting vessels. I will do my best to discuss alternative supply through other channels but unfortunately a great deal of those source gear through a business that is now low on supply.

If by some chance Kee is returned to the helm (all those bloody lawyers and crap) the Home page need read only :
KEE is back

Whilst rumours might abound out there, we can assure you the Keg King management is firmly committed to bring our clients what they need for homebrewing and craft brewing.

With a bunch of dedicated home brewers who have come on board in recent weeks to share the load of the growth in our business, we can continue to share our love of beer, beer culture and to deliver innovative products that serve the home and craft brewing scene.

Many of you will no doubt be aware that we are currently out of stock of some stainless and and refrigerated items. Most of these will be resupplied next week. The rest will be replenished when we receive shipments in mid-January.

Our highly popular Fermentasaurus is currently being manufactured right here in Springvale. New units will be available soon. We’ll be sure to let you know when they're ready.

Some of the supply issues we are currently experiencing have been the result of China’s manufacturing restrictions in an effort to improve air quality. Many other industries are feeling the effects of the restrictions as well.

And, oh yeah, we have plenty of gas bottles for swapping and Jure in the retail shop is thrilled that you've mentioned him in the forum. He knows his stuff alright!

Business as usual guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whilst rumours might abound out there, we can assure you the Keg King management is firmly committed to bring our clients what they need for homebrewing and craft brewing.

With a bunch of dedicated home brewers who have come on board in recent weeks to share the load of the growth in our business, we can continue to share our love of beer, beer culture and to deliver innovative products that serve the home and craft brewing scene.

Many of you will no doubt be aware that we are currently out of stock of some stainless and and refrigerated items. Most of these will be resupplied next week. The rest will be replenished when we receive shipments in mid-January.

Our highly popular Fermentasaurus is currently being manufactured right here in Springvale. New units will be available soon. We’ll be sure to let you know when they're ready.

Some of the supply issues we are currently experiencing have been the result of China’s manufacturing restrictions in an effort to improve air quality. Many other industries are feeling the effects of the restrictions as well.

And, oh yeah, we have plenty of gas bottles for swapping and Jure in the retail shop is thrilled that you've mentioned him in the forum. He knows his stuff alright!

Business as usual guys.

So Kee is on board still?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have people who've bought the Keg King 9.5L kegs been happy with the quality? Thinking of buying one.

Have people who've bought the Keg King 9.5L kegs been happy with the quality? Thinking of buying one.

Might be selling mine soon if you're in MEL and interested? Quality in the stainless is nice, size, handle etc seem good. It is just not compatible with my corneilius brand disconnects :-(

This is a niche market, and KK knows this. They cannot ignore the 'Kee' brand. Their Ecommerce is average at best, so it's not a faceless entity that's elevated them to where they are. So much of their brand presence have been unwittingly tied up to the Kee brand. Kee, if he does start something will leverage that brand loyalty no doubt with ease. If Kee has access to all the YouTube material, then it would be too easy to him to piggy back off that as well.

Business as usual guys.

Dan,
I'm sure you may feel my previous post in this thread are a little one sided and that perhaps I have some affiliation with other parties, I can, and the moderators here can (if you choose to use the Personal message feature of this site{apparently not very often]) assure you of my impartiality. My only interest is the on going support and supply of quality and innovative products to myself and my fellow home brewers, many of whom on occasion participate in group/bulk buys run on this site.

Our users are also well aware of how much an issue within your business, can effect HB hardware supply across the country and I'm sure would agree your management's attempts to down play or hush "Rumours" have only served to further undermine the tenuous position the company placed itself in when in sacked the guy that owned the web site and the trade Mark ( that your currently still using by the way{which is technically stealing}) with out rhyme nor reason or perhaps Jure (and to this or any other employee I wish no malice) was truly along with the new staff additions, so much more qualified than the guy who built the business and some of it's longest serving employees.

Your issue is this: Kee could be an arsehole stealing ****, but when shit went down and changes in circumstances required (maybe) the changes that have taken placed, business management decided the biggest asset to the company should be treated like mushrooms.

Fortunately even the lowliest educated of us here know what honesty is, there are users here that move your entire annual turn over, through client accounts in a day.Others that slog their asses off 6 and 7 days a week just to keep a float, the $10 or $20 for kit they scrape together maybe the only beer they see.

KEG-KING.com.au your low stock won't sink you, or even if you don't have quality assurance warehouses in China anymore, we are home brewers, the community has an instinctual sense of right and wrong. You basically shot the Aussie JFK of home brewing, or want us to believe Skippy was just another kangaroo.
None of this happened yesterday whether you like it or not your customers deserve to be appraise of the changes that have taken place, none are imbecilic enough to believe failure to do so is accidental. The only reason to deliberately hide this is to ride the shiny coat tails of the Man the new management just plundered. I have seen entire hotel chains taken over/absorbed by other hotels/new businesses over night; smooth as butter milk (those in Perth drop by the Inglewood and say hi to Rollie for me, hell get the bloke a beer).
Cluster **** is what comes to mind!
You need the community's support.
The community needs your honesty.
To date you've lie by omission and booted a trusted member of the community.
The 12 (? correct me) HBers that are now former employees probably doesn't sit well with this crowd either.

I'll move more than $40k of equipment/product with this community in the next 6mths, not to make money but to invigorate the market, to give the guys a bulk rate on a quality product.

WHY AM I GOING TO SPEND THAT WITH YOU?

SHOOT ME DOWN!
The silence is what will kill this business, it's deafening! (If that is by court order, I can only point to the cluster **** this change over has been from the start)

Back