• We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.

Kegging

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

nala

Reaction score
I have recently started to keg my beer (2 kegs so far).
I have read quite a few kegging topics and find something of interest in all of them,however, all talk in terms of "Kpa"
and not PSI - why is this ?
Am I the only kegger with a Co2 regulator (Harris Co2 Regulator) which does not measure in Kpa ?
I know how to convert Kpa to PSI but why when the standard measuring equipment is in PSI and BAR do we need to express
a simple pressure term in anything other than what the instrument is measuring !

crd0902

Reaction score
I think I have the same regulator and I know psi. Like my old man still talks in feet and inches. Maybe that's the difference.

drsmurto

Reaction score
I have recently started to keg my beer (2 kegs so far).
I have read quite a few kegging topics and find something of interest in all of them,however, all talk in terms of "Kpa"
and not PSI - why is this ?
Am I the only kegger with a Co2 regulator (Harris Co2 Regulator) which does not measure in Kpa ?
I know how to convert Kpa to PSI but why when the standard measuring equipment is in PSI and BAR do we need to express
a simple pressure term in anything other than what the instrument is measuring !
Pa is the standard international (SI) unit for pressure. psi is not the standard.

Only those still living in the 60's and/or american still use psi, not to mention feet, inches, miles, gallons etc.

That all said my reg is in psi <_< :p

crd0902

Reaction score
Wow ok. I'm only a junior and since I've known pumping up me bike tyres and then 4x4 tyres always been psi. Learn something everyday.

Latest posts