Kegging

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nala

Reaction score
I have recently started to keg my beer (2 kegs so far).
I have read quite a few kegging topics and find something of interest in all of them,however, all talk in terms of "Kpa"
and not PSI - why is this ?
Am I the only kegger with a Co2 regulator (Harris Co2 Regulator) which does not measure in Kpa ?
I know how to convert Kpa to PSI but why when the standard measuring equipment is in PSI and BAR do we need to express
a simple pressure term in anything other than what the instrument is measuring !

I think I have the same regulator and I know psi. Like my old man still talks in feet and inches. Maybe that's the difference.

I have recently started to keg my beer (2 kegs so far).
I have read quite a few kegging topics and find something of interest in all of them,however, all talk in terms of "Kpa"
and not PSI - why is this ?
Am I the only kegger with a Co2 regulator (Harris Co2 Regulator) which does not measure in Kpa ?
I know how to convert Kpa to PSI but why when the standard measuring equipment is in PSI and BAR do we need to express
a simple pressure term in anything other than what the instrument is measuring !

Pa is the standard international (SI) unit for pressure. psi is not the standard.

Only those still living in the 60's and/or american still use psi, not to mention feet, inches, miles, gallons etc.

That all said my reg is in psi <_< :p

Wow ok. I'm only a junior and since I've known pumping up me bike tyres and then 4x4 tyres always been psi. Learn something everyday.

Back