Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all. Thought i'd add a picture of my new fridge i just finished. holds 4 kegs and the gass bottle. 3 beer kegs and a ginger beer for the wife.

Fridgebeer.jpg

Thanks

That stands out just as well as Julia Gillard at a international Ronald McDonald's convention meeting.

I was looking at that and thought it was a Q/R for the threaded keg connection fittings.

If only Ross put "1/2 15MM BSP" I would have picked that up as imperial conversion gets the better of me most of the time if I see 15MM I know it's big.

Righto, it's about time I finally was able to post pics in here, although it's not 100% complete it works and looks pretty damn nice still. :)

20101224_wiseman_0047.jpg

20101224_wiseman_0051.jpg

20101224_wiseman_0052.jpg

20101224_wiseman_0053.jpg

Big thanks goes out to feelncede who passed on his pre-loved collar, as you can see from the side shot it needed a trim and adjustment to fit on my smaller freezer but it now fits nice. Later I will sand it back and fix it up a little better but the main point was to get it ready and rockin' for the xmas eve lawn party - which went down a treat!
Most of the gear came from Ross over the last year or so (yes it has been a project in the making thats for sure!) so cheers to him as well.

Soooo nice having taps now outside the fridge! (and not plastic ones at that...)

...oh and the plastic bag inside is keeping the picnic tap from the cola keg from dripping everywhere - that will be mounted outside later.

What size/model chest freezer is that Wambesi? Lovely set up. Decals are PRO.

Am I insane or does anyone else polish their kegs? I have polished all of mine as I like the way they look. Here are some pics of before and after.

Photo0262.jpg
This is how I got the keg

Keg_after_2.jpg
This is after I have stuffed around for an hour polishing it

Keg_compare.jpg
This is a comparison of three of my kegs
on the left untouched, middle is just done today and the right was done a few months ago

Also, I decided to insulate my taps as the fridge is outside and I thought it may help with foaming issues. I think it has a a little bit.
Tap_Insulation.jpg

Yes I do sometimes have a bit too much time on my hands lol but I'd do this even if I was run off my feet as I like the look of it. :lol:

HC

What size/model chest freezer is that Wambesi? Lovely set up. Decals are PRO.

Its the 216L model, I can't get to the plate to get the actual details at the moment though.
Thanks for the comments guys, i'm much better at graphic design the handy man stuff but it seemed to turn out well!

Hi Everyone
I am from Tasmania and this is my first post here.....

My wife bought me a home brew kit for Xmas and after going through everything, bottling just sounded like too much hassle considering you need to wash and sterilise bottles then bottle your creation then store bottles for x amount of time before you can even try one. Therefore, to save all the hassle I ended up buyinjg a Keg King of which I won't bother posting as I am sure you know what they look like. However, I have taken 3 days to read through all the posts in this thread and must say there are some fantastic setups some of you have of which I envy. I am now on the huint to find a freezer that will house 6-8 kegs to see what creation I can come up with. You are all an inspiration for the "beginner" and I have so many ideas that I really wish to thank all of you for.

My house is 2 story with a basic bar down stairs. Eventually I will leave the Keg King in the kitchen upstairs and have a nice 6-8 keg freezer downstairs in the bar.

Can anybody please adise what size freezer I will need for a 6-8 keg + gas setup?... after reading posts here I assume about a 300ltr freezer should do the job.

BTW, I have the first post in this thread for 2011 woohoo, Happy New Year everyone!!!!

Am I insane or does anyone else polish their kegs? I have polished all of mine as I like the way they look. Here are some pics of before and after.

View attachment 42994
This is how I got the keg

View attachment 42995
This is after I have stuffed around for an hour polishing it

View attachment 42996
This is a comparison of three of my kegs
on the left untouched, middle is just done today and the right was done a few months ago

Also, I decided to insulate my taps as the fridge is outside and I thought it may help with foaming issues. I think it has a a little bit.
View attachment 42997

ive got a car you can polish if you want to?
Yes I do sometimes have a bit too much time on my hands lol but I'd do this even if I was run off my feet as I like the look of it. :lol:

HC

Can anybody please adise what size freezer I will need for a 6-8 keg + gas setup?... after reading posts here I assume about a 300ltr freezer should do the job.
ar everyone!!!!

Corny Kegs are around 220mm x 650mm high, so start with those measurements and go from there!

(and welcome to the forums!)

G'Day Lads,

Rex thought He'd offer AHB a big thankyou. There is, on this site an amazing amount of information that came in handy when Rex built His first keg-dispensing freezer.

At the moment Rex does all his DIY brewing at SA's Para-Hills U-Brewit. It's very local (2 streets away) which is convenient but in the future He like to try building some actual Home brewed ales.

For the meantime though, He'll share with you a few pics of His finished Freezer conversion:

It had to be a neat and compact thing. Being His first time He used a donated freezer, an old shitbox Kelvinator that had been badly repainted at some stage. Worked well but was just ugly and way too hard to re-paint with a nice finish. As He wanted it to be something that could blend in as a piece of furniture the choice was made to cover it in some fabric. Personally Rex is oven the moon with how it finished up...
IMAG0116_small.jpg

The top is reclaimed Jarrah. Actually made from the floorboards from some old cottage somewhere. Just surfaced and laquered in Cabbots matte clear urethane
IMAG0117_small.jpg

Stainless 'Lobster-back' font. Rex has His own little freelance motorsport fabrication business here in SA. So it was only right that some race-car'esque fabrication should be involved...
IMAG0089_small.jpg

Neatly holds 2 kegs with room for the 50 or so 'travel' stubbies
P1010030_small.jpg

The evergreen STC-1000 temp controller.
P1010026_small.jpg

Etched splashback fitted
P1010027_small.jpg

Finally finished and Home in place. Its worth noting the missing door architraves. Given the idea was sold to her as a n attractive piece of furniture the girlie doesn't mind that convenient beer despensing was allowed to trump renovations for a few weeks...
P1010025_small.jpg

nice rex. If you put a collar on there you could put 4 cornies and have gas outside or 3 cornies and gas inside. That is one nice unit given me inspiration but like most tradesman I have 100 job around the house none finished lol

Tell Rex Cocko loves the Jarrah Top and it looks great!

Can Cocko ask why Rex has wrapped the freezer in such a wrapping?

Cocko would love to know...

KelbyGreen,

Two kegs at any one time is plenty for Rex. Unfortunaltely the girlie doesnt do beer so generally Its just Himself and guests. Plus! and most importantly, once two kegs are down, He can try brewing something different...

Cocko,

The finish on the freezer was just plain shit. Someone had tried repainting it by hand, and failed. There's no way Rex was going to be able to get a painted finish He was happy to have on display. Rex also wanted to avoid having it look like a slab of white (or any other colour) in the corner of the room.

The material choice wasn't so hard; The black and silver/grey work with the Jarrah and a few other items in the room and appart from that it was a matter of 'Go on, take the chance, try something different...'

You guys have been spending waaaaay too much time on facebook.

Nice work.
I did it the tight arse way and only bought the shut off Tee and a couple
of JG tees from that. As soon as I hooked it up back flow from a new charged keg flowed up the gas line into the 1/2 full keg what a mess.

The next day I did the right thing but a little different went to 6mm water filter line to fit the quick release fitting.

Where did you get the JG beer connect for the back of the draught tap?

Hi
You should try putting your check valves at the disconnect ends of your gas lines (closest to the keg) this will stop beer back flowing up your gas lines stopping it at the disconnect fitting if back pressured.

Cheers
John

Back