Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How often do you guys clean your lines and what with? I havent done mine since I set it up - maybe 18 months :eek:

How often do you guys clean your lines and what with? I havent done mine since I set it up - maybe 18 months :eek:

As i said i do it every time i empty a keg.

i might a bit paraiode tho. but i think when a keg is finished there might still be some leftvers in the pipe in the actual keg itself. thats why i flush it out when i flush out the lines.

As i said i do it every time i empty a keg.

i might a bit paraiode tho. but i think when a keg is finished there might still be some leftvers in the pipe in the actual keg itself. thats why i flush it out when i flush out the lines.

I just flush them with the next keg - makes for some interesting tastes in the first glass :lol:

I Clean my lines about every three months with a keg of hotwater and beer line cleaner thne flush with a keg of cold water.

I clean my taps weekly by throwing them in a bucket of pink stain and hot water then rinse them in cold water after. Ahh the joy of snaplok rear sealing taps.

I asked at andale about cleaning and the bloke there said you dont really need to clean them because you lines are kept cool in the fridge all the time.

Bought a party keg which I use to clean lines with. Done once in 12 months. Party keg full of EKG Bitter but will drink contents this weekend so will clean lines again on Sunday. Use sodium percarbonate (same solution as to clean keg) then empty and run clear water through. Got two taps and two handguns to clean and does job well (I think, I hope !).

Well the bar is now 99% complete; just waiting for the sparky to install a couple of downlights.

RIMG1340.JPG
RIMG1341.JPG
RIMG1342.JPG
RIMG1343.JPG
RIMG1338.JPG
RIMG1339.JPG

Cheers

Scott

you must be loaded $$$$$$ scott! not one but two kegmates. whole setup looks like a thing of beauty though. love the flatscreen tv.

you must be loaded $$$$$$ scott!

Unfortunately not Fents. :(

If I was then I would have bought a 3 door stainless steel under bench fridge. Had to draw the line somewhere!

Scott

A real nice set up mate. Outstanding.

Can you keep all six taps in beer?

Of course you can!
icon_chickcheers.gif

Cheers,
Bud

I've been reading this thread over and over again for ideas and inspiration, I've been kegging for almost a year, but now that I've just installed my first ss Celi I thought it was about time for a pic to surface.
Nothing ground breaking in terms of AHB, but around my way its basically a holy-site. :D
Same freezer many here have, simple collar of 19mm pine, 4 kegs, no fan (yet?). At the moment the extinguisher is inside because I've got 2 of 4 kegs empty for a few more weeks.
I'm yet to rig something up for a drip tray...
RIMG0202.JPG

If you google 'countrybrewer' they do a nice little s/s drip tray for about $80. One of them would look snazzy on your setup there

Cheers

I can see a real problem (or can't see the safeguard in your picture)

In your last image, you show a CO2 manifold with (I assume) no non-return valves between kegs.

For those unaware of the possible issues, when the CO2 runs-out without you knowing and the temperature of the carbonated product rises, sticky substance can be forced out of the keg into the CO2 lines to cross-contaminate them and the other kegs and could clog-up the isolation valves and worse, the regulator diaphragm if it goes far enough.

A real PIA to rectify and leaving you wishing you had installed the in-line non return valves from each keg.

I got mine from Lancer Pacific.

View attachment 21186

Damn Damn Damn. When you right your bloody right. I was thinking i could hold off til my GAS was almost empty.. But i made a few mistakes with rapid gassing.. and long story short.. my 3 other kegs connected all got quiet a large amount of the 1 i was rapid gasing :(

I havent tasted them yet. hoping they'll mix nicely tho :)

ps- I Ordered 4 Non-return valves from Craftbrewer.

I havent tasted them yet. hoping they'll mix nicely tho :)

Nothing's lost, could be a new flavour!

I'm hoping cross tontamination isn't huge in this case with sealed kegs, just a matter of pressure equalisation and you may find it was only a small amount if they were all upright.

Cleaning the gas lines is the PIA!

I can finally post in this thread since I poured my own last night, mine isn't as flash a setup as most of these but here it is anyway. Still trying to figure out how I'm going to keep the MKOL bottle outside of the fridge.

kegfridge2yd0.jpg

kegfridgeyj3.jpg

Hi Quantocks,
Just wondering what was your $$$ outlay for this setup.
I am still on bottles, hence any keg system always looks good to me!
Cheers.

Latest posts

Back