Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also as a side note one of my mates gave me a keg

It's an old post mix keg which has been modified

Both the inlet and outlet have been welded shut and the pick up tubes have been removed and discarded

The lid has had a socket welded on - through which sits a large pick up tube and a collections of fittings to gas and dispense

I don't know if it is worth trying to put new post mix fittings on the keg and sealinging up the lid or not

Cheers

IMG_0069.jpg

Also as a side note one of my mates gave me a keg

It's an old post mix keg which has been modified

Both the inlet and outlet have been welded shut and the pick up tubes have been removed and discarded

The lid has had a socket welded on - through which sits a large pick up tube and a collections of fittings to gas and dispense

I don't know if it is worth trying to put new post mix fittings on the keg and sealinging up the lid or not

Cheers

Would be a simple fix by looking at it.

Just replace the Gas and liquid posts (they are cheap here "Kegs Online") and replace the hatch (Hatch)

Parts would be around $50 I would guess... maybe a little more.... so depends if you want to save the keg or buy another for around $60 (and have to replace seals etc anyway_.... but with the new parts you would get new seals etc I would assume.

Pok

* Right off to work - meant to be there at 10 am <_<

Another humble system, nestled into a little apartment...

taps.jpg

I finally got around to taking some pictures of my kegging setup.

PH_007.jpg

PH_005.jpg

PH_006.jpg

so where does everyone get those beer peridoc tables i keep seeing on the front of fridges...?

I want one in my dunny.

That's the first time I've seen beer line go from the fridge to the freezer like that.
Works ok? I would have thought the beer line would freeze.

Edit: Oh yeah, that would have to be the biggest drip tray I've ever seen :)

Yeh the beer line going through the freezer works fine. Just gotta drink fast so as it dosen't freeze up :p

I sometimes have a tray that I put in the freezer and its good for those warm kegs.

As for the big drip tray, it's not really that big, just a small fridge. Plus it was given to me :D

Since the wiki is off line I thought I would ask this question here -

I want to go from 1 keg, 1 tap to 3 kegs, 3 taps.

At the moment this is my set up -

Keg_Co2Reg1.JPG --- Keg_Tap1.JPG --- KegFridge_Inside1.JPG

And I want to go to something like this - Ant's Set Up

Now I have the chest freezer, the temp control unit, 1 keg and 1 tap at the moment, apart from 2 more kegs and 2 more taps, what else do I need, do I need to get a new regulator so the each tap is independent?

Cheers
DK

Fixed Link

Hey DK,

You can go the neat and tidy way, and use a manifold for your gas distribuition, or the cheaper but messier way like me and just use 2 john guest "2 way" splitters. You then just duplicate your current gas in to your two other kegs, and likewise for the liquid out. No need for a multi-output regulator unless you want a different carbonation level for each keg. I just run with a "one size fits all" carbonation that I'm happy with... about 2.4 volumes.

-Bonj

Thanks Cortez!

Blew it up onto an A3 for the dunny wall (fridge is already covered with stuff!)

still hard to read the beer style guidlines up the top though, anyone know what size paper this would of beer originally printed on? A0 maybe?

Well this is what I came up with. Works like a charm. Got love those regulated Celli taps. Just chilled the keg, using the JG fittings hit the beer out with 300kpa for 45 sec's, shook the keg, vented and was drinking great carbonated beer in less than 10mins. Too easy. :D
I have one of my gas lines about 2m long so I can force carb outside the fridge.
All I need to do now is make up some type of drip tray to mount on the door!

DSC00026.JPG
DSC00027.JPG
DSC00028.JPG

Steve

Nice set up steve, have something similar myself.

I couldn't tell from the pic whether you had sealed up the inside of the fridge door where you cut it to get the taps through.

I was told by a fridge-ie friend of mine to seal any exposed insulation with silicone/bathroom sealant to stop condensation getting in there, otherwise the insulation starts breaking down and getting all mouldy.

- sanders

Since the wiki is off line I thought I would ask this question here -

I want to go from 1 keg, 1 tap to 3 kegs, 3 taps.

At the moment this is my set up -

View attachment 15359 --- View attachment 15360 --- View attachment 15361

And I want to go to something like this - Ant's Set Up

Now I have the chest freezer, the temp control unit, 1 keg and 1 tap at the moment, apart from 2 more kegs and 2 more taps, what else do I need, do I need to get a new regulator so the each tap is independent?

Cheers
DK

Fixed Link

Hi DK, I have some other pics of the setup here - well some early photos anyway. For the reg, I decided to go this route, and expanded it to 6 taps. That way I can turn each keg on/off independently. Ideally I'd split this further so I can have each keg at diferent pressures, but I'll wait for the Powerball... Only other thing I did was use one of these gas QD just below the regulator, so I could disconnect the gas line to force carbonate/exchange bottles etc (see parts #P019 and #P020 on the linked page).

Haven't done it yet cos I haven't had a spare few hours, but just because of the condensation, I will; put a fan in.

Steve, I like the way your not using the shanks and just have the tap screwed up against the door.
I tried to do this with my fridge but found that the thin metal would flex every time I pulled on the tap.
How did you get around that?

Maybe it just an old fridge with thicker metal? But it does not flex much, not enough to worry about. I am glad it did not need those shanks. Nice and simple like the rest of my setup.

Steve

Latest posts

Back