Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries Ben :beer:

I hope your first kegging experience went smoothly... and it seems that you are missing 2 taps :D
Well I can't say that there weren't some issues.
A few phone calls to Paul H.
A little beer in the crisper.
Look forward to trying it tomorrow when it has settled a little.

After a long process of moving house and getting parts i finally have my keg system up and running!!

This is my fridge
tn_gallery_4661_171_70539.jpg

And my humble set up!
tn_gallery_4661_191_792649.jpg

I way over carbed my first keg but many thanks to GMK for helping me sort it out and supplying some of the gear. Just finished my first keg yesterday!

Cheers and beers ben.

After a long process of moving house and getting parts i finally have my keg system up and running!!

This is my fridge
tn_gallery_4661_171_70539.jpg

And my humble set up!
tn_gallery_4661_191_792649.jpg

I way over carbed my first keg but many thanks to GMK for helping me sort it out and supplying some of the gear. Just finished my first keg yesterday!

Cheers and beers ben.

KHB your pictures didn't seem to come.

This is my fridge
tn_gallery_4661_191_70539.jpg

And my humble set up!
tn_gallery_4661_191_792645.jpg

Cheers and beers ben.

Well the wheely keg setup got a bit of a make over last week in preperation for a camping trip out to the Palmer River Gold fields..

I wraped a layer of insuwool (go's under the iron on the roof) around it and also on the base and then a layer of sarking (silver and blue paper stuff) over the top of that just to give it a bit more protection..

2 kegs and the gas bottle and filled it with home made ice blocks (about 25 icecream containers) loaded the lot up and off we went .. it lasted 4 days and still had ice in it on tuesday morning when we packed up to come home. average temp was around 32 out there .. It couldent have worked out better..

a few pics
2007_0925palmer0036.jpg

2007_0925palmer0035.jpg

2007_0925palmer0026.jpg

Cheers

Now that is one happy camper! :lol:
Cheers
Steve

Hahaha bconnery never thought i'd hear someone else say biggups on here!! :p am i rubbing off or are you a junglist too? B)

Damn nice setup too. Thats a massive collection of glass's too in that background, huge shoutouts for that :D

:lol: FNQ.... that looks like you have photoshop'd some pants for yourself...!!

werent at a "nature" camp were you..??

Well I can't say that there weren't some issues.
A few phone calls to Paul H.
A little beer in the crisper.
Look forward to trying it tomorrow when it has settled a little.

Onyer Ben, you won't want to leave home now. :)

I think I see Peter Garett poking his head out :ph34r: :D

Hahaha bconnery never thought i'd hear someone else say biggups on here!! :p am i rubbing off or are you a junglist too? B)

Damn nice setup too. Thats a massive collection of glass's too in that background, huge shoutouts for that :D
Not normally a word that I use too often.. Perhaps I'd been reading your posts?
The glass collection is starting to outgrow the space..
Was so happy with the display options scored at a bookstore that was going out of business but they are feeling the pinch now.
The space you see there is a great little bar. It was actually on our list of must haves when house hunting...We had sooo much bar stuff sent back from living in the UK that it just had to happen.
And to think the previous owners used it as a granny flat :eek:

Been admiring everyones work for a while spose I should show off my pride and joy.
freezer1.JPG
freezer2.JPG

Been admiring everyones work for a while spose I should show off my pride and joy.

Nice one cfresh. Theres just one problem with your setup.... the beer lines aren't connected!
I hope you get some beer in there soon!

Have fun,

-Bonj

Nice one cfresh. Theres just one problem with your setup.... the beer lines aren't connected!
I hope you get some beer in there soon!

Have fun,

-Bonj

An old photo there Bonj and many a beer has been poured through since :D I have 4 kegs but have only had 1 conditioned at a time as I havent had enough time to catch up...Or too much drinking???
Also changed the temp controller to a mashmaster as the Jaycar kit just didnt cut it with wide temp variations.
Im looking for a basket that will fit on the right side for glasses and bottles.
Only real shame is that I might be going back to the UK next year so it will get left behind. :( Oh well ive already looked up the LHBS where I might be going...

Fents, Jye "insisted" that I point out that you can actually only see half the collection...
There's another shelf the same size to the left :)
keg_fridge.jpg

An old photo there Bonj and many a beer has been poured through since
Good to hear! :chug:

I have 4 kegs but have only had 1 conditioned at a time as I havent had enough time to catch up...Or too much drinking???
Yes I have a similar problem here.
Also changed the temp controller to a mashmaster as the Jaycar kit just didnt cut it with wide temp variations.
Im looking for a basket that will fit on the right side for glasses and bottles.
Only real shame is that I might be going back to the UK next year so it will get left behind. :( Oh well ive already looked up the LHBS where I might be going...
Bugger. I'm sure someone will offer to look after it for you :icon_cheers: :lol:

think I see Peter Garett poking his head out ..

It was pointed out to me that (peter) needed to be retruned to the back bench befor the photo was taken..LOL

Was a great camp and has given lots of ideas for longer and more remote traveling kegs..

Cheers

think I see Peter Garett poking his head out ..
It was pointed out to me that (peter) needed to be retruned to the back bench befor the photo was taken..LOL

Was a great camp and has given lots of ideas for longer and more remote traveling kegs..

Cheers

It was good to see you're flat out up there on the pointy bit, Ned B) . Cool room mounted on the back of the ute for the next trip perhaps?

Finally took some pictures of my keg setup

It's basically a 4 keg system with the capacity to gas 3 kegs at once and dispense from 2

John guest fittings throughout (except on fridge door shanks and reg)

The fridge can fit 2 more kegs - and I'll be applying for ministerial approval for these :)

And will be moving the gas bottle out side soon

Cheers

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

Looks the goods Cortez... just need some more taps now :p

Back