Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
funny you should ask. I just swapped my first bottle and it lasted me 3 years would you belive...

Dave and I (LHBS guy) came to 2 conclusions either

A - i dont brew enuff beer.
B - i shut off my bottle after each use meaning no leaks.

I prob do a brew (23lt's) every fortnight if thats any indication. After a few beers Dave and I agreed that im on option A) :(

I have been shutting of the gas when i am not using it but find that the carb level is decreasing slightly. Is that to be expected?

I am turning it off as one tap is leaking and until i fix it i dont want to waste beer!

3 years, nice. Scoring that for free was a bargain after all

Im pretty sure the dial does drop when you shut it off cause your shutting off the whole bottle.

Could be wrong tho, havnt checked it on mine.

see the line running from the fridge to the bar going left to right. just went to bunnings and they have that black foam stuff....cut a length down the guts of it and slip it over your beer line.

Got to ask, why are you insulating the CO2?

I've been meaning to post in here for a few months now, here are a few pics of mine:

Freezer1.jpg
Freezer2.jpg
Freezer3.jpg

Next steps are to:

- Add a secondary regulator, I've had on sitting in a box for over 6 months now
- Add in a quick disconnect on the main gas line (will do this weekend)
- Neaten up the lines, probably through the use of flow restrictors

do you guys use non return valves???.......my thinking is if you don't sanitise your beer lines daily that the beer in them will bleed back into your keg taking old beer with it mixing with the sanitised stuff in the keg...maybe i'm wrong.....i suppose if you had absolutely no co2 leaks then the pressure in the keg should keep the lines full of beer.....hmmm, something else to ponder....

the beer in the tap won't drain back unless there's a CO2 leak and one at the tap aswell, allowing air back through the tap... happy to be proven wrong though...

deckedoutdaz

In response to your extinguisher question, yes its co2. All co2 is the same, there is no difference from food use to fire extinguisher. Only difference with the extinguisher is the dip tube is removed so only the gas is released not the liquid co2.

Hope this helps. ;)

fridge.jpg

My converted chest freezer, with the new tap I got this week. holds 6 kegs... which I'm currently in the process of filling

fridge.jpg

My converted chest freezer, with the new tap I got this week. holds 6 kegs... which I'm currently in the process of filling

Will look great with 5 more Shirrons lined up there B)

cheers Ross

lol, that's precisely the number I'm spacing them out for. one more on the right equally spaced, then two more in the gaps, then finally I'll swap out the swing tap.

Hey everyone, just finished this in the last week or so... little bit excited since then, I waited to take some pics of it until it had found its permanent home, which at right next to the TV is pretty bloody handy :)

DSCF0094.JPG DSCF0095.JPG DSCF0088.JPG

As you can probably see all she needs is a drip tray to rest beers on and catch the mess and it will be all done for now... so anyone wanna hook me up with a free one?? ...........anyone?? Nah didnt think so....... I think Ross will be getting an order from me soon :)

Cheers

Stephen

Looks great Stephen,

Just in case you are interested, I have an extra large 2nd hand S/S driptray for sale 580mm W x 245mm D x 285mm H. $120. PM me if you are interested, otherwise I'll put a post in the "for sale" forum.

drip_tray.jpg

Cheers Ross

Edit, Didn't clean before photo, as just grabbed out the shed to show you.

Latest posts

Back