Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ross, lucky that font is mounted over SS...you'd have one hell of a cleanup when that melts otherwise. Looks a treat!

Bonj, I remember your thread about a 200L Centrex Freezer - great that they fix six kegs, I'm surprised! Can anyone confirm the going price on one of these at the moment? Can't find a quote anywhere...

Bonj, I remember your thread about a 200L Centrex Freezer - great that they fix six kegs, I'm surprised! Can anyone confirm the going price on one of these at the moment? Can't find a quote anywhere...
I got mine from Chandlers here in Ipswich. Cheapest I could find was $399
Most people quoted ~$429.

I haven't tested with 6 kegs yet, but they should theoretically fit with the tall collar fitted. (by my calculations) Mine currently has 4 kegs in it, and a carton of stubbies.

Bugwan,
Give your local good guys store a call.

I saw one down in the Bayswater store for about $400.
and don't forget that annoying slogan "Pay Less Pay Cash"

- Luke

Bugwan,
Give your local good guys store a call.

I saw one down in the Bayswater store for about $400.
and don't forget that annoying slogan "Pay Less Pay Cash"

- Luke

Certainly try them. My local "Good Guys" quoted $429. Chandlers was cheaper, and since it was closer to home, I didn't have to pay delivery. Browndog helped me bring it home in his trailer.

That looks awesome Ross, Is the beer still flowing ok, have any of the lines started to freeze up?

Cheers
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

The beers fine, the temp is set to -2c, so not enough to freeze the beer. The 2 lagers running through the gylcol are pooring bloody cold though B)

Cheers Ross

Hi Andrew,

The beers fine, the temp is set to -2c, so not enough to freeze the beer. The 2 lagers running through the gylcol are pooring bloody cold though B)

Cheers Ross

Bout time you started drinking beer at Aussie temps Ross :D :D

Might not be able to tast em at that temp, but don't let that stop you.

Thanks guys, I might just bite the bullet later in the year and get one. Getting really jacked off with my current set up - a borrowed fridge (so I can't modify it), that takes just two kegs, hooked up to one pluto gun!!!

My sorry history of dead/dying fridges from eBay is depressing and a false economy.

What I really like about freezers is that you can open the lid without losing all the cold air out the bottom (which you do with an upright). Plus I can't wait to get another project on the go - collarisation.

heres the results of my latest project, pouring sweetly is Hackney and Rhode Island.

10062007601rs.JPG

16062007612rs.JPG

17062007614rs.JPG

17062007615rs.JPG

17062007618rs.JPG

Looks good Kong! I'm doing a similar thing with the magnets on the lid of my chest freezer. The next revision of the magnets will include alcohol percentage by volume. I overlooked that on the first version.

Bonj, those magnets were a AHB bulk buy thing a whiles back.
What are you using.? i've been thinking of sorting something that i can put a printed label in... kind of like those fridge photo magnet frames.?

I'm using one of those sheets of inkjet magnets. They come in a sheet with 10 rectangle magnets pre-cut. I don't have an inkjet (the magnets have been hanging around for ages), only a laser. I've printed logos on plain paper, cut them out, and glue-sticked them to the magnets. Works well, and the paper comes off fairly easily if you want to replace/revise them which I've been doing a bit of today ;)

I've also looked at the plastic ones that you put printouts inside, but haven't found any of a decent size yet (except the one on the main fridge, which although I'm allowed to use, is only 1, and I have 3 taps).

Those john guest fittings on the end of the shanks look like the go :)

Getting the tube on the barbs (while not too difficult) was still a pain :angry:

All my other fittings were john guest - except the regulator - getting the line on that was an adventure :blink:

Cheers

Having used barbs for my first setup, I have vowed to avoid them wherever possible. JG fittings are bloody awesome.

Bloody mess :( :( came home and a beer line was leaking bad under the bar [a join in the line to the flooded font], lost half a keg of Trappist that was [a little left] pure neck oil. :(
Took half an hour just to get the lagging etc off, then off to Clark Rubber for more $19.95 with tape.
What a mess and a waste.
No photos, too sad.

Got some new tap handles for my chest freezer - so it looks like I can either run a Pale Ale / IPA selection,
IPA.jpg
(L to R - Dogfish Head, Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA, Stone IPA, Harpoon IPA, Red Seal Ale, SNPA)

or a Belgian selection...
Belgian.jpg
(L to R - Hoegaarden, Chimay White, Leffe Brune, Maredsous 8, Kwok, Ommegang Three Philosophers Quad)

beautiful ant, just beautiful :)

thats brewers skill/art :super:

Got some new tap handles for my chest freezer - so it looks like I can either run a Pale Ale / IPA selection,
View attachment 13605
(L to R - Dogfish Head, Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA, Stone IPA, Harpoon IPA, Red Seal Ale, SNPA)
or a Belgian selection...
View attachment 13606
(L to R - Hoegaarden, Chimay White, Leffe Brune, Maredsous 8, Kwok, Ommegang Three Philosophers Quad)

Some great tap handles there Ant.
Was hoping to pick some up when I was up in San Fran last week, but I couldn't get the ones I was after (Stone Arrogant ******* (the original stone version, not the new plastic one), Dogfish Head 90 min, New Belgium 1554/Mothership Wit/Abbey, something from Avery, SNPA etc.
Back to scouting on eBay.

How often do you change the handles ?

Doc

Back