Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking flash hockadays, but aren't those tap soda taps ?

Doc

nah not soda taps but beer taps from belgium. You see them on alot of stella taps out here but pretty rare to find. Hard to get parts for...

This is my converted chest freezer. have been trying to get this ready for a few months now, and as Ross can tell you there have been quite a few questions as well. Thanks Ross, hopefully won't have to bug you too much anymore :p .
I got the Font from Ross, again cheers. The wood on top is a "solid core" door, really just some hardwood stuck together and some veneer stuck over that. Stained it and then weather proofed it, so really shiny now.
Left some room in case I need to get another font :D , but not yet as swmbo doesn't know how much this one cost. Might get a double next time.
Can't give it a run as my friend has borrowed the co2 :( .
I will probably get some more veneer and cover the rest of the freezer, again at a later date due to the cash flow.
Will post some pics on the first pour.
Eric
Not sure how much work will be done in the office now :p

100_2263.jpg

100_2262.jpg

100_2261.jpg

100_2264.jpg

Nice setup eric8,

And good to see its located nice and close to your desk

Cheers Pok, like I said i don't think there will be too much work happening in here anymore, wait a minute there isn't much work done in here now :p .
Eric

Looks great Eric :super:

That close to the work desk is real dangerous, at least I have to walk 5 metres to mine :)

cheers ross

Thanks Ross, would have taken even longer without your help :) .

Great stuff Eric! That's not dangerous Ross - that's lethal! Maybe you can build another one next to your bed - lol.

Looks like you've done a fine job Eric but to be sure, I really should take a closer look when on my next Sydney jaunt :)

It's always great hearing about your progress and I'll look forward to reading about the font christening.

Spot ya,
Pat

Hi all,

here are some snaps of my new keg fridge
Thanks to Ross for supplying the bits.

dual celli action
DSC00045.JPGDSC00046.JPG
The Celli's are awesome, very smooth pour and adjustable to prevent foaming

Red CO2 solution ;)
DSC00047.JPG

back of the celli's
DSC00049.JPG

I replaced the door lining with a sheet of 3mm ply, cut to size and painted.

kegging is very dangerous as I had to pour a beer to test it all. I then had to see if worked again, and again, etc. Before I knew it I had consumed far to much :party:

cheers
Moray

Looks awesome Moray :super: - I like the way you've fitted the Celli's without needing the adaptor - Makes it much neater & you'll find they pour nicer.

We've just taken delivery of a new style gold Celli & we also have stainless S/S ones on the way :)

cheers Ross

Here is my keg fridge, which is in our kitchen.

The taps are Lancer taps but I have replaced the Tooheys New and VB tap handles that came with them with the Speights and Speights Old Dark handles that a mate managed to score for me in NZ. Thank god he did as being a kiwi boy I couldn't live with the New and VB handles :)

Actually I have also just scored two Goesser tap handles from Austria. Can't wait for them to arrive.

Cheers,
Doc
Hi mate Im also a kiwi boy but from tauranga living in Melbourne for the last few years.
Just wandering if you may have a close recipe for speights.
I'd love to give that a go.
Cheers Micka

Hi all, I just set up my fridge with kegs and a bar 2 weeks ago, wish I had done it years ago, its fairly modest compared to some of the setups on this site but its a start.
Cheers Steve :party:

side.JPG

inside_fridge.JPG

front.JPG

That looks great SDJ, love the bar. Did you build it yourself?

Pok :party:

no, It was chucked out at the tip, in mornington we have an outlook shop that recyles stuff from the tip so I picked it up for $30.00, had to rip the 70s style tiles of the top and replace with an old parquetry table top ($2.00 at outlook shop) got some micro corrugated iron from bunnings and fitted it on with tech screws.

I am happy with the result, just need to jaz it up with suitable pubish looking stuff. :beer:

We've just taken delivery of a new style gold Celli & we also have stainless S/S ones on the way :)
as in full stainless steel body? aww... now I'm gonna have to decide if i want flow restrictors more than I want forward sealing taps :( why dont they make a stainless steel tap with both?

as in full stainless steel body? aww... now I'm gonna have to decide if i want flow restrictors more than I want forward sealing taps :( why dont they make a stainless steel tap with both?

Yes, but pm me for any additional info, as taking the thread off topic. :)

Edit: ...& top work SDJ - looks real good :super:

cheers Ross

nice one sdj, where abouts in mornington is the outlook shop?

-Phill

Race course Road, and as you are going to be in Mornington, I expect you to drop in and sample my brew, I am new to tkegging but its drinkable and better than SBM (shop bought muck) :party:

Latest posts

Back