Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, but pm me for any additional info, as taking the thread off topic. :)

Edit: ...& top work SDJ - looks real good :super:

cheers Ross

Thanks Ross, its a start.

Quality setup SDJ, thats similar to what I wanna build, just need to build the pergola to put it under...
Also trying to work out how to incorporate the BBQ into the setup!!

Cheers and Beers

Robbo

Quality setup SDJ, thats similar to what I wanna build, just need to build the pergola to put it under...
Also trying to work out how to incorporate the BBQ into the setup!!

Cheers and Beers

Robbo
thabks Robbo, are you saying youwant to build the barby into the bar??? :huh:

hey guys my virgin post so yeeeeehaaaaaarrr .

just about to build my first kegerator this week ( as long as the parts come in ) getting all excited ...
all these kegerators serve well for inspiration.

Just finished my chest freezer conversion today. 3 stainless steel shirron taps, with room inside for 6 kegs.

Internal fan is on a microswitch so it only runs when the lid is closed.

bonj_img_2465_640.jpg

bonj_img_2466_640.jpg

Here's a pic of the first GOOD :p pour from my new Font. Mmmmm nice.
Think it tastes even better coming from the s/s bling :D
Eric

100_2297.jpg

Neat job Bonj do you have to run the fan via a transformer ?

pumpy :)

Yeah, I butchered an old Canon printer. It was one of the ones with the external power supply. It runs 13.5V which is slightly higher than the 12V the fan wants, but I can live with that. It's rated at 1A which is way overkill for a fan that apparently draws 200mA... :lol:

I haven't taken any photos, but the printer PSU uses a proprietary plug, so I used the dremel to recess the socket at the back of the collar so it's flush. I couldn't be bothered soldering anything, so I just crimped them.

edit: that font looks sweet, eric8. Nice pour.

Hey Bonj,

Can you post some pics of how you constructed the collar etc so I can see how you went about it, I am interested to see your approach for future collars for bigger freezers :)

Cheers, Pok

I'll post some pics this arvo. I'm about to do a brew.
Basically, it's just timber cut to size, such that the lengths butt up against each other, and secured on the inside using some angle brackets I found at Bunnings. Then I did 3 coats of white paint over the top. The holes were cut with the closest holesaw I have, and then I used the dremel with the rotary sanding attachment to enlarge the holes so the shanks would just fit through.

The rubber under the collar is from a local vinyl and rubber place, and the whole thing is secured using some more brackets using the existing hinge holes at the back.

hey all ,

just completed my first kegerator . just a temp while we build our first house where ill get a bar and font setup like a few guys on here , cheers for the ideas!! all painted up in the mighty st kilda saints colours just need to get the emblem to put up on top and waaaaalaaaaa . not a easy life specially living with a bunch of eagles supporters , at least i have my beer to keep me happy :D

big cheers to ross for sending out the gear , ordered sunday night had it by wednesday over the other side of the country !

beers ,
seppers

may_07_june_07_011.jpg

may_07_june_07_113.jpg

Ahh... this is the thread. I couldn't remember which one it was.

Construction photos as requested pokolbinguy:

bonj_freezer_img_2471_640.jpg

bonj_freezer_img_2472_640.jpg

Hey seppers, welcome to the forum.

Not sure if your media is full of the debacle going on here, but it's a tough time to barrack for the sainters isn't it? Nobody knows what the feck is going on down there!

Nice work on the fridge, just needs the big 35 and you're all set :beer:

If you ever need a space to crash and a friendly welcome over this end of town drop me a line...

Hey seppers. Nice setup.

Bummer about the colours. Get rid of the white stripe and turn the red 45 degrees and ya woulda had a nice fridge. Ah well...

haha

Looking at all these set ups sure makes a man thirsty :beerbang: and I just looked at the beer food chilli page, jeeze Im bloody hungry now!! its late or early in the morning, not sure which :huh: keg just farted and ran dry, thank god for those 2 or 3 bottles I get from every brew :D
I posted a web page showing my basic set up, its getting there :beer: http://www.pint.com.au/homebreweries/sdj/

cheers steve

With the sudden drop in temp, my font which is usually set to just sweat, has dropped the extra couple of degrees & frozen - It actually makes you feel chilly as you're sat at the bar :)

Frozen_font.JPG Frozen_font_2.JPG

Brrrrr....Ross

The next question, is why you happen to be sitting at the bar this early? :lol:

With the sudden drop in temp, my font which is usually set to just sweat, has dropped the extra couple of degrees & frozen - It actually makes you feel chilly as you're sat at the bar :)

Brrrrr....Ross

You poor thing. :lol:

Warren -

Hell yeah everyone, this is what I'm talking about!

Especially you Ross - damn that awesome looking frozen 10 tap font! AHHHHHH! Its driving me insane!

I've only got a lowly 8L garden sprayer... <_<

Back