Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice score Ant!

Those Belgian handles are fantastic :super: , where did you get them from?

search for "beer tap" in ebay and go to items listed by international sellers.

There are thousands of them!

you usually get them for $5 US but the postage costs you $15 to $20 which sucks but some are offered up by stores that will bulk post to save you postage.

cheers

cheers

Zwickel, Bonj - cheers. Once you have a good beer to serve, it's nice to be able to serve it out of something equally pleasing.

Doc - currently I change the handles more than I change the beers... only an IPA (based loosely on my perceptions of an Avery clone) kegged at the moment! Soon to be remedied - pick up my welded pots this week! At this stage, still looking for a stone Stone AB, Shiner Bock (with the Rams' head), Avery IPA and a Racer 5. Actually got about another dozen handles - mainly from bulk lots (Tucher weizen, Kostricher octoberfest, Reissdorf kolsch, Erdinger, Harpoon saison...) but pleased to report no Bud, Millers or Coors amongst them.

eric8 - Tony's nailed it, picked them all up on ebay; I just do searches on the handles I want and keep an eye on them close to the end of the auctions - quite a few never get a bid on them, but the good ones are rarely $5... generally about $10 each (although I did pick up the Stone IPA for 99c!). I also get bulk lots (4-10 taps at at time), so the shipping doesn't bite as badly.

I must say that getting into this kegging caper can drive a man to drink. Researching, talking, planning, phoning, buying, picking up, checking, brewing, putting together and finally pulling the first of many beers.

The photo's show the end result but I list what's been acquired for anyone that's interested.

- 3x18litre Kegs - ebay
- fridge - ebay (this is #2 because #1 died)
- Celli taps - Ross
- Lines - 5mm id
- Micromatic Regulator - Brewcraft WA
- 5kg fire extinguisher - Wormalds
- Stainless drip tray - concerned mate
- PVC for tap surround - junk
- Money - Can't remember

P1010027.JPGP1010026.JPGP1010028.JPG

I must say that getting into this kegging caper can drive a man to drink. Researching, talking, planning, phoning, buying, picking up, checking, brewing, putting together and finally pulling the first of many beers.

The photo's show the end result but I list what's been acquired for anyone that's interested.

- 3x18litre Kegs - ebay
- Celli taps - Ross
- Lines - 5mm id
- Money - Can't remember

View attachment 13973View attachment 13974View attachment 13975

That's one very professional looking fitout :super:

cheers Ross

- 3x18litre Kegs - ebay
- Celli taps - Ross
- Lines - 5mm id
- Money - Can't remember

Alcodave,

Nice setup!

Have you had any problems with your regulator whilst keeping it inside your fridge. I have heard that keeping the regulator inside the fridge may cause condensation within the reg and its dials.

Any thoughts?

Cheers.

Ross

Thanks for the compliment. Will contact you soon for more bits and pieces.

etbandit

So far no problems noticed but its only been in for a week. Lack of space outside the fridge dictated its position. Can fit 2 kegs and extinguisher so being in the fridge isn't a space problem.

Will keep fingers crossed no problems occur.

Regards

Hi all....

Extremely great setups....

sorry to be a dope, AGAIN!

i tried to do a search but came up with nothing......

my question, the extinguisher in the fridge, is it co2????

Daz

my life can only get better from here :beer:

ive just tasted my first beer from my very own keg setup :beerbang:
man this feeling should never go away,its like being a kid in a candy shop!
got grand plans for my chest freezer,the pics of which shall be posted here for all their glory
it all starts with a dream..... :rolleyes:

cheers,dan

Greetings all,

This is my first post here and I must say the knowledge I have gained is tremendous, top forum!! :beer:

I also must thank evry1 for putting up so many great pics of their bar and keg setups, much inspiration has been acquired!!

I will now have to get cracking on my planned bar and share my pics here...
Cheers all!

Finally got it done. My DIY skills are atrocious. The hole in the bar looks like it was done by a drunk bloke with a chisel :blink: and dont get me started on the hole i drilled in the fridge. I really should stick to chemistry and let a pro do this stuff for me, or my partner :unsure:

Not as flashy as a lot of setups but am pretty happy with how the redgum slab came up. Didnt go the liquid glass finish like Batz, just a few coats of estapol. Still have leakage problems with one tap but i suspect i havent pushed the beer line over the thingy far enough......

Still, one tap is pouring my APA nicely, a tad undercarbed, i used the Ross Method but was a little cautious as i didnt want 19L of foam.

So i have reached one of my HB goals for the year, AG a month away (fingers crossed)

:beerbang:

DrSmurto

p.s. a big thanks to Ross, i called him half a dozen times before actually buying anything and got him to walk me thru the setup a few times. All worth it in the end!

MyBar.jpg

MyBar2.jpg

Kegfridge.jpg

Nice on Dr!

Who cares about the font hole or the hole in the fridge when you cant even see it? ;)

Now you need to get some black rubber insulation to keep the beer in the lines cool when ur having a session...I'll get a pic of mine.

^^^

Fridge2.jpg

see the line running from the fridge to the bar going left to right. just went to bunnings and they have that black foam stuff....cut a length down the guts of it and slip it over your beer line.

Good work DrSmurfo! Looks tops!

Hope to get mine built in the next week whilst i have some time off work. You've inspired me!

That and my font arriving yesterday!

Back