Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all I've just finished my beer fridge 350 ltr chest freezer with 4 tap cobra font reticulated with pond pump ill try upload a couple of pictures

You can with iphone too. Same deal as above. It a pretty slow though. I recommend using the photobucket app to upload and then use the img tag link from there to insert here.

Pictures of new bar fridge IMG_0587.JPGIMG_0589 (2).jpgIMG_0590 (2).jpg

Nice lookin bar setup Matty, do you have pic's of the build process?

looks good matty, this makes me want to fix up mine, good time to do it since i am dismanteling it to move. what did you use for the lid? any pics of the inside? and also, did it come with wheels or did you add your own?

hi guys

Unfortunately I dont have any picture from the build as my Iphone crashed and lost them all but what I can say is it was extremely easy to build.

Firstly the top is a standard bunnings benchtop purchased for $99 bucks unfortunately it wasnt quit wide enough so i cut it in half lengthwise and glued a piece of jarrah (still have nearly half benchtop for another project), once glued it was screwed onto the lid. I then mitred and fixed Meranti timber to the edge of the lid with stainless screws then varnished.

The body of freezer was painted with blackboard paint using a foam roller.

Purchased 4 caster wheels from bunnings and screwed directly to the base of freezer.

Inside i can comfortably fit 5 kegs and the co2 bottle, currently have a 4 gas manifold and all new flexible micromatic beer and gas lines.

10 Litre container with water and pond pump hooked up to font.

Keg king 16 Amp temp controller.

May concider a fan for inside to circulate air at a later stage but so far freezer rarely runs so quite happy.

Ill take some inside pictures tonight

Flexible line looks the goods. I am curious why you put clamps on the gas but not the beer line? They both theoretically hold the same pressure...

Edak said:
I am curious why you put clamps on the gas but not the beer line?
Looks like those tubes on the tap ends are jammed on pretty tight and decent amount of length as well - compared to the small barbs on the manifold adapter.

Matty3460, would you say flooding the font with water is important, based on your experience? Is the main issue to prevent foaming?

sgtpinky said:
Looks like those tubes on the tap ends are jammed on pretty tight and decent amount of length as well - compared to the small barbs on the manifold adapter.
I was looking at the small barbs on the disconnects...

You'll know if you have a leak on the beer side, not as easy to tell on the gas side.

That said, if one of the lines came off the disconnect, it would be a right mess.

Hi all, flooded font to date doent make alot of difference, bit of wank factor really but when it warms up a bit more im sure it will. I dont think the water alone will be much good in summer but will need to wait and see.

In regards to the beer and gas lines I may put clamps on the liquid lines but in my past experiance with my previous keg fridge they are not needed. Im paranoid about my gas as ive had leaks in the past but also understand if my beer lines leak I will not only loose gas but also my beer.

Ill see how I go.

now for another project!!

Matty3450 said:
Pictures of new bar fridge
Nice, very similar to mine!

I like the font - was tossing up between that and the twin fonts when I did mine.

Hi all,

some nice setups here. Just finished my own keezer. Borrowed a few ideas from a few of you, so thank you.
before:
keezer_zps4cf873e7.jpg

after

keezer2_zps0f9e3e3f.jpg

keezer3_zps3f5bf7bf.jpg

keezer4_zpscb1b6f2b.jpg

nice setup scott.. whats your total costing if you dont mind my asking? looking to do the same thing essentially.

leighaus said:
nice setup scott.. whats your total costing if you dont mind my asking? looking to do the same thing essentially.
$100 for the fridge second hand
Free timber thanks to Donske
Bottle opener was a gift also
$20 including postage for a cheap chinese temperature controller
$160 for the manifold, keg seal kits, taps and fittings from keg king, although I already had 2 disconnects and need another 4
$120 for kegs from Craftbrewer
$20 for castors from big green shed
cant remember about the bottle and regulator, bought it about 2 years ago from the LHBS as a package with two kegs, line and gun for I think $450?
$15 Maple stain, quater tin used
$15 satin varnish quater tin used
$20 for two cans of gloss black spray paint
$10 for plastic primer (white plastic grill and trim looked horrible)
$10 for chalkboard spray paint.

It adds up when you look at it, but because I bought piece by piece I was able to get it all past SWMBO's budget.

Cheers

Back