Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, have scrolled through dozens of pages in this thread. Have'nt been able to find any close-up shots or detailed descriptions of how people have done it though. :(

EDIT: Just gone through them all. Will just do the 'ol 8mm hole and pass through. The wires for the temp controller will just tuck under the seal.

EDIT: Just gone through them all. Will just do the 'ol 8mm hole and pass through. The wires for the temp controller will just tuck under the seal.
That's all I did, drill a hole in the side of the fridge just big enough to pass the gas-line through.

Can anyone recommend a Chest freezer that'll hold 6 cornies? Online they only list external dimensions.
Im constrained by about 1m of available width.

It looks like I need about 45cm+ depth and about 90cm length internally.

Can anyone recommend a Chest freezer that'll hold 6 cornies? Online they only list external dimensions.
Im constrained by about 1m of available width.

It looks like I need about 45cm+ depth and about 90cm length internally.

I just bought a kelvinator 320l and it holds 6. Not sure of the externals as Im at work but will check when I get home

I just bought a kelvinator 320l and it holds 6. Not sure of the externals as Im at work but will check when I get home

I have the 320 as well, that's about 1 mtr wide, it holds 6 on the "floor" and holds 2 on the hump. So if your using a font and no collar you can hold 6x19ltrs and 2x9ltrs (which is what I do, the 9's aren't hooked up to a tap, there just there hiding so I don't drink em :) ). If you put a collar on then you could hold 8 x 19 ltrs in.

Thanks, appreciate it. Seems to be quite a bit of variety in terms of dimensions v litres with Chesties, some are much taller and fairly shallow, others deep and not so long etc...

From my initial checking, it looks like around 200L might be a minimum to squeeze them in, but 320 might be the same footprint as some 200s for reasons above.

Height is the only dimension that is unimportant since I'm going to put a collar on it, rather than a font.

A F&P H275X will hold 6 on the floor + 1 on the hump

My one is here http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...st&p=776569

Also this site let you search by width

http://www.appliancesonline.com.au/chest-freezers.aspx

Cheers

Thanks, nice setup. Does yours sit 2 side by side, or are they staggered, if you get my drift?

k k k
k k k

or

k-k-k
-k-k-k

Some of the US sites have chestie databases of sizes but all those imperial measurements were doing my head in. cubic inches ffs!

Yep, have the H275x as well, staggered but a tight fit for 6 on the floor. I believe (haven't checked mine), that the H215x will fit 4 on the floor, and are usually found fairly cheap.

Cheers

Thanks guys, a really big help in shaping my thoughts.
Found this one, via eBay. Only 168L but seems to tick the boxes size-wise for 6. Two cornies side by side is about 420mm (210 + 210), so a little leeway. (this is 445mm internal depth)
715mm long should be good for 3 in a row (210 x 3), plus there's no internal 'hump', I guess the compressor is flat under the floor in this model.

inside01_750w.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Going to measure my cut out circles one more time to be sure then I'll give this one a go. A little nervous about their measurements not being exact given the tight fit (420 v 445)

If I chicken out of this one, those F&P ones from the links above look good, the H275X and H280X especially (again no bloody internal measurements on the H280X, you'd think they'd include them! instead they have a 'user guide' with such pearls as 'Keep the refrigerator clean." and "Eggs should be stored in the refrigerator.")

Just be careful with those measurements. Wouldn't be surprised if they're actually outside dimension measurements.... If not, go for it. Nice price :)

Cheers

Just be careful with those measurements. Wouldn't be surprised if they're actually outside dimension measurements.... If not, go for it. Nice price :)

Cheers

Hay HSB,

Just to let you know I bought a freezer of those people on ebay over a year ago. As for the measurements they where correct. It was a different freezer model. It holds 8 corny kegs and 2 small kegs on the hump at one end. The cooling fan that blows on the condensor died 2 weeks after I received it. Emailed them and sent a new straight away. I think they are probably made in China. Apart from that, it hasn't missed a beat.

Cheers WoolBrew :icon_cheers:

I guess it's time for some progress pics...
just waiting on my tax return, and i'll buy some more disconnects and another Tap
I've got a batch of Morgan's Cortes' Cerveza on fermenting now, so hopefully that'll come out good for the first test run on the fridge :D

P06_08_11_14.10.JPG

P06_08_11_14.11_01_.JPG

P05_08_11_12.20.JPG

Retired my old single tap and beer gun fridge to be a fermenting fridge and hooked up this one to be keg fridge today

kegfridge1.jpg
kegfridge2.jpg

Things I still want to do:
Drip Tray
Magnetic Blackboard or Whiteboard
Sort out my mess of beer lines
Perhaps mount the gas manifold somehow
Figure out a better support for the kegs while leaving the bottom pull out tray for yeasts etc. I'm not sure how long that glass shelf will support 4 kegs for, I am just being very careful when moving kegs at the moment.

Stainless steel shelves are the go
i'm measuring one up tomorrow to go behind the cornies so hopefully i can fit a 9L cornie in there for premixed spririts, cider, mead, and other random experiments from the 10L demijohn
also, all the nice taps in this thread are making me want to replace the current tap and the 2 other spaces i've already pre-marked with perlicks

Latest posts

Back