Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
check this out.
3 perlicks, 4 kegs, tesuco dual reg split, with one line for carbing etc, hooked up to an STC-1000.
And it's in my favourite colours :party: :party: :party:

edit: add photo d***

27072011034.jpg

check this out.
3 perlicks, 4 kegs, tesuco dual reg split, with one line for carbing etc, hooked up to an STC-1000.
And it's in my favourite colours :party: :party: :party:

edit: add photo d***
Ive seen undies that colour...yellow at the front...brown at the back...Apart from your colours, nice Set up
Go pies !

Finished off the drip tray cabinet just the other day. One tap is for soda and supplies the chilled water for the glass rinse/chiller. They share a drip tray and drain into a container under/behind the cabinet. There is a full level indicator that pops up when the container is close to full and needs emptying.

That's a nice setup there Elton. Where'd did you get the rinser, I've always wanted one?

cheers

Grant

And it's in my favourite colours :party:
Looks good, just dunno about the colours either.
Do you have pics of inside? (Seems you're not using the usual shanks with those taps?)

Looks good, just dunno about the colours either.
Do you have pics of inside? (Seems you're not using the usual shanks with those taps?)

Will be finishing the inside over next few days, will post pics then. I need to find a way to support 4 kegs and a 6kg CO2 bottle. The shanks are 4 inch from farmhouse brewing. By the time I add the locknut and the beer line fitting, there is no room for the black outers. Ahh well. Doesn't look like a rough job though even when close.
Cheers.

Will be finishing the inside over next few days, will post pics then. I need to find a way to support 4 kegs and a 6kg CO2 bottle. The shanks are 4 inch from farmhouse brewing. By the time I add the locknut and the beer line fitting, there is no room for the black outers. Ahh well. Doesn't look like a rough job though even when close.
Cheers.

Rotten, are you able to cut away some of the inner lining of the door to allow you to have more thread exposed and therefore fit the black tap flanges??

As for support, FWIW, I got away with a piece of melamine on the bottom of the shelf, distributing the weight over 4 points, however every fridge is obviously different. I have nearly identical setup, 3 taps, 4 kegs and my 5.5kg gas bottle inside the fridge.

Good luck though bud! Be sure to post photos!!

I've gotta cut some of the door lining away (where the shelves were) to be able to close the door on my kegerator, should I then put something over the exposed lining?
I didn't know whether to just chuck some silicon over it, or to go whole hog and get some silver insulation tape
any opinions?

I've gotta cut some of the door lining away (where the shelves were) to be able to close the door on my kegerator, should I then put something over the exposed lining?
I didn't know whether to just chuck some silicon over it, or to go whole hog and get some silver insulation tape
any opinions?

or just some pvc tape or duct tape?

Same - have the strip all the way around the top and underside of the collar for sealing to the freezer and lid. I haven't secured it in any way to the freezer but the weight of the lid and collar are enough to stop it from moving around too much. I will probably run a bead of silicone on the inside just to help secure it at some stage.

What thickness was the foam strip that you used? I bought 12mm thick today, and am now wondering if it's too thick. The weight of the collar will compress it down to about a quarter of that, but not so much the top strip that the lid sits on....

If it's the same brand i looked at before finding my fridge,
they're not quite tall enough inside
but i may be wrong, just ask the bloke for a measurement of the inside height

http://cairns.gumtree.com.au/c-Stuff-for-S...QAdIdZ295820860

Looking at this for a 1 keg at a time setup for now for the apartment... Praying it's got enough space for 1. Anybody else use these coola can thingos?

obl-large.gif

If it's the same brand i looked at before finding my fridge,
they're not quite tall enough inside
but i may be wrong, just ask the bloke for a measurement of the inside height

You might be ok with a shorter "squat" corny keg. I've got two of them, and they are great becuase they hold the same, but they are a bit fatter, and a bit shorter and fit on the compressor hump in my chesty and allow me to still close the lid. Without them, i'd only be able to fit two kegs into my chesty instead of four...They are not for sale either <_<

Just having my first ever lager on my first ever kegged brew dispensation.

I have the curly hosed plastic picnic tap from craftbrewer - and seriously this pour is newb-friendly. An idiot could get a good pour from it. You can even give it a little froth, just for the hell of it, without trying too hard, or pour a flatish headed beer.

Anywho, stoked as hell after 13 years of brewing, that something can excite me this much. This is my second biggest thrill after discovering BIAB.

I'd like to dedicate the new Smaragd based lager to Bradbrews for the kegging bulk buy (it's an unselfish and generally fantastic bloke that organises stuff like this for people than, in part, he has never met), and Anthony from craftbrewer for giving such fantastic advice, never making me feel hurried, dumb or anything else (including the fact that I had some fairly strong painkillers at the time, and wasn't as cogniscant as normal), selling me a few little cheap extras that's made my life infinitely easier) and then remembering me a week later and asking how it went. I have a cheap, fantastically operating system and I am genuinely stoked to be able to go to a plastic tap, pour a really good beer and drink it down.

Speaking of the beer, I'll put the recipe up, photos (once I figure out my wife's iphone and how to get it to play with a non-apple based OS) and feedback about a new hop that I've now got two brews based in part on. FTW - any student (I've just paid my HECS bill off) - this is an uber cheap brew.

Goomba

You might be ok with a shorter "squat" corny keg. I've got two of them, and they are great becuase they hold the same, but they are a bit fatter, and a bit shorter and fit on the compressor hump in my chesty and allow me to still close the lid. Without them, i'd only be able to fit two kegs into my chesty instead of four...They are not for sale either <_<

Heh, went over for a look, yea... Not gonna work with the regular size kegs I got :(
Lol, had it pictured in my head, strap an aircraft fire extinguisher style harness to the coola can and drill hole, get line into the fridge and .... Ok, that plan is dust :p

Hunt for an apartment friendly keg fridge continues...

Another question for you chaps with chest freezer kegerators...

It turns out with 4 kegs I wont be able to fit my co2 tank & regulator inside my freezer, so it's going to need to sit outside.

What's the ideal way of passing the gas through the collar and into the manifold? Drill an 8mm hole through the collar, slide in the gas line, and have a JG connector on either side? Then there's the temperature probe / 12V computer fan wiring that needs to enter the box somewhere as well... I would love to see some pics of how others have done it...

Cheers! :icon_cheers:

I would love to see some pics of how others have done it...

Cheers! :icon_cheers:

Have you read this thread ?????? With just a quick scroll through the first 4 or 5 pages I saw a couple of ways people have done it ... I know there are about 60 pages but its all in there ...

You could go a bigger hole put everything through and silicon it all inplace ..

cheers

Latest posts

Back