Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
halfinch said:
hey doc, great set up how about a piccy with the lid open?

Sorry for the delay. Been flying back to Oz.
Can do. Will dig some out tonight.

Beers,
Doc

Here is inside the freezer.

60._Gas___Beer_Lines.jpg

Here is just the lid up from another angle to show the internal and external collar.

KegFreezerConversion_075.jpg

And here are the lines in the beer line trunking etc.

31._The_lines_from_the_side.jpg

Beers,
Doc

The internal collar sits on top.
The external collar keeps it in place.

Beers,
Doc

I feel a GMK reply not far away :ph34r:

Batz

Thanks for the info Linz, and the pics from everyone. Gives me a good idea of what to aim for with food for thought. :)

I got around to getting a keg system together, just gassing up my first ever keg now.
I have got a beer gun - no taps as of yet, still waiting for a good price for some taps for a 3-way andale tap setup.

One question, there are a lot of chest freezer users around here, how do you stop it from freezing the beer in the lines? (or even the whole keg)

EDIT: Can anyone help me out as to where to get some taps for this style of post? (see photo)

DSCN1680__Medium_.JPG

DSCN1682__Medium_.JPG

DSCN1685__Medium_.JPG

Hey Muga,

If you are using a chest freezer you can either alter the thermostat or buy an external one that plugs into the power cord and turns the freezer on and of at set temps. Pretty useful if you are wanting to ferment at lower temps for lagers :beerbang:

Try this thread for some more info.

Jye

Jye said:
Hey Muga,

If you are using a chest freezer you can either alter the thermostat or buy an external one that plugs into the power cord and turns the freezer on and of at set temps. Pretty useful if you are wanting to ferment at lower temps for lagers :beerbang:

Try this thread for some more info.

Jye
[post="67822"][/post]​

Thanks, loads of information there.
I think I might see if there is a good second hand freezer for a good price, it's a much better setup, only thing is - what would the power usage of a chest freezer with a pump running to keep the pole frosty?

Jye said:
I love looking at all the pics...you get so many ideas :D

Heres my setup, simple but effective. Holds 2 kegs, extinguisher and cube.
[post="67522"][/post]​

Me too :)
Mine could hold 4 kegs if I put some kind of base over the compressor hump. I might get around to that one day.
Here's a couple of my simple setup.

1.jpg
2.jpg

Had to move to the new fridge prematurely due to problems with the old one.
I havent got my font and tap set up yet or built my bar, so not sure where to put the hole/holes yet there fore the CO2 is in there as well for the time being.

new_fridge.jpg

G Day
I like all you set ups
heres mine
The first 2 are my big fridge
The next 2 is my portable, the keg goes under the bowl that I fill with ice
and the last is my latest toy,I gess Ill have to build a bar now
CHEERSIMGP0854.JPG

Attachments

• IMGP0856.JPG
    IMGP0856.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 308
  • IMGP0857.JPG
    IMGP0857.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 472
  • IMGP0858.JPG
    IMGP0858.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 482
  • IMGP0792.JPG
    IMGP0792.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 428
I love the ceramic two tap font. Very very nice.
I've always got my eye out for a four tap + ceramic font for my bar.
The portable setup looks very swish too.

The gallery should be back up very shortly, so you can post the pics in more detail.

Beers,
Doc

Mmmmmmm gallery (homer simpson voice)

Won't that be getting a workout when it's up and running :D

And I also love the ceramic font. Very tidy.

Offline - how does your regulator perform whilst in the fridge - humidity etc? I've heard that it can be a bad thing, but I haven't seen any evidence to support or contradict.

Offline - how does your regulator perform whilst in the fridge - humidity etc? I've heard that it can be a bad thing, but I haven't seen any evidence to support or contradict.

haven't had a problem yet, it will be external when I decide where to put the hole for the gas line, to make room for another keg inside. i also haven't seen any evidence either way.

Nearly have my "new" keg fridge finished ...so it will be out with the old and in with the new!! :D

I picked up the big unit at a garage sale, gave it coat of off-white marine 2pac, new seals, threw one of warbs giant stickers on the front and finished it with a few taps fron BD.
Have gone from two keg capacity to six ...and earned a lagering fridge in the process :super:

Here's some pics...

oldie.JPG

oldie1.JPG

newbie.JPG

taps.JPG

newfull.JPG

sidebyside.JPG

Jimmy - u might want to replace the plastic tray with something more substantial ie pineboard or mdf. i presume the stubbies underneath are holding it up ? :)

Latest posts

Back