Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...yeah redbeard, I'm miles ahead of you on that note. All the kegs on display in the photo are empty. I've got a nice piece of marine ply picked out to become the new shelf when the fridge is ready for action.

and yes, those are cans of fourex (we love it up here) holding up the shelf :D

Hi all,
I have finally got around to posting some pics of my keg set up. early stages yet. Watch out for future improvements.

Cheers
Brad T

Beer_Fridge_004.jpg
Beer_Fridge_005.jpg
Beer_Fridge_007.jpg
Beer_Fridge_008.jpg

BradT

Is that a can of VB is see hidden behind the can of Bundy on the right? :ph34r:

:p Asher for now

Yes Asher
I must fess up, it is a can of VB. It was in a christmas hamper that SWMBO was given about 3 years ago, I can honestly declare that I personally have not drank VB for about 15 years, thats why it is still in the fridge. One day I will get around to tossing it out or giving it to some philistine that won't know or care about the difference between real beer and VB.

Cheers
Brad T

I think the more pertinent question is how the hell Asher can tell its a VB can. I would assume that you would have to really know and love your VB to spot it from such an obscure angle with only a smidge of the can showing.

Do you love your VB Asher? Come on, fess up!

Cheers
MAH

Yep MAH I'm currently the owner of a 6 pack myself. Bit of a similar situation to Brad in fact.... I mate rocked up with a six pack of VB tinnies for my birthday,,,, then got stuck into the good oil and left me them! :angry:
But don't worry I have a plan... He's gone to Libya for 2 years to work, so I have currently got the six pack lagering in my shed... a couple of summers @ 45 degrees should finish it off nicely.... Then I'll present them to him on his return to the lucky country.... :beerbang:

Hijack over...

Asher for now

ok guys, thought i'd put up my keg setup...

this setup is only 2 days old, so it's still in it's development stages! :lol: ... (only just finished laying the concrete ontop of the retaining wall last week!

you can see where the hole saw packed it in cutting the opening for the tap, but it's on now and it rocks.. :super:
DSCF1903.jpg

not much space in there for more than 2 kegs, but it's a start.
DSCF1902.jpg

hey, does anyone know how to remove the freezer section from the fridge so i can gain some more head height (and make use of the drawers that come level with teh compressor hump?).. i want a space to store my liquid cultures and a few glasses...

at the moment the plumbing is only temporary, and in the next few weeks will get another tap, then i'll make a distribution manifold and clean up the system.

D

hey, does anyone know how to remove the freezer section from the fridge so i can gain some more head height (and make use of the drawers that come level with teh compressor hump?).. i want a space to store my liquid cultures and a few glasses...

I have been thinking about cutting the bottom out of my freezer so that it is at the same temp as the fridge, since I dont use the freezer section for anything. I think this would also make the fridge more efficient since the freezer would be helping to cool the fridge section.

Dallas and Jye,
Be very careful with freezer compartments as in some fridge systems the freezer provides the cooling for the main cabinet as well. Best not to play around with the plumbing as you may end up with an expensive insulated box. Fortunately I was able to pick up my fridge( no freezer) and matching upright freezer ( for SWMBO who thinks that we need food as well) for $150.00 the pair.

Cheers
Brad T

Brad,

Good point with a fridge like dallas.

My fridge and freezer are separate compartments (freezer isn't inside the fridge) and I was thinking I would have to do it carefully as not to cut any plumbing that might be in the section between the fridge and freezer. Still might not do it out of fear of stuffing the fridge and SWMBO isn't to keen on the idea in case she need the freezer space <_<

Hi there all!
Just finished making a portable six litre keg, and am seriously excited by it!
Stolen the ideas off some people here,sorry, but boy, does it do the trick!
The soda stream injector still has the push button thingo on it and you just have to give it a squirt when the pour is on the slow side!
Thanks for the inspiration! I dont think life gets better than this!
:beer:

portagas.JPG

minikeg.JPG

minikeg2.JPG

Just got my keg system a couple of weeks ago, still need to source a cheap drip dray.

kegfridge2.jpg

kegfridge.jpg

The way frost free fridges work is by the cold air being blown with a fan from the freezer to the fridge section, the walls of the fridge should be pipe free as it's only there as insulation.

The shelf of the freezer on the other hand may or may not have pipes running through it depending on the model so it might be best to make sure you check first, probably best to ring the manufacturer before you go cutting away at anything.

Q: Whats missing from this pic ??
wizzfridge.JPG

:ph34r:

A: a new Ventmatic Tap is all ... :beerbang:

The Wizz fridge was painted by my partner with her airbrush about 3 years ago.

It is used as a second beer fridge because it floods here and it so heavy that it stays upstairs and most of our drinking is done downstairs or out by the pool.

Cheers
fnqbunyip

Ok, not a complete setup yet, but it will be by next Friday :)

I just had the urge to show off what's on my balcony...and it was all for free...even the G-size bottle :beerbang:

set17er.jpg

set29cu.jpg

set32dv.jpg

We'll actually have to open the door for beer as the tap is going to reside inside the locked fridge rather than being door-mounted...there are many reasons for this including insect problems and the local suicidal teens who seem to be unable to keep out of my yard no matter how many times they come close to eating heavy metal :blink:

PZ.

hi guys, a few photos of my home bar and spare fridge.

all ready for summer...

od

:party:

Admin Edit. Removed partial pics.

Can an old dog learn new tricks :ph34r:

(ok so someone deleted the dupes).

Back