Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thunderlips said:
MAH said:
I can then simply write above each tap.
Cheers
MAH
[post="56563"][/post]​

But pretty pictures look so much better :)
[post="56635"][/post]​

Yeah the pictures look good, but the balckboard will let me customise it a bit more. I tend to formulate my own recipes, so with the blackboard I can write up the style, IBU's, OG, %ABV, hops, date brewed etc. I can change this everytime a new brew goes into the fridge.

Cheers
MAH

The missus got some pixi photo's done of the kids. Part of the package (ouch$$), was a fridge magnet "frame" that went around a photo and held it simply to the fridge.

I get heaps of those fridge magnet calendars and other advertising in the mail box which are a decent size. If you used a stanley knife to cut out the inside of one of these to just leave a frame, (getting rid of all teh artwork in teh process) you could size your computer print out to fit under the frame and mount on your fridge.

I'm still hunting for a fridge so haven't tried this but it may be a cost free alternative to some of the ideas above.

Cheers - Richard

PS - I'm pretty sure you can buy magnetic paper for ink jet printers. Looks like standard paper but somehow will stick to a fridge etc???

Plastic Man said:
I get heaps of those fridge magnet calendars and other advertising in the mail box which are a decent size. If you used a stanley knife to cut out the inside of one of these to just leave a frame, (getting rid of all teh artwork in teh process) you could size your computer print out to fit under the frame and mount on your fridge.

[post="56647"][/post]​

another idea could be to use those clear name badge holders that are given to attendees at conferences/training sessions and stick the magnets from those junk mail calendars to the name badge holder. Then just print/cut out a label and insert in the clear holder.

havent tried it myself, but worth a go.

I like the idea of designing a label with each new brew - then when the brews finished the magnet can just be stuck anywhere else on the fridge as a reminder to brews of old - Nothing like a visual trigger to bring back memories....May have to get a bigger fridge though ;)

newbeertaps.JPGnewkegfridge.jpgHere is my rig.
Cheers
Pete

Since you all showed me yours, here's mine. :p

Since I've been loving you.
Jayse

cool006.jpg

cool016.jpg

This is my new fridge (not yet set up)
it holds one more keg then the old one(4 instead of 3)
plus 18 instead of 9 longnecks even though the fridge
is much smaller. Both fridges were free and when i get
it changed over i'll be using the old one to ferment in.

newfridge.jpg

here is my old fermenting fridge (dosen't work)
plus all three in one photo.

fermenter.jpg

setup1.jpg

so this is what ive been doing the last few weekends
holds 4 plus a cube and 5kg extingusher ,its on wheels so i can move it outside in summer -will the font get too warm in perth and should i put a fan in?

beer_006.jpg

Nice one Deadly....put me down for one of them please!

Deadly, the best way to ensure the font doesnt get too warm is to constantly run cold beer through it. And there are quite a few of us in Perth who can help you with that :)

I hope you're coming to the brew meet this weekend? It's always good to see new faces.

the alternitive is to run a small peice of copper pipe inside the font, connevt this to a small pond pump inside the fridge and pump some cold water through the circuit.......or get fancy and run some glycol the same way, get even more techo and put a temp probe insde the font to switch the pump on and off as needed, its actually pretty easy to do

Thanks guys, i'll see how it goes in summer
I hope you're coming to the brew meet this weekend? It's always good to see new faces
I was hoping to make it but i told the minister for finance (who approved the freezer)that when i finished it i would paint the spare room as it too has been an ongoing project :D hope its a good one seeya at the next

I got mine running a couple of weeks ago.

It cost me $80 for the fridge,

The rest was free :ph34r:

Its not what you know its who you know B)

only comercial pub gear here folks :D

cheers folks

I pick up my new fridge tommorrow, I was able to get side by side fridge and freezer( seperate units) in xlnt condition for $150.00 the pair. Fridge for Kegerator,Freezer for SWMBO. To quote a brewery ad campaign "It's all good,Mate"
Guess what I will be doing on the weekend. Will post pics when done.

cheers
Brad T :beer:

My beer tap is on the side of the fridge, that way the lines don't get tangled up when opening door. Can fit 6 kegs in there, plus glasses, yeasts, etc.
arthur

Offline said:
OK

Here is my current setup

and here are my current gun setup
[post="59518"][/post]​

The toolbox as a drip tray that folds up is an excellent idea.

:party:

Latest posts

Back