Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reg,

They are my brew sheets.
The columns are:

Brew #, Brew Name, Alc %, Kegging Date, Any Notes.

Beers,
Doc

here are some pics of my new Keg Fridge - picked it up on sunday.

I need it to house the six kegs for my six way chilled font that i am installing in the bar and the bar room i am building - will post some more pics when i have it all set up.

date of manufacture, 2/1996. but only in use until 2000
Motor..kirby model. ae 12mg 1ks
voltage....50hz

full amps.......2.5
external dimensions.....1270 wide x 1970 high x 660 deep
interior dimensions......1140 wide x 1160 high x 530 deep

space between the side and the centre pillar is 510

Double galzed glass doors.

Now all i have to do is get it off the trailer.

Cost was 425.00
fridge3j.jpg
fridge1j.jpg
fridge2j.jpg

GMK said:
Now all i have to do is get it off the trailer.

[post="56264"][/post]​

Very nice GMK :party: ,

Send it across to Victoria and I'll get it off the trailer for you. :super:

Of course I'll send your trailer back. :lol:

Warren -

That'll look great GMK.
I take it you have tested it all out to make sure it works.
How noisey is it ?

Beers,
Doc

A few pictures of mine that I've posted before. The fridge was a freeby, but needed some cosmetic work. The front had a few choice expletives on it and loads of rust spots. The lads in the workshop agreed to bend up some galv to fit around the old doors. They also bent up a shell for a drip tray into which I placed three house grates.

Since the photo was taken I've made some modifications. The gas is now on the outside, and I have 2 secondary regulators. One runs into a 4 way manifold for ales (which I mainly drink). The other runs into a 2 way manifold for lagers and other highly carbonated beers. Inside there is room for 6 kegs, 5 on tap and 1 carbonating. I use quite a number of 3 gallon kegs, so that with 5 taps I don't have the beer sitting around too long. What I've been doing lately is making a batch big enough for 2 x 3gallon kegs and pitching 2 different yeast.

Next job will be to finish it off by spray painting the sides. I've some auto paint left, in a nice gunmetal grey.

It was a bit of work and a fair bit more money to get it all together, but in terms of increasing the pleasure of brewing, it would have to be the best investment I made. No more cleaning bottles has been fantastic and I no longer have to set aside an afternoon when a beer has finished fermenting.

And unlike what a few people suggested, it hasn't led to an increase in beer consumption. I still drink a very modest amount, but now when friends are over, I'm more generous with my beer because it's just that much easier to produce.

Cheers
MAH

Fridge_2.jpg

Fridge_3.jpg

GMK, do you still have any Anandale taps for sale (the pull down type) as im interested in two.

i have 2 in stock

reconditioned will be 65.00 ea or will do 2 for 125.00...

do u need fridge extensions?

GMK

GMK, i sent you a PM. And forgot to say yes i will need fridge extensions. How much will everything be?

Voota,

I'm picking that fridge has heard more piss-talk than the average barmaid? ;)

Warren -

ha.. yeah i'd say you're not far off. Pitty the fridge is on its way out, it's been going stong for more years than i've been alive.

MAH said:
A few pictures of mine that I've posted before. The fridge was a freeby, but needed some cosmetic work. The front had a few choice expletives on it and loads of rust spots. The lads in the workshop agreed to bend up some galv to fit around the old doors. They also bent up a shell for a drip tray into which I placed three house grates.
Cheers
MAH
[post="56272"][/post]​

MAH, with so many taps how do you know what's what?
Ever thought of some fridge magnets?

magnets1.jpg
magnets2.jpg

Please don't tease me about my beer selection :)

TL,

What a brilliant idea, you've inspired me to print some - though as you asked. no comment on your choice ;) ....

Ross said:
TL,

What a brilliant idea, you've inspired me to print some - though as you asked. no comment on your choice ;) ....
[post="56495"][/post]​

Yep Me too!

How have you done this? any special type of magnet or just anything you can find?

Slugger,

You can buy the blank magnets on a sheet from Harvey Norman, especially designed for computer printing - not sure if you print direct to the magnet or a label though...

Ross said:
TL,

[post="56493"][/post]​

Thanks Ross.
I just take the paper label off the cans and then scan and print them. I got the clear fridge magnets from Ebay.
A recent Coopers Bavarian Lager had me stuffed though, the label was painted on :(

Ross said:
Slugger,

You can buy the blank magnets on a sheet from Harvey Norman, especially designed for computer printing - not sure if you print direct to the magnet or a label though...
[post="56498"][/post]​

These are two peice with a top that comes off. Then you just size the label, cut and place in the magnet and pop the top on. I ended up getting these from this bloke in the UK. I didn't look real hard though so maybe you can get them here for less.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/DIY-Promotional-P...geNameZl2QQtZkm

Also try http://www.selfpromote.co.uk/

Ross said:
TL,

[post="56493"][/post]​

Since you make your own beer, rather than a kit, you'll have some more work to do since you have no label to scan.
Show us what you come up with.

Hi Thunderlips

That's another job I haven't got round to yet. On the freezer compartment I'm going to paint a large rectangle using blackboard paint. I can then simply write above each tap.

Cheers
MAH

Latest posts

Back