Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matplat
You get what you pay for and they look cheap.
I'm very happy with my SS 8022 Intertaps.

Build it once build it right, ..... yeah from the guy on his third (or fourth) keggerator/kezzer! Buy the best quality taps you can, some andale florytes have been floating about the forum(if you want second hand) and are a top quality commercial tap, that have been around for eons. If going perlics or intertaps go SS. Flow control is up to you though does make balancing too easy.

Most guys with Andales love them and would never switch to anything else.

Build it once build it right, ..... yeah from the guy on his third (or fourth) keggerator/kezzer! Buy the best quality taps you can, some andale florytes have been floating about the forum(if you want second hand) and are a top quality commercial tap, that have been around for eons. If going perlics or intertaps go SS. Flow control is up to you though does make balancing too easy.

Most guys with Andales love them and would never switch to anything else.

Yeah, I've definitely suffered from being tempted to buy cheap versions before.... will probably go for intertaps... why does SS get the popular vote? apart from the bling factor, and being able to clean in caustic, I don't see much advantage?

I think hoppy days have a sale on intertaps at the moment too. May be a June sale so get in quick.

Yeah, I've definitely suffered from being tempted to buy cheap versions before.... will probably go for intertaps... why does SS get the popular vote? apart from the bling factor, and being able to clean in caustic, I don't see much advantage?
Anything carbonated will suffer chemical attack from brass. The higher the carbonation, the higher the attack. This is why Post Mix companies will not use any brass in their systems that come into contact with the soda. Some techs say the soda actually becomes toxic. (800 kPa) Commercial beer systems will pick up a flavour taint. (240 - 420 kPa) Domestic beer systems that run at just over equilibrium or slightly higher will not pick up noticeable flavour taint to the untrained palate - but it is there

So I might demonstrate my limited knowledge of material science here, but doesn't the chrome coating get in the way? @Pnutapper

So I might demonstrate my limited knowledge of material science here, but doesn't the chrome coating get in the way? @Pnutapper

All the Chrome plated Brass i have seen, the chrome is for prettiness, and doesnt really fully coat the inside.

Beer is quite corrosive, and will wear the chrome away over time.

Front_sect.jpg

n87 is also correct in what he says. It is quite common to see internals partially or completely uncoated.

EDIT to add: @Matplat

You may find this article interesting. This discussion is addressed toward the end of the page.

http://soda-dispensers.com/tdever/p4.html

Last edited:
Morning all,

Considering the search engine is rooted, and I'm unwilling to read 200 pages that started almost 15 years ago, I apologise if this has been mentioned before.

I'm looking at upgrading from a single pluto gun to a pair of taps, and came across these on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FLOW-CON...%3Af64ed37d15c0ab14de9a36f6ffff3a61%7Ciid%3A1

Just wondering if anyone has used them and if it was a fail or moderate success? No they're not stainless, but neither is my pluto gun and that seems to work fine.

If it pours beer when you want it to, and doesn't leak....

How much for your Pluto gun?

Hi Folks,

My old chesty just died yesterday, so I am in the market for a new one. Any recommendation for fitting 4 kegs?

I'd be more inclined to build a collar and use a proper tap or two.
Opening and closing the door is not the go mate in my eyes.

That is my eventual plan when i get some more funds as im going to be currently using the fermentation freezer until i can get more funds and get a second freezer or cheap fridge for fermentation.

That is my eventual plan when i get some more funds as im going to be currently using the fermentation freezer until i can get more funds and get a second freezer or cheap fridge for fermentation.
Fair enough it looks to be a reasonable price.
I would use two of those clamps on each fitting.
Please send some photos when you get it sorted.

Hi guys,

Looking at getting into kegging, already have a chest freezer I can use for now, found this on eBay https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/302342381651 is it a decent start? All I would need is a co2 tank.

Cheers :)
I strongly recommend skipping a pluto gun and going straight for taps in the fridge. If you aren't prepared to do this yet, $5 plastic picnic taps tend to pour better than pluto guns in my experience.

After checking out the photos on the eBay listing more closely and not getting any communication back on some questions, I've decided just to buy my stuff from keg king instead and just get 2 second hand ball lock kegs, costed up and its practically the same price, just means i will use their reg instead of the micromatic one.

I strongly recommend skipping a pluto gun and going straight for taps in the fridge. If you aren't prepared to do this yet, $5 plastic picnic taps tend to pour better than pluto guns in my experience.

I agree there's nothing like a pluto gun that won't seal shut properly after opening - it turns into a water (beer) pistol causing a stream of beer that can reach 10 metres away!

Latest posts

Back