Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rocker1986 said:
Since when does a kegerator cost 1500 bucks?
3 tap stainless intertap is 680, gas bottle 220, 3 kegs 75 each, hose, fittings, plus delivery equals 1400 via cheaky peak and 1450 via kegking

if that answers your question - here is cheaky peak with cheap shipping but perlick flow control taps - and a small gas bottle

Triple Tap Kegerator with Flow control Perlicks 1.00 $ 830.00 10% $ 830.00
19L Brand new Kegs 3.00 $ 130.00 10% $ 390.00
Tap Spanner (Included) 1.00 $ - 10% $ -
Carbonation/cleaning cap 1.00 $ 13.00 10% $ 13.00
2.6kg Gas Bottle 1.00 $ 150.00 10% $ 150.00
Premium Regulator (Included) 1.00 $ - 10% $ -
Disconnect Beer barb 3.00 $ 6.90 10% $ 20.70
Disconnect gas barb 3.00 $ 6.90 10% $ 20.70
Beer and Gas Line 3.00 $ - 10% $ -
Shipping 1.00 $ 45.00 10% $ 45.00
10% $ -

Subtotal $ 1,469.40
TOTAL AUD $ 1,469.40

Yes if you include all the fittings and taps and shit it will be more but if you've already got a kegerator then it seems logical that you'd already have all the taps etc. as well so you'd only need to buy the unit by itself unless of course it will be a second keg fridge running in parallel with an existing one. You'd still have to buy taps and all the other paraphernalia for it as well though which would still add up.

I bought a small fan, probably about 50mm for my keezer (210l chest)

Would that be big enough?

Has anyone had mold grow on their wooden collars? Since installing a fan I've seen noticeable condensation on the collar, and after the recent humid weeks in Brisbane it's developed some mold spots. Any tips on removal and prevention?

Is the mold on the inside or outside of the collar?

mstrelan said:
Has anyone had mold grow on their wooden collars? Since installing a fan I've seen noticeable condensation on the collar, and after the recent humid weeks in Brisbane it's developed some mold spots. Any tips on removal and prevention?
Wipe down with bleach from a spray bottle.
Regarding prevention, anywhere there's moisture, you're gunna have issues.

It's all about house keeping unfortunately.

Finally (almost) finished my Keezer build. I just need to buy one more Perlick tap, sort out the top of the lid (gonna set something in Epoxy resin) & get some sweet tap handles

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1491718802.682244.jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1491718840.350803.jpg

H0U5ECAT said:
Wipe down with bleach from a spray bottle.
Regarding prevention, anywhere there's moisture, you're gunna have issues.

It's all about house keeping unfortunately.
Bleach doesn't kill mould, just changes it's colour. Read this. Pretty sure I've put this up here before.

mofox1 said:
Finally got around to adding done fans to the keg fridge, and HOLY CRAP WHAT A DIFFERENCE IT MAKES!

First pour, it was mid 30's in the shed and what did I get? 2cm head in my tiny GABS glass.

First. Pour.

One fan at the centre rear pointing down, the other on one side directed across the shanks. Plugged into a 12v supply I built into my stc temp controller.

attachicon.gif
1485687338360.jpg
attachicon.gif
1485687374965.jpg
attachicon.gif
1485687395285.jpg
Hey m0f0x, out of curiosity, have you taped the STC temp probe to the wall of your keezer? Doesn't that increase cycling as with my infrared temp gun I've measured the wall temp to be say -20C when the compressor is running to keep the kegs inside at 4C. So wouldn't that mean yours is turning off prematurely and not allowing that natural convection to occur to keep the lot cold?

I read somewhere that taping the probe to the side of a full can of your least favorite drink is the best way. It gives you a good medium between having the temp reading ambient and having it in some water. Havnt tried it though.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Hey m0f0x, out of curiosity, have you taped the STC temp probe to the wall of your keezer? Doesn't that increase cycling as with my infrared temp gun I've measured the wall temp to be say -20C when the compressor is running to keep the kegs inside at 4C. So wouldn't that mean yours is turning off prematurely and not allowing that natural convection to occur to keep the lot cold?
I may or may not have put a piece of foam between the probe and wall... can't recall. That low down there are no coils behind the wall anyway, and with the fans I'm not relying on convection.

Holds temp well enough that I haven't measured the cycle times... The one time I did try, I gave up because it was taking too long. Also have a largish hysteresis (0.8 )...

I do occasionally use my keezer to crash chill a fermenter (while there are still kegs in it), so I'd imagine it probably cycles more than necessary to do that. But on the other hand it also won't freeze my beer lines.

Morning all,

Considering the search engine is rooted, and I'm unwilling to read 200 pages that started almost 15 years ago, I apologise if this has been mentioned before.

I'm looking at upgrading from a single pluto gun to a pair of taps, and came across these on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FLOW-CON...%3Af64ed37d15c0ab14de9a36f6ffff3a61%7Ciid%3A1

Just wondering if anyone has used them and if it was a fail or moderate success? No they're not stainless, but neither is my pluto gun and that seems to work fine.

If it pours beer when you want it to, and doesn't leak....

Morning all,

Considering the search engine is rooted, and I'm unwilling to read 200 pages that started almost 15 years ago, I apologise if this has been mentioned before.

I'm looking at upgrading from a single pluto gun to a pair of taps, and came across these on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FLOW-CONTROL-LONG-SHANK-DRAFT-TAP-HOME-BREW-BEER-FRIDGE-MOUNT-KEGERATOR-ESKY/292157235299?_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=20160908105057&meid=5a7e4d1663f04d419abd2c9590e79ee9&pid=100675&rk=5&rkt=15&sd=162099332360&_trkparms=pageci%3A7ab61349-5d27-11e7-b8e3-74dbd1800491%7Cparentrq%3Af64ed37d15c0ab14de9a36f6ffff3a61%7Ciid%3A1

Just wondering if anyone has used them and if it was a fail or moderate success? No they're not stainless, but neither is my pluto gun and that seems to work fine.

If it pours beer when you want it to, and doesn't leak....

They're okay but not stunning. I find the flow control device a nuisance but you can easily remove it. I only put it for stouts which I under carbonate and force through the tap at high pressure with the flow control set at fairly restrictive.

They are a rear sealing tap so hygiene is not so good and they need taking apart and cleaning regularly. If you spray starsan up the spout when you have finished for the day and put a plastic seal over the tap end they don't need cleaning so often. For seals, go to Bunnings plumbing section where they keep the copper coils, you will often find little yellow soft plastic seals on the floor which have come off the ends of the copper coils. I'm sure they just get swept up and thrown away but they sure make good tap seals.

Back