Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When building the bar, you should take into consideration not only the space you need for your cooling device (freezer/fridge), but also the venting of the hot air it will generate. Some devices only generate heat on the rear panel, but others will get hot on the sides too. You need to dissipate that heat if you want to operate efficiently.

Also, keep in mind that if you end up with a second hand fridge or freezer, you may encounter a failure sooner rather than later, so plan ahead and build something where it's not too hard to replace it with a different model.

G'day and thanks for all the great ideas, here's mine.

Happy Days.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Our little bar setup for my mates cousins wedding that we brewed for. Great fun to bartend and share your beer with everyone. A couple taps were playing up unfortunately but all went pretty well. Took 9 kegs, blew four and the other 5 are close to empty

1471755310947.jpg

Very tidy looking setup there! The sign writing and rustic timber adds a certain je ne sais quoi to the stainless.

:beerbang:

abyss said:
G'day and thanks for all the great ideas, here's mine.

Happy Days.
What's your collar made out of Abyss?

The collar is 138x38mm dressed pine. I made a couple of plates that connect to where the hinges used to be and after siliconing the collar to the freezer I screwed a 90 degree bracket inside each corner that rests against the inside of the freezer.
This means you don't need to have a double collar.
I designed it to be plain and simple as its out in the shed.

hwall95 said:
Our little bar setup for my mates cousins wedding that we brewed for. Great fun to bartend and share your beer with everyone. A couple taps were playing up unfortunately but all went pretty well. Took 9 kegs, blew four and the other 5 are close to empty
How many guests did you serve? I've got my wedding in 2 weeks, and also have 9 kegs. Hoping this will be enough for the 60 guests we have coming.

Rambo said:
How many guests did you serve? I've got my wedding in 2 weeks, and also have 9 kegs. Hoping this will be enough for the 60 guests we have coming.
I think we had around 120ish guests although at least 30 of them were drinking wine. I think 9 kegs would be fine for 60 people

hwall95 said:
I think we had around 120ish guests although at least 30 of them were drinking wine. I think 9 kegs would be fine for 60 people
Sweet I'm serving my homebrew at my wedding in December, planning on 8 or 9 kegs for around 100 guests but plenty of them will be on the wine

Same, I did my own beer for my wedding.
Base your beers on 6 pewr head, then you'll def have enough.

Not everyone will drink beer, there's wine lovers, and those people who apparently won't drink.

ok enough on catering a function lets get back on topic. otherwise start a separate thread peeps

abyss said:
The collar is 138x38mm dressed pine. I made a couple of plates that connect to where the hinges used to be and after siliconing the collar to the freezer I screwed a 90 degree bracket inside each corner that rests against the inside of the freezer.
This means you don't need to have a double collar.
I designed it to be plain and simple as its out in the shed.
I like your dolly under the keezer. I did something similar with mine to just roll it to where it needs to be.
I've just spent the evening replace shit quick connects and crap gas lines so it's getting close to being worthy to be shown

Wolfman1 said:
I like your dolly under the keezer. I did something similar with mine to just roll it to where it needs to be.
I've just spent the evening replace shit quick connects and crap gas lines so it's getting close to being worthy to be shown
I had larger wheels at first but it was a bit too high.

So I've added a few extra bits to my keezer, highlights being three more taps and kegs, a limit switch for the fan, longer shanks to keep the taps cooler, and a 3-way + pass-through secondary regulator with a couple more splitter manifolds coming off the secondary reg. Last bit to do - although not for a while most likely - is a couple of 5-ish litre kegs for small batch stuff and a couple more taps to pour them.

IMG_20160531_203431_result.jpg
IMG_20160531_203509_result.jpg
IMG_20160710_122327_result.jpg
IMG_20160807_200943_result.jpg

Meddo said:
G'day all, finally got my keg freezer mostly finished after getting a fair bit of inspiration from this forum and thread - pretty happy with how it's come up. Just fermenting FWKs with some dry-hopping at the moment until I get some time to have a crack at actual brewing, hoping that I can develop the skills to put some of my own beer in there that's worth drinking... ;)

320 litre Westinghouse freezer, room for six 19 litre cornies plus two halves on the hump, room for up to eight taps at even spacing if I can justify adding to the three Intertap SS flow controls that I've got. All work has been done to the collar so the freezer can be returned to 100% stock if ever required.

Still waiting on a few bits and pieces to turn up - bottle opener, secondary reg, a new PC fan after I snapped a blade on the last one (attaches to the gate hinge), SS tap handles, more beer....

Carport needs a bit of a tidy, too :p

attachicon.gif
IMG_20160307_193451_1.jpg

attachicon.gif
IMG_20160404_200047_1.jpg

attachicon.gif
IMG_20160404_200032_1.jpg

attachicon.gif
IMG_20160323_181133_1.jpg

Holy snappin duckshit ! 6 taps and your considering adding a couple more ?. Fark me.
Btw nice setup,looks very tidy inside I can see a lot of time and effort put into the internal layout.
Cheers..Spog.

IMG_2200.JPG

IMG_2201.JPG

IMG_2202.JPG

I've got my setup in a presentable state now. It just needs a few more kegs in it as having 3 taps and 2 kegs doesn't make mathematical sense.
Its got a Dolly underneath it to move around as I can't open the door in the place it sits in the shed. Blackboard paint around the collar to give it a bit of colour.

Latest posts

Back