• We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.

Kegging Setups

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

hwall95

Reaction score
Mr B said:
What about using a pc fan for circulation, it would use heaps less electrickery than the fridge ones.

I've got a similar fridge (used for fermenting), ad the fans are much more noisy and powerful than required for circulation.
Yeah I have two pc fans I could put in but figured the internal fans themselves suck air in over the elements so that may save the fridge having to turn on as much rather than just using fans for air movement alone. They're not overly large so wouldn't imagine them to use too much power

Moad

Reaction score
Thought I might have posted this already but couldn't find it. Recently moved my keezer under the house and put the taps on the wall after the wife moved her home office out of the house.

mofox1

Wubba lubba dub dub!
Reaction score
Not too shabby Moad. Not too shabby at all.

How do you find the first (few) pours? Does the distance away from the keezer affect it too much?

CoxR

Reaction score
Looks great,
What do you guys do to resolve condensation? I have a Coffin style keezer with 1 fan pulling air from the coffin and another pushing it up to the top where the taps are via a diy font fan.
But every morning I have to wipe a heap of water of the the top of the coffin and I also have to drain a dish that is under the drain outlet 1-2 times a day.
The keezer is located outside on my back deck.

Moad

Reaction score
mofox1 said:
Not too shabby Moad. Not too shabby at all.

How do you find the first (few) pours? Does the distance away from the keezer affect it too much?
Thanks mate

It is only about 20cm for the closest tap and 50cm for the farthest and it is cool under the house. No foaming issues but if I am giving a small sample to someone I'll pour off about 50mls as it can be a little stale from sitting in the lines. Not really an issue although I will get around to insulating it eventually...more important projects to finish at the moment

Moad

Reaction score
CoxR said:
Looks great,
What do you guys do to resolve condensation? I have a Coffin style keezer with 1 fan pulling air from the coffin and another pushing it up to the top where the taps are via a diy font fan.
But every morning I have to wipe a heap of water of the the top of the coffin and I also have to drain a dish that is under the drain outlet 1-2 times a day.
The keezer is located outside on my back deck.
You could insulate with styrofoam, I would say the difference between the outside temp and inside is going to cause issues regardless of what you do

CoxR

Reaction score
I have Styrofoam and that silver insulation material you see at servos they wrap ice in at Christmas.
So yeah I have tried what I thought would work.

swiftyb

Reaction score
CoxR said:
I have Styrofoam and that silver insulation material you see at servos they wrap ice in at Christmas.
So yeah I have tried what I thought would work.
What about lifting up the freezer? Put a drawer or stand or something underneath it - doubles as storage :)

rude

Reaction score
Hey Moad like ya style Mrs out taps in :D :D

Only joking hope she hasn't gone for good just moved office :ph34r:

You could take the back off the collar & make a duct to cover beer line with fan to circulate cold air upwards

Moad

Reaction score
rude said:
Hey Moad like ya style Mrs out taps in :D :D

Only joking hope she hasn't gone for good just moved office :ph34r:

You could take the back off the collar & make a duct to cover beer line with fan to circulate cold air upwards
If only I was so lucky... nah we have a little one due in a few weeks so it was time to move the business out into a real office and reserve the house for a crying shit machine, and the baby.

Good idea with the duct, I was thinking of knocking a hole and making something similar but it hasn't been enough of an issue to push me to doing it

mahcann

Reaction score
G'day fellas! Just finished my kegerator - let me know what you think! Got a fair bit of inspiration from this forum when I was designing it

I've got a complete build log too for those who are interested

http://imgur.com/a/AfgnY

peteru

Here, taste this!
Reaction score
BTW: I attempted something similar while trying to convert an old bar fridge into a lagering/fermenting fridge. I failed at step two, trying to bend the heat exchanger coils ended up with a hiss and the whole project was relocated to the nature strip, the night before council cleanup. :angry:

mahcann

Reaction score
Yeah I wanted a long handle but I think this turned out a bit too long. Never mind, just an excuse to make another!

Fraser's BRB

Reaction score
Looks great mahcann. On another note, Doctor Smurto's sounds a lot like a recipe I brew fairly regularly, makes a good Golden Ale.

Fraser's BRB

Reaction score
I know I've posted it elsewhere, but here's mine. My only regret is not building in a better drain on the freezer as I get ice up issues in the bottom making it a pain to clean out.

That and I now want more capacity.

keezer finished.jpg

keezer lights.jpg

cliffo

Reaction score
I just changed my method for labeling the taps from printed labels to adhesive chalk board labels.

Am liking these much better.

IMG_20160529_140433.jpgIMG_20160529_134830~01.jpgIMG_20160529_140510~01.jpg

Latest posts