Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks bloody awesome!

I plan to do something like that too one day when I have my own house :icon_drool2: :beerbang:

gap said:
That is brilliant.
What is the timber?
thanks mate! Given my lack of woodworking skills I was very pleased with how it turned out. I just made a frame with H2 treated pine and put a plywood skin over it. All of the trim is also just pine, then used Walnut stain to bring it to life and a clear varnish. Below is a pic of how it was pre-stain. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1449195589.619580.jpg

Here's my old setup:

Old keezer.jpg

Served well, the tucker box was free so build cost was essentially the cost of ply and stain (The font was scored for $50 from a pub that I used to fix the poker machines for).

Here's the new setup once the old keeper packed it in:

New keezer.jpg

Essentially built it myself as cheap as I could with what I wanted the end result to look like.

I also have two Valterra pumps that I haven't quite figured out how to incorporate but think that there's room inside each kegerator for a collapsible water container which will allow me two dedicated UK ale/stout hand pumps as well!

Judanero said:
Here's my old setup:

Old keezer.jpg

Served well, the tucker box was free so build cost was essentially the cost of ply and stain (The font was scored for $50 from a pub that I used to fix the poker machines for).

New keezer.jpg

Looks great, can't say so much for the scarf but perfect is always difficult.

Judanero said:
Here's my old setup:

attachicon.gif
Old keezer.jpg

attachicon.gif
New keezer.jpg
Looks awesome mate, I think they spelled 'united' wrong though..

Still cleaning the font after the flood, but the taps are clean and ready.
In the meantime, I had only a tiny bar fridge that fits a single keg, so I decided to move a few kegs to the 500 litre freezer and fit the temp controller and use a pluto gun and attach gas, as required.
Pics:
Freezer.jpg kegs in freezer.jpg

Looks like I've talked the minister of finance and war into a large (~400L) chesty for the replacement keg fridge :D. Going to be getting something in the next few weeks hopefully. Very excited. My previous setup before the fridge died was just a large upright fridge with a couple of beer guns in there.

Plan with this chesty is to gradually upgrade it, will be getting a collar and taps, and I'm aiming to eventually fit a laminated timber top to it so it'll make extra kitchen prep space (pro selling to SWAMBO skills)

Quick question lads what size freezer for 6 kegs with the hump free? Planning the rebuild with a collar and might go all out and frame and clad.

MB

hey MB, that's exactly what mine does: 1000mm left to right; 600mm front to back; 900mm bottom to top. That holds 6 corny kegs and the hump is free for a gas bottle and what not.

Cheers,

mb-squared said:
hey MB, that's exactly what mine does: 1000mm left to right; 600mm front to back; 900mm bottom to top. That holds 6 corny kegs and the hump is free for a gas bottle and what not.

Cheers,
what brand mb?

Mine that I'm in the process of converting fits 6 plus 2 more on the hump. It's a Westinghouse 320 litre.

Rambo said:
Mine that I'm in the process of converting fits 6 plus 2 more on the hump. It's a Westinghouse 320 litre.
Agreed
mine is a Westinghouse 320 litre and it fits 8 kegs (2 on the hump) with an appropriately sized collar

Back