Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive got a 300lt from a scratch and dent place that can fit 8 kegs with the 190mm colar i put on it. It came with 3 baskets so im using 2 for beer hops and yeast.

Les the Weizguy said:
Still cleaning the font after the flood, but the taps are clean and ready.
In the meantime, I had only a tiny bar fridge that fits a single keg, so I decided to move a few kegs to the 500 litre freezer and fit the temp controller and use a pluto gun and attach gas, as required.
Pics:
attachicon.gif
Freezer.jpg
attachicon.gif
kegs in freezer.jpg
Out of interest Les, where'd you score the 1/6bbl/20L-skinny sanke kegs from? I've hardly seen them in aus, would love a couple of them

Out of interest Les, where'd you score the 1/6bbl/20L-skinny sanke kegs from? I've hardly seen them in aus, would love a couple of them
They are actually 10 litre Junior Plus kegs, which I bought on Gumtree.
They just look bigger/taller, as some are stacked and/or sitting on the freezer hump.
I recently bought some (2X) 30 litre Becks kegs off Gumtree too - D coupler. Not sure how I'm going to fit them in that keezer. Maybe a separate kegerator?

Les the Weizguy said:
They are actually 10 litre Junior Plus kegs, which I bought on Gumtree.
They just look bigger/taller, as some are stacked and/or sitting on the freezer hump.
I recently bought some (2X) 30 litre Becks kegs off Gumtree too - D coupler. Not sure how I'm going to fit them in that keezer. Maybe a separate kegerator?
Ahh fair enough. Ahh well, will keep my eye out in future. Those newer 30L slim kegs are awesome, have had them in the industry a few times, they're great from a space perspective.

ShayneRarma said:
Hey Guys,

Thought I'd share my little Keg Fridge setup I made a few months ago, with a little perseverance from "Moady" on here.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=789DA08D084F5C81!50273&authkey=!AOHMzLUUPDgNNfs&ithint=folder%2cJPG

Fits in 2x19L Kegs perfectly, with the 2.4kg gas bottle chained in behind the kegs.
All run off a thermostat to keep the temp constant!

Safe to say, this has been the best addition to the kitchen, ever. :)
Looks neat.
What model westinghouse is that?

doctr-dan said:
Looks neat.
What model westinghouse is that?
Thanks mate.

Its a wrm1300wc, two kegs and the bottle fit perfectly and there is no coils in the top, so you can drill anywhere.

Has anyone got any recommendations for places selling kegerators in Sydney? I've got a quote for a full kegerator set up with 3 kegs etc and it seems way more expensive than I thought ($1700) and I'm looking at alternatives.

BrewedCrudeandBitter said:
Has anyone got any recommendations for places selling kegerators in Sydney? I've got a quote for a full kegerator set up with 3 kegs etc and it seems way more expensive than I thought ($1700) and I'm looking at alternatives.
ESB in peakhurst - although like everyone else they're probably out of stock.

Hi all just a few pics re my set up still a few little things to do but will test it out Friday, can't wait.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

It was pretty well shaded as it was under a tree. It certainly would have got a work out due to not having the proper lid on but it kept temperature of the beer at 5-7 degrees on power level 3 which is about half way.

Just finished this lil' baby.

1453718781795.jpg

In progress build from a few days ago:
1453718821491.jpg

Holds 5 x 19L cornies. Keg king inter taps are looking like a winner so far, the first pour was smooth smooth smooth. Granted, I've only ever used Pluto guns before, but oh my malted goodness it was good.

Liking the new gas manifold too, looking forward to not having to switch around the gas connect every time I switch beers.

Still a couple of things to improve... The lid moldings are a little shagged, going to replace the front with something a bit nicer, and will eventually mount the stc in the lid. I need some fans for air recirc inside, and if course some nice hanging labels to show what's on tap.

And for something that probably belongs in the ghetto thread... Found out the barbs on the shank were a bit small and didn't really hold the beer line well. I had some stepless clamps but no tool (just couldn't do it with pliers)... enter stage hack:
1453719533002.jpg

What you're looking at is two pieces of t shaped aluminium extrusion gaffa taped to a vice, with a section filed down for stepless clamp gripping joy. Oddly enough, I'm rating this over finishing the keezer.

Edit: no idea why the last pic is showing twice. Maybe it's just *that* good...? :huh:

Attachments

• 1453719481395.jpg
    1453719481395.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 109
Uh... No idea. Would be ballpark 300L guess, give or take 50L. Prior to collar it could fit three 19L kegs in the main part, and two 9L on the hump. Plus the gas bottle between kegs.

Aside from the taps, the collar gives me two more 19L spots in place of the 9L's.

But seriously... How cool was the crimping jig?

Edit: Actual answer may come tomorrow when I head out to the man brew cave again.

Very cool jig. Wish i hadda thought of that. I had the same issue with pliers so i use regular hose clamps but i dont think they seal as well as the crimps.

Latest posts

Back