Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
earle said:
I've got a F&P 276L. It can squeeze 5 on the floor with another 2 on the hump with a collar and if the gas is outside. For 4 kegs and a gas bottle, and room for expansion you probably wouldn't need to go much over 300L.
thanks guys I'll be keeping my out for 200-300l chest freezer then

Just picked up (tomorrow morning) a 4yo Westinghouse 320L for 150 bucks.

Might do a coffin keezer build thread to keep you guys entertained at the ineptitude of a painter-cum-estimator trying his hand at being a chippie. Might pick up some useful tips along the way too.

Awesome, thanks. I've got a few ideas of what I want and how to go about it from the net. Thinking something along these lines. Probably longer as I have the room. Up to 1.5m.

Something like this:

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1432798806.596893.jpg

pipsyboy said:
Just picked up (tomorrow morning) a 4yo Westinghouse 320L for 150 bucks.

Might do a coffin keezer build thread to keep you guys entertained at the ineptitude of a painter-cum-estimator trying his hand at being a chippie. Might pick up some useful tips along the way too.
Wow, a cum-estimator, i thought being a diesel mechanic was a dirty job at times...

shaunous said:
Wow, a cum-estimator, i thought being a diesel mechanic was a dirty job at times...
Even then i think you may underestimate just how messy painting while cum estimating can be.

Now now children.

Moving on.

Got this 320 litre chesty

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1432971789.227437.jpg

And I started on the coffin keezer build today.

Day ones efforts

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1432972129.944442.jpg

Can't put any more on as it saying too big.

Basically built the base with recessed castors to drop the height by 50mm. I just cut a hole in the bottom plank with a hole saw.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1432971864.316889.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1432971864.316889.jpg
    888.9 KB · Views: 120
Anyone got a pics of SS taps on a brass font? Does it look OK? A mate has a 4-tap brass cobra font but is considering buying Perlick 650SS taps (not available in brass).

Here's a valid question:

If my 500 litre chest freezer was wrecked in the recent Hunter storm, and the insurance wants to pay me $200 compensation, should I insist on a replacement, or how much is it going to cost me?

It's always been a new for old policy...
Les

P.S. I am being given $200 toward refurbishing the 6-tap font, hoses and taps, which were upside-down in the filthy flood water

send them a quote for a new equivilent.
I got new for all my storm damaged stuff... i also sent through 20MB worth of quotes and double checked their maths every single step of the way.
that meant 3 weeks of calling every 2 days, then calling 4 times on the last day to make sure they got it all right.

if they make a mistake, make sure you get on top of them straight away.
Alianz FWIW

n87 said:
send them a quote for a new equivilent.
I got new for all my storm damaged stuff... i also sent through 20MB worth of quotes and double checked their maths every single step of the way.
that meant 3 weeks of calling every 2 days, then calling 4 times on the last day to make sure they got it all right.

if they make a mistake, make sure you get on top of them straight away.
Alianz FWIW
GIO here. Only just came out on Monday, after I contacted last Wednesday.

Seems he wants to settle, rather than replace. Offered $400 for my submerged keg fridge and $200 for the keg/bar fridge.

(*edit - I have 5 fridges - 3 ferment; 2 keg fridges, plus 2 freezers - 500 litre and 340, iirc), and I suppose - plus two dud fridges, which won't fire up, and I am not asking for those to replaced.

Give em the hard line.
Find a reasonably priced (new) equal replacement, and give them the price.

I had to organise everything myself. but i didnt have anything major happen to the house. just a long list of electronics and some damage to the car port roof.

one big one. Dont accept anything less than what you can get a replacement for (new or used). cause otherwise you are out of pocket.
Insurance is there for these instances. Make the claim worth it

Settling is a tactic the insurance companies use to pay you less than you're entitled to. When they send heaps of staff to disaster areas they're not doing it because they're good guys, they want to offer you a settlement figure much lower than you're entitled to in the hope that you'll accept it because you're upset from whatever disaster has just occurred and just want to start getting things fixed and replaced. By the time you realise you've been short-changed you're in a position where it will take costly legal action to get the rest out of them.

They certainly did that with some of my childhood books (in my first flood at Medowie), which I worked out later were out of print and costing up to $200 each to replace.

earle said:
Settling is a tactic the insurance companies use to pay you less than you're entitled to. When they send heaps of staff to disaster areas they're not doing it because they're good guys, they want to offer you a settlement figure much lower than you're entitled to in the hope that you'll accept it because you're upset from whatever disaster has just occurred and just want to start getting things fixed and replaced. By the time you realise you've been short-changed you're in a position where it will take costly legal action to get the rest out of them.

You think you know ghetto? You don't know shite.

Here's the situation. I get given a free keg of Fat Yak but I gave kegging away years ago. So...1 x 44g drum, place keg inside then fill with ice. Find some old fittings, dodgy up some hoses, borrow some CO2 and kick this *&^$%&*R$ in the guts.

Ghetto 105.JPG

Hole saw, mount tap, set reg, drink, drink, drink. Don't judge me, we are but poor, simple country folk.

Ghetto 110.JPG

Latest posts

Back