Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good everyone!

I added a little finishing touch to my keezer. After months of using rags on the ground to soak up the drips, I have decided I need a drip tray. Inspired from some pics here, from fellow keezer owners whom have similar freezers with coils running all the way down the sides, I figured out a nice way to mount one. Hopefully it inspires others to make even better and even more better looking solutions for their keezers.

That is some jack chain I pinched from work, the hardest part was getting the timber stained to the right colour as my collar, which I got close, but still not perfect. I may double sided tape the timber to the keezer to stop it swing around a bit, but so far it doesnt move too much at all. Will be picking up my drip tray today and see how it goes.

Cheers

I can click on the url and se the pics...didnt show up as images in the post though.

great idea for mounting a drip tray!

Scott, if your game at drilling into the wall of your keezer ( carefully ) see if you find a piece of ally channel to suit the mounting board,then pop rivet it to the side,slide the board in and bung a couple or small screws through the channel underneath to hold it on place.

I plan on using a big rare earth magnet to hold my drip tray for my keezer build later this year. Sounds good in theory. :D

No holes, no risk of magic gas escaping due to errant drill holes.

Angus, I had a similar setup on my old keg fridge but lost a few schooners one night when a mate was pouring them and leaving the full ones on the drip tray and eventually the magnets gave way, losing beer and glass in the process.

I may have had undersized magnets, but if you are going down that path, get some heavy duty rare earth magnets!

That, or have a sign saying not to leave full glasses on the tray when filling :D

All good until the future war over rare earth metals, they'll be comin' fo' yo' keezer!!!

mckenry said:
So I finally finished my outdoor mobile bar projects. 10 taps for parties, including my old english handpump on the wine barrel.
The bars are made from blackbutt and mini-orb. I pinch my 6 tap goal post font from my inside bar for one and the other has a dedicated 3 tap T bar.

attachicon.gif
FullSizeRender (1024x726).jpg

attachicon.gif
FullSizeRender (1) (1024x648).jpg

attachicon.gif
IMG_2116 (1024x768).jpg
mckenry, where'd you get those smaller tap handles - they're exactly what I'm looking for.

tiprya said:
mckenry, where'd you get those smaller tap handles - they're exactly what I'm looking for.
ESB in peakhurst. Theyre listed here at $14 but I bought them instore and from memory they were only about $6. Not long ago either.

Hmm, good point Sponge. Would need to be very strong magnets to survive a night with enthusiastic mates..

Going to have a timber surround so I'll just screw it to that instead.

If your going to screw the drip tray into the timber surround, I'd recommend using a couple of vertical timber pieces between the freezer and the surround/cladding.

This will give you a space to encourage air flow around the freezer and allow it to cool.

Also will give you a solid brace to screw in your drip tray. Or bracket for your drip tray.

The negative is, that your surround will be a little bit further from your freezer so longer shanks will make life easy.

No probs, I cladded mine in dressed pine boards. But left a 70mm gap on the left side and a 300mm gap on the right.

But because I didn't have the gap/vertical timber at the front, it was difficult for the drip tray and I had to use 3 brackets instead of 2.

Was planning to expose the cooling part if at back of freezer or some venting if on sides.

Good tip about the gap at front. Might screw some sheet metal on inside of front timber section for drip tray.

Best option is to leave a gap of some distance around all sides. The flow allows it to cool properly.

The back of mine is completely uncovered as it sits up against the wall anyway.

I see some keezer builds have lined the inside of the crest freezer with metal or silver insulation? Is it purely cosmetic or does it actually do something?

Freezers are painted white on the inside as this is a non absorbing colour , ever stood on bare foot on the road during summer then stood on the white line to stop your feet burning.
Unless the inside of the freezers paint is knackered I see no reason to do it,apart from adding expense and being a PITA to line the freezer it would achieve SFA in insulation as well as giving nasties some where to hide.
Cosmetic .

Back