Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ well there's a use for ring lock I hadn't thought of! (Not real ring lock unless it has some tufts of wool / cow hair stuck in it tho!)

Hi All,
Pretty much finished my new bar.
Papua New Guinean merbau, trimmed with Tassie Oak.
Font is a 6 tap flooded goalpost. Taps are flowcontrol perlicksand handles are long stainless.
Underneath the font is a chest freezer, controlled by a fridgemate. Its tall enough that I didnt have to make a collar, and big enough that I can fit 6 kegs, the gas bottle, 6 way maifold all inside. I will add a federation switch to run the pump for flooding - but it wont ice up as the freezer will only be running at 4-6. It does 'sweat' though and the taps get cold just pouring beer. The labels for the decals were done by my 13yo daughter using photoshop.

Its in my shed at the moment, hence the blocks and extension lead, but after my coming shindig, it will be moved into the living room.

On a side note My old bar is here and will be for sale eventually.

photo__2_.JPG

photo__4_.JPG

photo__3_.JPG

photo__6_.JPG

cheers,
mckenry

Now that's something to be proud of! Very impressive :) The labels look great!

Nice setup McKenry you should be very proud of your handy work :beer:

I did place a few pics the other week of my bar are but as I was brewing in there at the time the pics went under the topic of 'Show us your brewcave'

I have since finnished the last couple of jobs like rendering the bas of the supports and I built the cupboard under the sink. Just waiting on a few bar stools but I was informed that Santa may be bringing them :D

So here are some pics of the final product, I did not include any pics of the inside of the chesty as it looks like any other chesty with beer lines, gas lines and a fan :p

Mancave_final.jpg

Backyard_57256_19_11_12.jpg

Font.jpg

Backyard_57257_19_11_12.jpg

That's awesome! :) Does the heat from the pizza oven cause any issues? They get bloody hot :)

No the oven was heavily insulated when I built it to maintain temp and reduce any heat issues externaly. The oven can be 400 plus inside and just slightly warm to the touch outside :)

Hi All,
Pretty much finished my new bar.
Papua New Guinean merbau, trimmed with Tassie Oak.
Font is a 6 tap flooded goalpost. Taps are flowcontrol perlicksand handles are long stainless.
Underneath the font is a chest freezer, controlled by a fridgemate. Its tall enough that I didnt have to make a collar, and big enough that I can fit 6 kegs, the gas bottle, 6 way maifold all inside. I will add a federation switch to run the pump for flooding - but it wont ice up as the freezer will only be running at 4-6. It does 'sweat' though and the taps get cold just pouring beer. The labels for the decals were done by my 13yo daughter using photoshop.

Its in my shed at the moment, hence the blocks and extension lead, but after my coming shindig, it will be moved into the living room.

On a side note My old bar is here and will be for sale eventually.

View attachment 58725

View attachment 58727

View attachment 58726

View attachment 58728

cheers,
mckenry

That is fantastic. A simple yet elegant good quality setup. Pretty much exactly the bar/font setup I'd love to have for the rear deck.

That is fantastic. A simple yet elegant good quality setup. Pretty much exactly the bar/font setup I'd love to have for the rear deck.
Ta. Exactly what I was trying to do. 6 taps should reduce the number of keg swaps!

After some thoughts for my portakeg setup.

Just sat togeather for now, top has been sanded and needs coating, but honestly I'm not sure what to do with the PVC. I was thinking blackboard black, but perhaps just a square to write the contents on. Would like to do a solid colour, as that suits my artistic skill. Thoughts?

8248583673_8fcd036b71_c.jpg

8248577685_79c2350247_c.jpg

DA tap and font, total of about $60 :)

After some thoughts for my portakeg setup.

Just sat togeather for now, top has been sanded and needs coating, but honestly I'm not sure what to do with the PVC. I was thinking blackboard black, but perhaps just a square to write the contents on. Would like to do a solid colour, as that suits my artistic skill. Thoughts?

8248583673_8fcd036b71_c.jpg

8248577685_79c2350247_c.jpg

DA tap and font, total of about $60 :)

Solid matt black so it can be written on with chalk.

What's going on inside there?

Insulation or room for ice?

Solid matt black so it can be written on with chalk.

What's going on inside there?

Insulation or room for ice?

Planned to put ice inside, and will probably stay with that. Has room inside for the gas bottle too, got a SS bottle to go inside.

Figured I'd post a pic up of the finished product in here, some may have missed the drip tray thread.. Will get another once I get my trolley done!

image.jpg

Started on a kegging setup. I have ordered 4 kegs, 3 taps, a font, 320L Westinghouse chest freezer and a few other bits and pieces. All I need now if a CO2 bottle, regulator and everything to be delivered and then I can start my build (hopefully finished before new years).

Does anyone have a 320L Westinghouse chest freezer? It should fit the 4 kegs in it no problems but I would like to know how many kegs I can expect to fit.

My chesty is a 340L kelvinator, it holds 6 without the hump, I could probably do 8 with it, but I don't have the basket for glasses!

Jurt thank. Thats good to know. Now if I can get 6 kegs running in mine ill have to get another font... How unfortunate lol

Okay, 2nd keg is full, now I have to find a place to squeeze it into this 250L fridge.

P1130833resize.jpg

Latest posts

Back