Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks adryargument... Ill look for a timber yard and see what I can see but I was leaning towards pine with dark stain, its not like anyone will notice anyway so whats the point (apart from because I want to)... Not 100% on option 2 and I ruled out option 3 before I even started this build (I hate MDF)...

Ok just over an hour and a Chimay Grande Reserve down (very nice beer) and I have completed the lid (well 2 actually) The first has 2 supports, I think this would be the better for a single font setup (boviously removing the wood in the way of your drip try if its really large) the second option I feel is better for me as I plan to run 2x separate fonts (I only have 1 at the moment) I also have a habit of over building everything I do.

View attachment Keezer_Lid_2x_Support.pdf

View attachment Keezer_Lid_3x_Support.pdf

Here is a pick from the back (lid lifted off the base 5ish cm)

xxNYh.png

And finally from the front (lid lifted off the base 5ish cm again)

XryX8.png

I will hopefully start building this on the weekend (the frame at least). Let me know what you think... I just hope this doesn't turn out better than my actually attempt.

Eddit: The Chimay was a good beer in more than one way. Fixed some spelling and hopefully made it easier to read.

Pics of keezer just finished (thanks to the scrupulous hours spent browsing the forums and pics for tips ) and waiting to cool before pouring the first glass. Was F&P 160L painted in gloss black epoxy enamel, with two coats of polyurethane on top.
I kept trying to get the hinges/tension rods back on with brute force, but thanks to another post here I found out the trick and was so easy in the end.

Collar is made from a peice of spotted gum, biscuits and glue (no screws), cheers to my old mans wood working gear. Polyurethane foam sheets cut to size for extra insulation on the inside.

Only thing left to do is get a nice drip tray and attach the temp controller on the side (with magnets)

Originally had a keg king kegerator but was none too impressed by it, so sold and the proceeds went to build this keezer instead.

Keezer1.jpg

don't mind the 'forsters light' tap handles the other half found them and i think the look pretty groovy, the other pic shows some old screw driver handles i cleaned up.

Keezer2.jpg

Perlick flow control taps, cannot wait to try them out.

Keezer3.jpg

Ok still have stuff in the mail but the suspense was getting to me so I have put as much together as I can. The keg is still flat but but I am able to pour a beer from a tap at home :beerbang:

I only have a poor quality phone camera pick but here is my first test pour. I have not put a frame on it yet or even fastened the font down, have to wait for the wife to get home so I can pop out to the green shed and get me some long bolts for it. I will be putting clading around it later but I have a christmas party and I wanted this working before then.

6kIgv.jpg

Pics of keezer just finished (thanks to the scrupulous hours spent browsing the forums and pics for tips ) and waiting to cool before pouring the first glass. Was F&P 160L painted in gloss black epoxy enamel, with two coats of polyurethane on top.
I kept trying to get the hinges/tension rods back on with brute force, but thanks to another post here I found out the trick and was so easy in the end.

Collar is made from a peice of spotted gum, biscuits and glue (no screws), cheers to my old mans wood working gear. Polyurethane foam sheets cut to size for extra insulation on the inside.

Only thing left to do is get a nice drip tray and attach the temp controller on the side (with magnets)

Originally had a keg king kegerator but was none too impressed by it, so sold and the proceeds went to build this keezer instead.

View attachment 59343

don't mind the 'forsters light' tap handles the other half found them and i think the look pretty groovy, the other pic shows some old screw driver handles i cleaned up.

View attachment 59344

Perlick flow control taps, cannot wait to try them out.

View attachment 59345

Lovely Job. In Awe!!!

First Tap all hooked up.. only took 2 goes, Id put a hole in the beer line with my first attempt so wore a bit of it.. :lol:

1 more to install and 2 lines to follow, Im well chuffed that I dont have to open the bloody door every time I want to pour one!

1.JPG

I still need to fit a SS backing plate to the inside of the door

2.JPG

Still need to fit 1 more tap, I have it, just need to service it first

3.JPG

My first 'real' pour... pluto gun and opening the fridge door every time doesnt count ;)

:beer:

Looks awesome Yob. Im still at pluto gun and open the door stage but my next step will be to put some taps in the door.

Does this hobby ever stop taking your money?? :icon_cheers:

Good work Yob finally. We should be running books on how long it will be before your 3rd tap goes in :icon_chickcheers:

I would like a minute of silence please. Today my keggorator died.

I am pressed for time so I won't be able to look through the depths of this thread for some time*, I have not really looked at it since I built my keggorator... but can anyone suggest a good reliable make/model of freezer for making a keezer w/ collar? I am looking at at least 6 keg capacity, perhaps 8 and I am thinking of moving my hop stash to the keggorator on the humpty hump. I threw out about 5 or 6 kilos of hops today.

Do anyone know of a valved gas manifold that comes in MFL or BSP in/out so I can use pushfits of some kind?

I have a dual MM reg setup and I would like to be able to be a bit more versatile and neat with my setup, so a manifold for each pressure with options for force carb lines and aux gas lines for purging tasks (especially if I am moving my hops out of the freezer).

*WPMO nomination

I would like a minute of silence please. Today my keggorator died.

I am pressed for time so I won't be able to look through the depths of this thread for some time*, I have not really looked at it since I built my keggorator... but can anyone suggest a good reliable make/model of freezer for making a keezer w/ collar? I am looking at at least 6 keg capacity, perhaps 8 and I am thinking of moving my hop stash to the keggorator on the humpty hump. I threw out about 5 or 6 kilos of hops today.

Do anyone know of a valved gas manifold that comes in MFL or BSP in/out so I can use pushfits of some kind?

I have a dual MM reg setup and I would like to be able to be a bit more versatile and neat with my setup, so a manifold for each pressure with options for force carb lines and aux gas lines for purging tasks (especially if I am moving my hops out of the freezer).

*WPMO nomination

:(

I had a 320L Westinghouse Chesty and with a collar would hold 8 kegs (6 on the floor 2 on the hump) . Plenty of room in it to mount some gas manifolds aswell. Checkout ChiCompany for the manifolds as they have alot of customisation available which might suit you better.

Link Power!: - http://www.chicompany.net/

Built my girlfriend this kegerator for Christmas.

She likes the new 'retro smeg' fridges so I designed it as such. Running two kegs on Micromatic Taps with the potential to have two with Brumby Taps.

I brewed a Hefeweizen, Simcoe Pale Ale and mixed up a Rum & Coke for the rest of her family.

IMG_1141.JPG

Went down a treat!

Built my girlfriend this kegerator for Christmas.

She likes the new 'retro smeg' fridges so I designed it as such. Running two kegs on Micromatic Taps with the potential to have two with Brumby Taps.

I brewed a Hefeweizen, Simcoe Pale Ale and mixed up a Rum & Coke for the rest of her family.

View attachment 59582

Went down a treat!

Im sure my wife would not appreciate a great gift like that

Stoked!! Sounds petty but does anyone know how to turn the flow control around so they face the same way?

0E3A120E-AAB3-4AB8-8332-49E3F8ECBB65-6139-0000072D554C9ADA.jpg

Stoked!! Sounds petty but does anyone know how to turn the flow control around so they face the same way?

0E3A120E-AAB3-4AB8-8332-49E3F8ECBB65-6139-0000072D554C9ADA.jpg

The flow control knob has a thread, I just screwed it off, turned it round and screwed it back on. Just have to give it a slight push in before screwing it back on. I can't remember whether I took the liquid out post off before doing it, but no liquid leaked out or anything.

Back