Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
197465_10151269066157947_658106779_n.jpg

gave my kegging fridge a little bit of tlc the wooden handle BB paint.

A while ago I was trying to borrow some gear for a superbowl party im throwing in a couple of days My usual set up is for three taps however I made the outlandish claim of having 7 beers. So Ive made a cheap and nasty font/tap/drip tray combo. Font is just pvc pipe, drip tray I made from some MDF and an old dish rack and the taps are obviously broncos. The beer will be chilled in a 120L storage box filled with Ice and salt water. Ive also attempted to flood it with some vinyl hose and filling the bottom of the font with silicone. Havent tested this yet. Not sure if the silicone will take to the hosing too well.
20130131_142155.jpg

20130131_142234.jpg

Hello all
Just thought I would post some pictures of my keezer.
Built this about 8 months ago with heaps of help reading AHB forums.
It is a F&P h220 chest freezer and can fit up to 5 kegs and 2.6kg Co2 cylinder at a squeeze.
I went for the converted thermostst and it works perfectly.
140mm high collar can accommodate my 23l schweppes kegs and corneys on the hump.

Keezer.jpg

2.JPG

1.JPG

Kegs.jpg

Seifer said:
A while ago I was trying to borrow some gear for a superbowl party im throwing in a couple of days My usual set up is for three taps however I made the outlandish claim of having 7 beers. So Ive made a cheap and nasty font/tap/drip tray combo. Font is just pvc pipe, drip tray I made from some MDF and an old dish rack and the taps are obviously broncos. The beer will be chilled in a 120L storage box filled with Ice and salt water. Ive also attempted to flood it with some vinyl hose and filling the bottom of the font with silicone. Havent tested this yet. Not sure if the silicone will take to the hosing too well.
20130131_142155.jpg

20130131_142234.jpg
Ghetto font! Awesome

Finally got a bit of time to install the other 2 lines and the other shank / tap

just need a bit of blackboard paint and it's done

... and to move it into it's final position in the wall beside the brew rig :beerbang:

3 pouring taps... what a world :lol:

Yob

Finally!!... :lol:

Looking the goods now mate. It's like an exam.... I always liked multiple choice than the alternative. :beerbang:

Edit: just curious, what size is that keg you have on the top?

Yob said:
Finally got a bit of time to install the other 2 lines and the other shank / tap

just need a bit of blackboard paint and it's done

... and to move it into it's final position in the wall beside the brew rig :beerbang:

3 pouring taps... what a world :lol:

Yob
Great set up Yob............................... :beerbang:

It's not much, but this is what I've got so far:

bAbCxdil.jpg

AJjA5l.jpg

Future plans are to upgrade the fridge to a chesty sitting around the corner outside the bar, and running a python to a 4 tap flooded font mounted in the bar.

Some great setups guys :)

Got my kegs sorted today after receiving the final bits and pieces for it from ebay. My setup isn't fancy or technical but i'm still happy with it. Picked this fridge up for $50 bucks, it works great and it's next to perfect cosmetically. Will paint the freezer part with blackboard paint to finish it. I have a single carbonating line here, but I also have a dual spitter line to carbonate both 19L corney kegs. Plan to ferment two 20 litre batches at a time and get into a cycle. At the moment it's the Little Creatures Pale Ale clone and my own porter recipe. Next up is a tea saison and a belgian strong ale.

CO2 cylinder is brand new with a Tesuco regulator (KPA but I have a PSI conversion chart), and it should last me a long bloody time before I have to refill lt judging by the specs :p

Couldn't be bothered with drilling holes and having exterior taps, so went with the two pluto guns. Scored some cheap plastic holders from Bunnings. I have the option of crossing the lines over for the "wild western" pluto gun aesthetic (joking). Still room either side of cylinder for bits and pieces.

10gxo5k.jpg

Gazeboar is this setup for photo purposes only - one of the kegs must be missing a lid!

both the lids look like they are off but so are both gas lines.... all looks so nice and new :)

Kiwimike said:
Gazeboar is this setup for photo purposes only - one of the kegs must be missing a lid!
You mean I'm supposed to have the lids on while I carbonate the beers? :huh: :D
Haha... of course, photo purposes only, the other lid was on top of the fridge. I've checked for leaks in the lines and everything is perfect. Just wanted to get a rough idea what it'd look like before I set it up properly for carbonation. Still ten days away :)

matho said:
fridgesetup2_zps6eb2b864.jpg

with driptray

Was inspired by Matho's woodscheme, and decided I needed a more capable setup than my single miracle tap keg for my sister's engagement party the next day...

So went to bunnings... bought some stuff... and whipped this up :)

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:7045]

I built it friday morning, my wife varnished and painted the blackboard area that night a few times, and I finished the hardware install in the morning before whisking it and 160L of beer up the coast for a big engagment party

120L later I think it was a success ;)

[sharedmedia=gallery:albums:962]

Well, my new Font arrived last night.

With any luck my diamond-tipped drillbit to drill the holes through the tiles in the bar will arrive early next week, and then I'll be installing this bad boy in the bar:

gBRFmy1l.jpg

I am planning on running a seperate fridge with a 50L tank of water in it to flood at approx 2-3 degrees, as well as keeping the "Python" between the chesty and the font cool so that I don't have to deal with the line warming up and foaming for the first pour.

Back