Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey BJ

Welcome to the forum!

Check out craft brewer (no affiliation etc) they are based in Brisbane and are awesome blokes they will help you out with gear and info.

Here is the link; Craft Brewer

Cheers, Ben

Cheers Ben and thank you !!

I did see this site quite a few months ago and had completely forgotten about it. They are definitely the cheapest kegs i have seen so far !!

BJ

Ive turned this olve in my hand for about 30 mins and feked if I can work out which way the little olive fits into the shank, I expect its the other way to as pictured? I suspect (probably incorrectly that the 'bulb' end fits to the hose? Can anybody clear this up for me?

:icon_cheers:

Olive.JPG

Big end in the hole. Just like you're used to.

Big bit goes in the hose, and the nut does up over the olive. Make sure you put the nut on first before the olive.
You can see it in this pic from when I rebuilt my font:

Untitled by auvortex, on Flickr

new_tap.jpg

keg_5.jpg

keg_2.jpg

Ballantyne Kegerator

Got this little gem off casey on AHB, cheers again mate.

Holds two corny kegs, gold celli and a new brooklyn tap

Would like to get a drip tray and custom mat for the top

Overall very happy

:icon_cheers:

Here's the portakeg I made recently.
It's basically a peice of 300mm stormwater pipe with a plastic base glued in.
The wood on the outside is a cosmetic skin made from resawn oregan verandah posts - 27 in all, each cut to 6.7 degrees.
I finished it in danish oil then 4 coats of gloss polyurethane.
Wrapped some polished stainless hoops around it and installed a Perlick flow control tap to complete the bling factor.

Portakeg.jpg

One step closer with a bit of tinkering yesterday..

1.JPG

One of these kits from The Big green shed.

2.JPG

A few choice curse words were thrown out at Andale.. (I did tell them it was for a fridge fitting) I probably should have gone the longer 75mm 1/2", mine are the 50mm 3/8 Panel adaptors.. with a frikkin hole in the fridge door, failure was not an option so I took myself back to the Big green shed..

3.JPG

With a spare s/s locknut and a brass plumbing fitting I managed to get it fitted

4.JPG

I should easily be able to easily fit 4 19lt and 2 10lt in this bad boy

5.JPG

I have 1 more tap to fit but need another nut to complete the job.

I want to put some seal kits through the taps before I hook them up and run the lines in the fridge hopefully next weekend.

Kegging Rocks :beerbang:

It looks way better in person :)

Thanks Vortex...... cameras do not like focussing on wood. Normally you focus on an edge and move to take the shot but it wasn't working due to the shape. That was the best of a dozen shots.

One step closer with a bit of tinkering yesterday..

View attachment 58393

One of these kits from The Big green shed.

View attachment 58394

A few choice curse words were thrown out at Andale.. (I did tell them it was for a fridge fitting) I probably should have gone the longer 75mm 1/2", mine are the 50mm 3/8 Panel adaptors.. with a frikkin hole in the fridge door, failure was not an option so I took myself back to the Big green shed..

View attachment 58395

With a spare s/s locknut and a brass plumbing fitting I managed to get it fitted

View attachment 58396

I should easily be able to easily fit 4 19lt and 2 10lt in this bad boy

View attachment 58397

I have 1 more tap to fit but need another nut to complete the job.

I want to put some seal kits through the taps before I hook them up and run the lines in the fridge hopefully next weekend.

Kegging Rocks :beerbang:

Looks the goods Yob.
I found the Andale Florytes have almost zero resistance at the tap & you may be a bit surprised how much beer line length you need compared to other taps. I run my fridge at 4degC & serve & carb at 80kpa. I have 4m of 5mm Valpar Flexmaster line & 4.5m would probably be better. I know the smallest amount of line possible the better but I don't have any trouble with bubbles in the line. Occasionally I get a tiny air bubble where the line meets the shank & find the Floryte will spit for a split second when you pour but all taps will build head pressure. I just give the tap & quick on/off to relieve that head pressure & pour as normal.

keg_fridge.jpgMy kezzer is nearly finished all thats needed is a drip tray im bloody happy with how its looking now. started out with the chest freezer and a pluto gun while slowly gitting bits together over the past 12 months :D

Hey guys, thought I'd add to the wonder and brilliance of home bar excellence.

Here's my old bar... currently upgrading for the third time.

6 taps (4 in T bar, and 2 in other... only 3 operating at time of pic). All kept cool in chest freezer with 2 holes drilled in top for beer lines. Beer lines and taps kept cool with x2 air cooling fans into taps (works well considering the simplicity).

Actual bar is made from treated wood beams. Drip trays set in to wood and drilled so they drain into a pair of 4 litre containers behind bar.

The seats are raised 50cm off the ground on a platform to made you feel extra awesome.

Iv learnt alot, and have troubleshooted too many problems to highlight.Thank god its finished. To this day it still impresses the locals.

IMG_0370_1_.JPG

IMG_0372_1_.JPG

Looks the goods mate! I could definitely go a couple of your pale ales!

heres my new one, more pics to come later.
ED3681A5.jpg

complete with a glass of my rauch beer from anhc.

Latest posts

Back