Keggers: Do You Ever Bottle?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottle when all kegs are full, also when the beer warrants it, usually belgians, dubbels, dark strong, beers with bugs etc, stuff that can be kept one year +

I made a big Belgian and got out all my bottles, caps, capper, started to fill the sink and then thought fook it.........had it in a keg 10 minutes later

I'm never bottling again....ever

PITA? These 4 beauties were dragged halfway across the country (Adelaide - Swan Hill).

:icon_offtopic:

Where do you camp in Swan Hill DS??? Looking for good mid-point 'tween Adel & Sydney to hookup between myself and some Adelaide mates.

I've got a couple of kegs so unless I can get a set up with at least 10-15 kegs I will ALWAYS bottle some batches...I love the choice. Smaller batches more often leaving me with massive choice when I want a drink :icon_chickcheers:

I've got a couple of kegs so unless I can get a set up with at least 10-15 kegs I will ALWAYS bottle some batches...I love the choice. Smaller batches more often leaving me with massive choice when I want a drink :icon_chickcheers:

+1

I love my three-tap kegerator, but I also love variety and choice. So I bottle a batch every now and then, or even under-fill a keg so there are plenty of bottles left over once the keg is blown.

This may change when I get a CPBF.

I keg and bottle each batch.. do a 23lt~ batch.. keg 18lts bottle the rest so I can have a selection to take away with me...

yep, once a beer gets >6%abv i try to bottle. i learned early on those high alcohol kegs tend to sit for a while before going empty, though it was handy when blending beers.
the ultimate solution for me would be a cpbf. keg the whole batch when ready, then bottle when i have time/bottles/energy. some day...
joe

filter, keg and force carb everything - bottle as needed with CPBF. Sometimes this might be a whole keg if I specifically want the beer in bottles or more usually I will have the beer on tap and bottle a portion of it when I get around to it or when I want the keg empty.

I keg and love every minute of it. But i sometimes bottle the left over litre or so at the bottom of the fermentor. I also bottle stouts as i want them to age. When the house extension is complete i will have a small cellar 1.5mx1.3m and will use it to keep barleywines and stouts for a few years as well as some wine and scotch.

Back