Keg posts

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desitter

Reaction score
G'day,

I'm trying to identify the type of kegs (or more specifically the keg posts) I need for a couple of old kegs I bought about 12 years ago, but never got around to using. The posts have become slightly rusted and I would like to replace them, but am having a hard time identifying what type/size I need. Attached are a number of images of the posts and measurements in inches of the major diameter of the male threading. The Black keg appears to have the same diameter IN and OUT threading, while the Blue has different sizes as expected. If anyone can identify these types of kegs, and let me know the size of posts I need to order, that would be great.

Cheers,

black in.JPG

black out.JPG

black.JPG

blue in.JPG

blue out.JPG

blue.JPG

posts.JPG

If you want to get rid of the old posts ill take them off your hands.
I can send you a link to an ebay seller that has got the ones for the black keg with seals and all.
Item number is 321422980502
Let me know :) cheers.

Yeah I came across those posts DU99 while trying to solve the problem myself before posting here. My measurements did not quite match those given however. But if those listed are all the sizes available, then the black one must be a Cornelius Spartan or Super Champion, and the blue closest to a Firestone V Challenger, Firestone VI Challenger, or Firestone Super Challenger. Would this be your conclusion as well?

Thanks Digga, I'll let you know once I work out what I'll end up doing.

Latest posts

Back