Keg King kegerator series 4

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing about the series 4 that I really love is that, because the compressor hump is far smaller, the kegs can sit back further, giving plenty of space for half a dozen bottles as well.
I even fitted in half a carton of Oettinger 500ml cans, stacked on top of each other.

im almost set on a series 4......just cannot decide wether to go with 2 or 3 tap setup....and which taps of course :/

common sense says 2 taps with a 3rd keg inside ready to go.......male brain says 3 taps......because.....3 taps......hmmmm

lost at sea said:
im almost set on a series 4......just cannot decide wether to go with 2 or 3 tap setup....and which taps of course :/
This was my dilemma too. I liked the idea of just two taps with one keg ready to go but after asking the same question was convinced to go with three taps as you can always just not tap one keg and the extra outlay for additional tap was minimal.

Glad I went the 3 tap setup now as it's good to have options.

I got Perlick 650 flow controls SS taps. Well worth the money.

I've got three taps so that I can have enough variety on the go. Stout, IPA, Pilsener. Chilling another keg may be an overnight job if you start from room temperature, but if you have a fermenting/lagering fridge, you can have it pre-chilled or at least cooler than room temp.

The amount of horizontal space in a KK4 is nice. Big enough for three kegs and a few jars of yeast or bottles of beer. The amount of vertical space above the kegs is very minimal though - that makes it hard to attach and remove the disconnects once a keg is in place.

I have also put the manifold on the outside and just removed the plug for the gas hose. That makes it very easy to run three gas lines into the fridge and operating the manifold from the outside is much easier. You can do it without opening the fridge and letting the cold air out.

peteru said:
I've got three taps so that I can have enough variety on the go. Stout, IPA, Pilsener. Chilling another keg may be an overnight job if you start from room temperature, but if you have a fermenting/lagering fridge, you can have it pre-chilled or at least cooler than room temp.

The amount of horizontal space in a KK4 is nice. Big enough for three kegs and a few jars of yeast or bottles of beer. The amount of vertical space above the kegs is very minimal though - that makes it hard to attach and remove the disconnects once a keg is in place.

I have also put the manifold on the outside and just removed the plug for the gas hose. That makes it very easy to run three gas lines into the fridge and operating the manifold from the outside is much easier. You can do it without opening the fridge and letting the cold air out.
I have a very similar setup with my series 2 kegerator that I picked up 2nd hand. A little more space would be nice but I have a separate small fridge for lagering / beer / bbq essentials so not really necessary. It was a PITA to fit 3 gas lines through the hole but worth it to have the external 4-line manifold, not much of a fan of having the door open to shake a keg while force carbonating!

lost at sea said:

common sense says 2 taps with a 3rd keg inside ready to go.......male brain says 3 taps......because.....3 taps......hmmmm
I have 3 taps, I don't currently brew enough to have all 3 taps running so one tap always has soda water for the wife and kids. Your better off looking at it than for it I always say.

I currently have a 3-way gas manifold mounted to one of the drink holder screw holes inside the fridge but wanting to move the manifold out of the fridge since it is getting in the way.

Has anyone else done this (I vaguely recall seeing something) and where have you mounted it?

I don't know if the set up on 4 is the same as 3 that I have, but I simply mounted the manifold on the right hand side of the kegerator towards the back, removed the plastic tube from the gas line hole which allowed me to feed all three lines through into the kegs. This was the way I always had it though, after looking inside and seeing if the manifold would fit I quickly decided that was a shit idea because it wouldn't fit with the kegs and I wouldn't easily be able to access the valves and put it on the outside. I do have a 4 way manifold though so I can use the spare line for purging/quick carbing or whatever.

On the KK4, the gas line hole is on the left hand side. It's easy to remove the plastic grommet and doing so leaves a hole that is big enough to easily feed three gas lines through. I mounted my 4 way manifold on a wooden block and attached the wooden block to a thin plastic strip that runs the entire height of the kegerator. I attached the plastic strip using the existing screws that hold the metal cage at the bottom and the top panel. This way I did not have to make any permanent modifications to the fridge.

cliffo said:
I currently have a 3-way gas manifold mounted to one of the drink holder screw holes inside the fridge but wanting to move the manifold out of the fridge since it is getting in the way.

Has anyone else done this (I vaguely recall seeing something) and where have you mounted it?
My fridge is under a bar and the manifold is mounted to one of the bar uprights.

Cheers guys, a few options I can look at.

I just got my KK4 last weekend, I was surprised the wife said yes haha.
I was going to make my own, but time constraints plus getting all the bits, it was easier to just get an existing one.
Plus Andrew and Bulk Brewing here in Perth was doing a great deal on them.

I don't have any beer in it yet though, I've got a Pale ale and a pilsner to go.
The plan is to mount it under my bar (When I finish it) and maybe change to a 3 tap system later down the line.

I can't wait until my beer is ready to keg haha

Hostage_85 said:
I just got my KK4 last weekend, I was surprised the wife said yes haha.
I was going to make my own, but time constraints plus getting all the bits, it was easier to just get an existing one.
Plus Andrew and Bulk Brewing here in Perth was doing a great deal on them.

I don't have any beer in it yet though, I've got a Pale ale and a pilsner to go.
The plan is to mount it under my bar (When I finish it) and maybe change to a 3 tap system later down the line.

I can't wait until my beer is ready to keg haha
I came across here researching for a new setup.

I am also in Perth but couldn't see any Kegarators on the Bulk Brewing website but it looks like it is a work in progress, any chance you could let me know what they were selling them for?

Hi Sponsor,
Look up Andrew www.bulkbrewingsupplies.com.au on Facebook. he writes up most of his specials on there.
I think the site is still a work in progress, so this deal isn't on there.

The one I got was Keggerator System Series 4, (2 xstainless steel intertap, all beer lines, clamps, connectors, regulator, 2.6kg co2 bottle, drip tray, font fan, and 2 x genuine cornelius serviced kegs) for $990

He's just bought in another 12 systems and the deal is still running so shoot him an email.

Well that was easy enough, even for a tool tard such as myself.

IMG_20160828_114903.jpgIMG_20160828_114951.jpg

Question on Foaming?

I've got 2 kegs in my Series 4.
I've kept the beer lines at the same length they came with.

I've got a Pale Ale in one keg and a Pilsner in the other.
Running on 10psi, the Pale Ale pours almost perfect. Slightly more foam than i'd like, but nothing I can't handle.
The Pilsner however, always comes out foamy, almost half a glass of foam on the first pour and maybe 1/4 of the glass after that.

The font fan is on, and its pretty cold, theres condensation dripping from the font and the taps, so I don't think warm beer lines is an issue.
Do you think its just that the beer lines are only 4mm?

The pressure could be too low. Try it at 12psi.

Also check for any kinks.

Put the font fan conduit in the bottom of the font too rather than the top (unless it already is there). I know it sounds illogical given that cold air sinks but I tried it both ways when I had one of those fonts and it worked much better blowing the cold air up into it from near the bottom rather than shoving the conduit all the way to the top of the font and trying to get it to sink down.

Latest posts

Back