Keg King Intertap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might start a new thread (bad pun) for 3D printed tap handles. There is probably other brew gear people have printed too.

Can anyone comment on how well the stout attachment works?

BBBF said:
Can anyone comment on how well the stout attachment works?
Really well. I only use co2 at the moment, but i simply carb real low, then bump pressure up heaps to pour. Noice creamy head, easy to unscrew and clean. Had an amber and a stout through it so far.

Hooked 3 new FC InterTap faucets up yesterday, and tested them today. Unfortunately I'm getting nothing but foam, regardless of the position of the FC handle. I was dispensing from the keg via a few meters of line and a picnic tap just the other day without issue, and the flow going through the lines with the FC faucets hooked up shows no sign of foam (only have a short piece from keg to shank < 1m). The beer, lines, and faucet were all at serving temp, so it's not a temperature issue. I inspected the shanks and elbow barb and I can't perceive any irregularities that might cause turbulence, and they worked fine for the Perlick 650SS I recently had replaced.

Just to be sure I tested pouring through all three shanks and with all three faucets, but have yet to get anything other than more foam. Not that it should make a difference, but I also tried dropping the pressure in the keg from around 11-12 psi to 1-2 psi, but this made no difference. When I'm pouring the beer, even on the slowest setting, I can hear and fizzing/gushing noise coming from where the faucet meets the shank, so it's likely the foaming is occurring there.

Anyone having or had similar issues, or could offer any suggestions as to what to try next?

Just hooked up the picnic tap again, pouring fine. Took off the elbow barb and the washer looks like it had been seated correctly. Hard to say though as I can't see it when it's all assembled. But I took extra care to align it correctly when tightening the nut. I had not disassembled it since using the Perlicks, which worked fine, so it's likely not the issue. Thanks for your suggestions though.

I'm not entirely sure the path beer takes while passing through these faucets, so this may be inconsequential, but I notice that the seven holes that pass from the outside to the hollow inside, and span the circumference of the restrictor (show in the image below) have been poorly machined, and still have burrs that partially obstruct the holes themselves. I'm not sure if beer is meant to flow through these holes, but if so it's likely that these burrs would provide a considerable about of turbulence.

CpTSP64.jpg

Mine took a while to settle down but I also realised I was way over gassed.
They did need a good clean and mine did have a chunk of swarf in one. Not as smoothly machined as either my old celis or my perlick fc.

desitter said:
, or could offer any suggestions as to what to try next?
put you pressure back to what you normally have.

enoch said:
Mine took a while to settle down but I also realised I was way over gassed.
They did need a good clean and mine did have a chunk of swarf in one. Not as smoothly machined as either my old celis or my perlick fc.
enoch is right, it will take a while to settle down and you may have to play around a little to get it perfect.

My new FC Intertap is also foaming tons. Given i have multiple taps i swapped it onto the other two spots and it foams with any combo of line, post and keg. The Perlick 630 and non-FC Intertap i have don't have any issues.

Thoughts?

Have you tried calling Keg King? I've called twice re problems with Keg King branded products - sorted both times quickly and easily

Haven't yet. Been flat chat with other things and only picked it up yesterday. Disassembled and cleaned it before install, minimal swarf that was easily removed.

I got my kegerator the other day and have the Intertap flow control taps, so I'm looking forward to giving it a go.

All this talk of foaming is a bit concerning, especially seeing I'm brand new to kegging so troubleshooting might be more difficult for me. Anyhoos, I was reading this thread and thought maybe these have the same problem. Maybe the taps need to be screwed really tightly to the shanks?

I pulled mine down last night and soaked it overnight in Starsan. Gave it a really good scrub this morning and refitted it tonight. Popped a new keg on and somewhere in all of that it has fixed it. So it was either left over machining residue that i failed to clean the first time, a misalignment when i put it back together the first time, or perhaps it just wasnt quite seated properly.

Still get slightly more initial foam than the 630 or the plain Intertap, but thats most likely due to the extra thermal mass taking a little while to settle.

Good to hear you've had success. The flow control ones must be pretty new, so other than this thread I haven't read anyone's experiences. I was starting to get worried. I'll let you know how mine go once I get a keg hooked up.

verysupple said:
Good to hear you've had success. The flow control ones must be pretty new, so other than this thread I haven't read anyone's experiences. I was starting to get worried. I'll let you know how mine go once I get a keg hooked up.
Yeah, they only came in stock in late Dec or so.

Latest posts

Back