Keeping Sport On Free-to-air

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a sports illiterate, have never been interested (ditto Dad, brother, grandparents etc so it's obviously a generational thing). If every sports oval, stadium etc were to go poof and turn into breweries :icon_cheers: overnight I'd be ecstatic.

So the only time I have ever enquired about sport on the web is to check what fixtures are on at Weekends in Brisbane so I won't have to put up with a trainload of Broncos droids or Roar droids and I drive into the Valley on that day (I work afternoon shifts)

However since 10 started their new ONE channel to my surprise I'm often sitting there watching stuff during the day. Motor racing, Cycling and triathlons in particular, and they even have interesting sorts of travelogue shows with white water canoeing etc. It's great to have some real choice other than endless daytime shows interrupted by infomercials for ab-twisters, funeral plans and more funeral plans and I'm beginning to appreciate that free to air, given the chance (and cheap material, I expect they don't pay a motza for televising a triathlon) can provide sports with a wide appeal, not just footy footy and more footy.

I'll sign for sure.

Back