Kaixin Pumps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the whole point of this particular thread was about wort pumps, not sand baging products imported from particular countries, if thats what you would like to do start your own thread! Getting tired of personal points of veiw and politics getting into threads unless someone can specifically point to faults or misrepresentations about the product mentioned in the op, take your crap else where!
Just sayin

Funny how advising caution has turn to Xenophobia. If you were capable of reading you would realize my wife is Chinese.
It also appears you've missed your mark with the interpretation of xenophobic and probably are referring to sinophobia which has discreet differences.
Get some one close to read the definition to you and explain the differences..
In either case I'm referring to a product not a race of people and in fact I would openly admit to being a sinophile.

I believe its time this topic was put to bed

Tinny

MastersBrewery said:
I think the whole point of this particular thread was about wort pumps, not sand baging products imported from particular countries, if thats what you would like to do start your own thread! Getting tired of personal points of veiw and politics getting into threads unless someone can specifically point to faults or misrepresentations about the product mentioned in the op, take your crap else where!
Just sayin
I agree! Does anyone have a recommendation of plumbing up to the NPT threads of a march pump. all my fittings to date are BSP.

Tinny

These pumps are now available at Keg King. They used to have only the hose clampable inlet and outlets however all new products are threaded ports. $99.95. Pretty good value.

Thanks masters brewery for getting what was a great thread back on track. Thinking of buying a couple of these myself and have been following the ongoing info on these pumps after wolfies great posts.

Anyone had any problems / reliability issues with the kaixin pumps? (now its been a few months...)

As you know Lael my pump is still going strong after 3 months of pretty solid use. I burnt out 2 LBPs in 2 months using them for the same application as the Kaixin.

No complaints here with the quality so far...

My Kaixin pump is going brilliantly.

Just like Pete said, my LBP was not up to the task of moving the volume of wort under higher temps, it just ceased up.

The kaixin on the otherhand has been flawless. It pumps like a mad thing.

Rob.

No probs yet, mine are going great guns.
I'd recommend buying straight from the manufacturer if u can, as I paid just over $100 for 2 inc postage.

sweet! Thanks for the feedback! scottc - how long ago did you get yours? from aliexpress? I think prices are up since then... :(

My march pump shat itself yesterday :(

Can someone confirm for me that this is the correct pump so I can order.

Not much fun brewing without a pump once you get used to it :lol:

Logman said:
My march pump shat itself yesterday :(

Can someone confirm for me that this is the correct pump so I can order.

Not much fun brewing without a pump once you get used to it :lol:

What happened to your March pump? Perhaps it can be repaired.

had mine for 2-3 years, still working fine. Finally mounted it to the brew rig on the weekend.

I ordered one of these from Jack Gu and got this on May 31 2013, it is interesting that it seems to be available again.

Jack Gu: Sorry sir,

I have to close my online shop because I was sick these days. so I did not work these days. please cancel this order. the payment will return to you. I am so sorry.

Jack

I got something similar from him last year.

I think he doesn't have the stock on hand and the ali-express store requires fast shipping. If somebody orders and he can't ship, he gets penalised.
The store comes and goes but he does deliver a good product for the price.

Batz said:
What happened to your March pump? Perhaps it can be repaired.
Not sure Batz - was fine at the end of my last brew, went to sparge yesterday and it wouldn't start i.e. no power at all. I'll take a look at it today and see if anything looks out of place.

Any of you guys on the Gold Coast know anything about broken March Pumps? :D

Looks like it's fine after all that - weird because yesterday I tried the extension cord that the HLT runs from, when that didn't work I tried with another cord. :unsure:

You need to clean the bore of the impeller, my bet is there is some grungy build up in there. I had it happen a couple of times, slows the pump down and stops. Easy fix.

You should also replace the 'O' ring, I have a few spares here and will happily send you one.

Batz

Just hit the button on one of these too.

Brown pump clogged up on the weekend and wouldn't budge, snapped the impeller shaft trying to get it out for cleaning.
I had a spare luckily, but it's only a matter of time before it dies too.

Bring on the green pump.

Latest posts

Back